HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment

Old Posted May 31, 2020, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural View Post
If the Lloyd Center site is chosen.......would the current stadium design have to be redesigned? How would the stadium be oriented for the money shot?
stolen fron the Google:

Generally speaking, the best angle for both batters and fielders is to have the centerline of the field run from southwest to northeast with home plate in the southwestern end.

conceivably, this would allow for great views of both Mt Hood and Mt St Helens from the main seating bowl.

Old Posted May 31, 2020, 9:58 PM

after looking at other ballpark dimensions you could fit a modern structure on roughly half of the Lloyd Center property.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2020, 6:15 AM
A before E

Quote:
If the Lloyd Center site is chosen.......would the current stadium design have to be redesigned? How would the stadium be oriented for the money shot?
from home plate, the outfield would be towards the North and East per MLB rules, so there would be no skyline shot from the stands beyond what you could see of the city from the concourse. Of course, if the stadium is built on the eastern side of the Lloyd Center site, that would open up the western side to be developed, but my guess is they would want the stadium to sit on the western side so that the eastern side could be developed as the entrance to the stadium.

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/sta..._NSEW_NL.shtml

Old Posted Jun 1, 2020, 2:52 PM

Thanks both......personally I would prefer the Terminal 2 Site due to the Riverfront location and sexiness of area.. . Unfortunately, the Transportation and Zoning issues may be too big of an obstical to overcome. The Lloyd District( if chosen) would truly go through an amazing restructure. I've lived in other cities and seen first hand how a major sports facility can totally transform an area. Imagine what Portland can conjure up given this opportunity, This is a win win for Portland regardless of site chosen. Portland is a MLB city....no question.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2020, 1:37 AM
RCTID

I’m surprised nobody caught the Amazon Prime Park logo in one of the renderings on the previous page.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2020, 8:22 AM
A before E

Quote:
Thanks both......personally I would prefer the Terminal 2 Site due to the Riverfront location and sexiness of area.. . Unfortunately, the Transportation and Zoning issues may be too big of an obstical to overcome. The Lloyd District( if chosen) would truly go through an amazing restructure. I've lived in other cities and seen first hand how a major sports facility can totally transform an area. Imagine what Portland can conjure up given this opportunity, This is a win win for Portland regardless of site chosen. Portland is a MLB city....no question.
It would be great to one day see a MLB stadium in the Lloyd District, and see the district full of 250-400ft buildings.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment