HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 27, 2020, 11:20 AM

Salt Lake City & MSA/CSA Rundown

Autumn, Salt Lake City's Metro Canyons

https://culturetrekking.com/images/i...outside&w=1600

Hyatt Regency Convention Center Hotel - Under Construction

- 685,000 SF (overall building area)
- 700 rooms
- 26 stories
- Estimated completion date—September 2022
- Owner, Developer—Salt Lake City CH LLC
- Architect—Portman Architects and FFKR Architects
- GC—Hensel Phelps Construction and Okland Construction

Mechanical Adjustments - Engineers tasked with creating high-rise mechanical systems confront issues in both plumbing and HVAC work—leading to the creation of highly efficient buildings.

Taylor Larsen - October 5th, 2020 | by UC&D Magazine - http://utahcdmag.com/2020/10/we-own-the-sky/

High-rise structures stand out in a number of areas—most notably in the mechanical realm. With many of these proposed structures over 20 stories taller than the three-story, or 75-foot, threshold defined by the International Building Code (IBC 2000), adjustments to standard, low-rise systems are needed for high-rise systems in order to adequately keep tenants and visitors safe.

In order to understand some of those adjustments, Kim Harris, P.E. and President Emeritus of VBFA explains some key differences in what are called “life safety issues” that come about while doing their mechanical engineering work in these high-rise structures. Water pressure, smoke mitigation, stair pressurization and fire sprinkler design are some of the issues that Harris has dealt with while designing the Salt Lake City Convention Center Hotel on 100 South and West Temple.

He says that water pressure is a critical issue for this building, currently still in construction. “The building heights change the way we design piping systems. It changes the design of the equipment, the valves, the piping and everything else to be rated for higher pressures,” Harris says. Although the equipment on the mechanical side doesn’t scale proportionally in cost, which is a relief in terms of overall expenses, it does require equipment rated to a higher number of pounds per square inch.

Harris and the VBFA team are under specific constraints with Salt Lake City’s 26-story Convention Center Hotel project. It took VBFA 18 months to design, which Harris says is because “it’s a complicated site. They had to tear down part of the Salt Palace, which led to a tight site with [the new construction] coming into an existing building.”

While site selection poses a unique test, Harris details how this and other high-rises in SLC present challenges to mechanical engineers tasked with heating and cooling a building.

“The building exterior envelope has a high percentage of glass,” Harris says of the hotel. The exterior glazing that goes to make such a beautiful glass façade on these high-rises is here to stay, as is the unique challenges that using those materials creates. “The south-facing, floor-to-ceiling glass presents a huge challenge.”

Harris says that code prevents a building from using over 30–40-percent glass on a prescriptive basis. But there is a catch. “You can get around that by showing savings in energy-usage in other areas by completing an energy model on the building,” he explains. “And our energy model showed that it beat the energy code overall. It’s still a highly-efficient building.” The malleable energy code allows a more perfect dance between the oft-competing ideas of aesthetics and practicality.

The problem-solving didn’t end there either. “The ground floor is probably even more challenging with its clear glass,” Harris says. The owner wanted full transparency so that there would be no reflection for those on the interior—that way, the ground floor can act as another sales pitch to passersby.

It’s an exciting time for Harris and other mechanical engineers to design these multi-purpose, high-rise buildings. They delight in overcoming the various challenges presented with plumbing, HVAC and energy use on 20-plus story towers.

Last edited by delts145; Nov 9, 2020 at 12:02 PM.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 10:07 AM

Downtown Update - 95 So. State - Under Construction - July through October Timeline

https://kutv.com/resources/media/dd4...?1556058476688

View of the 95 S. State Office Tower site on the left and the Liberty Sky Residential Tower site on the right. Background and rising above downtown to the Northeast is the Avenues District

https://i2.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...er-8.png?ssl=1

https://i2.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...er-8.png?ssl=1

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...er-8.png?ssl=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meman View Post
Does anyone know when the steel is scheduled to start going up on Tower 8? The central elevator core is pretty tall, it appears to be about 10 storys tall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
They have been pouring concrete for the first floor/ground level. I would think that once this is complete and set, we would start to see steel rise. I think this may be in the next 2 weeks. That would give the core another 1 or 2 levels.

