HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 1:23 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Proposal for 454 McLaughlin Drive:

Quote:
From Castlemount Properties 454 McLaughlin Drive, Moncton (PID 70567581) a conditional use application to allow more than one main building on a lot and a conditional use application to allow the construction of a 64 unit residential building in the R3 zone (multiple unit dwelling zone) (File: 21- 44027)
Pretty generic, but undoubtedly needed. Hopefully the rent will be affordable.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Dec 3, 2021 at 7:55 PM.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 2:04 PM

McLaughlin Drive keeps getting busier. No more word on any on-ramp/off-ramp plans in the future?

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 2:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
McLaughlin Drive keeps getting busier. No more word on any on-ramp/off-ramp plans in the future?
Not that I am aware of, but as far as I am concerned, It is an inevitability, especially as the Vision Lands continue to build out.......

Old Posted Dec 3, 2021, 7:54 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Looks like they are getting ready to put in the traffic lights at the eastbound on/off ramps at the TCH/Harrisville Blvd interchange.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 9:32 PM

T&T

“A rationalization project for Forest Glen and Sunny Brae schools have been moved up from 36th to 14th on the province’s priority ranking list for school infrastructure projects for 2022-23.”

It’ll be nice to have these two old schools replaced. Nothing so far on where a replacement would be located.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 10:27 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I hear there’s some prime land available next to Moncton High School.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 4:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

I hear there’s some prime land available next to Moncton High School.
I'm willing to bet that's where it ends up.

Ideally they would place it where existing FG school is, but I'm not sure if that's even big enough for what they need nowadays. The Sunny Brae lot sure isn't.

You have the old Champlain school area, but that is by industrial zones which is a big part of (if not the whole) reason that school was moved. It's also currently being used.

Maybe at the Mclaughin rd. end of Granite Drive? That might be scary traffic-wise, and is not walkable, but would be closer than Tankville.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 1:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Yes, well, I was (mostly) joking about available land out by MHS (but you never know).........

Personally, I imagine the city will lobby for the new school to be built on the Vision Lands somewhere. It is pretty obvious there is a lobby group out there that wants the intended new fifth greater Moncton anglophone high school to be built on the Vision Lands too. If there were to be an anglophone K-8 school and high school to be built on the Vision Lands (similar to what is happening on the francophone side), then the pressure to build significant residential there would become irresistible.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 1:14 PM
real estate blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2dam View Post
I'm willing to bet that's where it ends up.

Ideally they would place it where existing FG school is, but I'm not sure if that's even big enough for what they need nowadays. The Sunny Brae lot sure isn't.

You have the old Champlain school area, but that is by industrial zones which is a big part of (if not the whole) reason that school was moved. It's also currently being used.

Maybe at the Mclaughin rd. end of Granite Drive? That might be scary traffic-wise, and is not walkable, but would be closer than Tankville.
NB Education already holds 5 1/2 acres (wooded) to the West of the current Forest Glen School parcel. And Friends of the Villla du Repot hold a similar size wooded parcel to the South of Forest Glen.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 1:26 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Interesting. I just looked at a satellite image of the area, and this is the last undeveloped parcel in the Fairview Knoll area. I imagine you're right. This will be where the new school should be built.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2021, 9:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The structural steel for the Walmart Distribution Centre on Frenette Avenue in the Caledonia Industrial Park is beginning to go up.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2022, 1:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is active construction occurring on a large lot on the SE corner of Urquhart/Frenette in the Caledonia Industrial Park. I think I now know what is being built here.

An article in the T&T today regarding MID mentioned Ideal Roofing, an Ottawa based firm had purchased and was building on a 13 acre lot in the Caledonia park. This sounds about right.

This plant will manufacture components for steel roofing and will employ about 50 people.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2022, 3:08 PM

When I read that news story this morning, I came to the same conclusion. Purely a guess, of course, based on the lot size, which you have duly noted.
As an aside, I also note that the traffic lights have still not been installed at the TCH ramp at Harrisville Blvd. I suspect supply chain issues but again this is purely a guess. The infrastructure to support these lights was ready to go months ago. Same for the lights at Hennessey and McLaughlin - nice bases and electrical ready to go, but the lights are nowhere to be seen.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 1:58 PM

Another new tenant moving into Granite centre. https://www.facebook.com/SimplyForLife will be moving from their Dieppe location to be beside The Trail Shop\Take It Outside stores

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
Another new tenant moving into Granite centre. https://www.facebook.com/SimplyForLife will be moving from their Dieppe location to be beside The Trail Shop\Take It Outside stores
What an absolutely boring tenant... so far we have 2 overpriced outdoor retailers and one sham diet, I guess I shouldn't complain since at least traffic in the area won't see much of an increase.

It's too bad, that area has no clothing retailers (though I guess the outdoor ones might be considered as such), no home goods retailer (I don't count Home Hardware), few dining options, etc. I find it unfortunate that we moved from the North End to Irishtown but yet still do the bulk of our shopping, other than Costco of course, in the North End!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 2:18 PM

There's a public hearing at today's city council meeting on the proposed apartment building for 456 McLaughlin. There's a house on this lot now that assume willl be torn down or moved.
https://www5.moncton.ca/docs/council...0-%20Small.pdf

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 7:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Morton Pub has apparently closed. The rumour is that the building has sold, and will become a dentist's office.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 11:31 PM

My 'go to' pub. Gone.
Guess I didn't "go to" it enough.
Lord knows I tried.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 6:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Traffic lights at Harrisville/TCH are now installed and are flashing yellow. I presume activation will be soon.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2022, 3:32 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Traffic lights at Harrisville/TCH are now installed and are flashing yellow. I presume activation will be soon.
These lights are now fully operational.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces