HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jun 30, 2017, 8:49 PM

Old Posted Jul 1, 2017, 9:07 AM

^^^
Very nice, and so tres chic. That area is turning out to be quite the hot little neighborhood. We could use some of this scale of development going on all over Central Ninth here in Central Los Angeles. The whole missing middle scale that is becoming so popular throughout Central Salt Lake City, is sorely needed here in Central L.A. The size is just right for not bastardising the scale of intimate neighborhoods. Yet, at the same time the new designs have a very fresh, urban appeal.

I really do think that these new styles are so much more attractive than what was considered contemporary during the 50's through 70's. These designs have an appeal that I think will age well through the coming decades. I would like to see some of the many tacky looking residential properties of the 60's given updates toward this type of design. I think your typical two to three story apartment building could be converted without too much creative genius.

http://www.buildingsaltlake.com/cons...central-ninth/

Last edited by delts145; Jul 1, 2017 at 9:25 AM.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2017, 9:50 AM

I was just traveling south on Google, down 200 West. So many great development opportunities there. Future Mayor, have you checked into 200 W., along the TRAX Line? I imagine you have your feelers out there. Probably everything has already been snatched up at this point.

Are the proposals to take down the 9th S. viaducts still receiving serious consideration?

Old Posted Jul 1, 2017, 2:54 PM

https://goo.gl/images/x9r3ej

Test to see if this link works

Old Posted Jul 1, 2017, 3:01 PM

State street ideas

An example of narrowing state street on one side and using the available space for multiple uses at the pedestrian level, adding green space, potentially space for art shows, small music acts, farmers markets and other steer type vendors. Done right and it could be a draw to attract people out onto the steet and loiter in a good way

https://goo.gl/images/AD4A4F

See link to images ^^^^^

Old Posted Jul 1, 2017, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Dave View Post
An example of narrowing state street on one side and using the available space for multiple uses at the pedestrian level, adding green space, potentially space for art shows, small music acts, farmers markets and other steer type vendors. Done right and it could be a draw to attract people out onto the steet and loiter in a good way

https://goo.gl/images/AD4A4F

See link to images ^^^^^
If we are talking downtown I don't think it works for state but that's the kinda thing I want to see happen to W Temple or 3rd west. West Temple between 100 & 400 S is particularly wasteful imo.

Ideally I want the median of West Temple between 1st & 2nd sold and developed. Remove on street parking, the useless shared left hand turn lane, and at least 1 lane of traffic in each direction(I think you could remove 2 and be fine). I got on a kick about this a year or two ago. Iirc we could fit a pair of buildings the size of the Hotel Monaco with space left over. Buildings and density do more for a city than open space. Particularly one like Salt Lake where you can ride a bicycle into a national forest from downtown.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2017, 9:15 PM

Major street is a major waste

Just over 2 blocks from a TRAX station.

Here is the view of the city from the street, I'm sure it's better on the sixth floor and you get the Wasatch mountains as well as summer fireworks from the stadium.

about 1350S Major St

This is what is there now

It isn't all poorly used. The Challenger school is a good use. (sorry no photo) I think there is an opportunity to turn Major St into somewhere real nice if not special.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 6:13 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Looks like the outdoor retailer convention downsized for it’s final year here. Only two of the temporary tent buildings this year.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 5:56 PM

A development just north of SLC’s downtown is betting on Hardware

http://www.sltrib.com/home/5454142-1...-north-of-slcs

Quote:
A couple of dozen construction workers hustled about Wednesday in the subterranean foundation for the next building being erected in the face-lift of 400 West north of North Temple.

They're laying the groundwork for what will be part of Hardware District, a $275 million mixed-use project that SALT Development is building on the west side of 400 West between 200 North and North Temple (around the historic Salt Lake Hardware Building).

The just-emerging seven-story building, along with another seven-story structure directly to the west, which is much farther along, will contain 466 residential units — from one- and two-bedroom units to much larger brownstones on the ground level.

To the south will be two office buildings. One will be a 10-story tower, with seven floors of offices (200,00 square feet) on top of three levels of parking (800 stalls).

The second is projected to be four stories, made of heavy timber and glass to establish a creative ambiance throughout its 60,000 square feet of space.
"Hardware District is the perfect complement to 4th West Apartments," he said, "as it provides a sense of community with first-class living" and amenities such as barbecue pits, a pool, spas, a fitness center and a library lounge with a bar and a two-story waterfall.

The first Hardware District residential units are expected to hit the market in February. The opening of Hardware West is scheduled to introduce 48 studio apartments, 134 one-bedroom units and 83 two-bedroom units.

"The ground floor will have 37 two-story brownstone town homes averaging 1,400 square feet," Vegh said. The five brownstones in Hardware East will be about 1,500 square feet, he added, noting that most units in both buildings will have 10-foot ceilings.

They are scheduled to open in August 2018.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 9:39 PM
Engineer

So Hardware Village now plans on two office buildings? A 10 story and a 4 story. I like the sound of the 4 story being made of heavy timber.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 10:37 PM

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 1:59 AM
BANNED

Improve your firewall guys. Hackers are owning this site right now with their annoying forcing us to a lame ass give away website.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 2:06 AM

There is a forum issues page for things like that. Posting about it in this topic is not going to accomplish anything.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhero View Post
So Hardware Village now plans on two office buildings? A 10 story and a 4 story. I like the sound of the 4 story being made of heavy timber.
Hardware Village always planned to have a 4-story on the north/east side of the taller building.

Here's the image of the original design for HV when it was first announced:

Source: BuildingSaltLake.com

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 6:04 PM
BANNED

......and this is why we can't ever win a championship here. #betrayward. Sad truth is Salt Lakeis still a lame ass city compare to the big cities and this is why we can't keep the talent here, or get a allstar to come here. We have such a long ways to go.Here's to another ten years of rebuilding the Jazz right before our next star wants out too.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 9:05 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
Hardware Village always planned to have a 4-story on the north/east side of the taller building.
Huh. I always saw all of that as one building.

Also, if anyone has heard any updates (good or bad) regarding the Violin School Commons, Marmalade (the apartments facing 300 West next to the library), Paperbox, or Trolley Square developments, I will give you a prize if you share them.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 9:45 PM

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhero View Post
Huh. I always saw all of that as one building.

Also, if anyone has heard any updates (good or bad) regarding the Violin School Commons, Marmalade (the apartments facing 300 West next to the library), Paperbox, or Trolley Square developments, I will give you a prize if you share them.
It is one building. I'll have updates tomorrow on the second four-story building.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 12:34 AM

You guys. 400s west temple. For reals. Get info. Do digging

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 3:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPdesign View Post
You guys. 400s west temple. For reals. Get info. Do digging
Hmmmm. I need more hints. Also, I was looking at some updated info on downtown rising and there is some pretty good projects they are advocating for, but then again, it's been said before but I am hopeful.

http://downtownrising.com/_files/DTR..._2017Final.pdf

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West