July 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
Updated images of 95 State I took yesterday:
Steel rising!

Rendering, looking south toward north face of 95 S. State Tower, mid-block Social Hall Avenue and Canopy structure on the left

Photo taken July 28th - Looking north, showing a partial view of subterranean structures at the bottom of photo with mid-block Social Hall Avenue and Canopy in the background.

Photo By RC14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Excellent shot of 95 So. State today from u/chaunceton on the subreddit:
August 12th

August 28th

Quote:
95 State starting to make a big impact at City Creek:

Photos By Atlas

September 12th

Photo By Scott Harding

September 20th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highrise_Mike View Post
I was downtown yesterday and snapped some quick pics for project updates!

Photos By Highrise_ Mike

October 6th

Source: u/chaunceton

October 10th

From the subreddit: Source: u/helltoosell

Last edited by delts145; Nov 10, 2020 at 6:00 AM.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 10:28 AM

Downtown West - Another major development for North Temple - 1407 West

Quote:
It looks like more changes will be coming along North Temple in the somewhat near future.

A new project area was recently announced. 1407 W North Temple, also known as the Rocky Mountain Service Center.

100 Acres in total but will be done in 2 phases. The Gadsby power plant will be shutting down in the next few years and Phase 2 will be the existing power plant area.

Investment Highlights

100+ Acre Redevelopment Site is Accepting Request for Qualification & Redevelopment Concept.

Brand new Rocky Mountain Power Headquarters anticipated to anchor the site

Excellent site location within 5 minutes of downtown, an international airport, Utah's largest transit hub and miles of outdoor trails and recreation

---
Additional info from the RFQ Document: https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/hwCam...4/document.pdf

Quote:
Phase One: Expression of Interest A brief letter of interest to formally participate in the Request for Qualifications process should be submitted into the procurement system. Once complete, the applicant will receive a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) for signature. Upon receipt of the signed NDA, applicants will be formally admitted into the process and will receive access to any further instructions and FAQ’s that may be available at the time. [Phase 1 Deadline October 30, 2020 at 5PM MST]

Phase Two: Request for QualificationsThis initial phase is primarily focused on the qualifications and proven record of the development team to execute a successful project that aligns with the goals and visions of the RMP team. Submissions will be evaluated according to the Threshold and Response Criteria presented earlier in this document. All questions related to the RFQ must be submitted via the JAGGAER system by November 10, 2020 at 5PM MST. [Phase 2 Deadline November 15, 2020 at 5PM MST]

Phase Three: Request for Proposals The top-qualified development teams will be formally invited to provide a complete proposal. This proposal may include a general development plan, phasing and traffic flow visualization, 3D modeling of initial phases, detailed community engagement plan, pro forma and economic analysis, construction management plan, program management plan, environmental compliance and stewardship approach. There will be a particular focus on the design and development of the RMP Headquarters as the anchor tenant for the site and part of its initial phase. The proposals will be evaluated to determine which applicants will be selected for Phase Four. [Phase 3 Deadline January 29, 2021 at 5PM MST]

Phase Four: Team Interviews Qualifying proposals will participate in a forward auction via the JAGGAER system to determine the final price for the project. Finalists from the auction will be selected for an in depth interview. Mandatory attendance by the following team members: Project Manager, Proposed Lead Architect, Lead Environmental Consultant or Senior Staff Member, Lead Finance/Economic Consultant or Senior Staff Member. All attendees must have speaking parts in the interview. The finalists are to provide all materials one week prior to the interview. The Evaluation Committee will select the most qualified team based on the presentation, scoring and overall alignment with the RMP vision. There may be a development team selected as a backup in case the awarded team fails to complete Phase Five. [Phase 4 Deadline Week of Feb. 1, 2021]

Phase Five: Negotiation and Execution of Agreement with Development TeamRMP is particularly interested in a timely launch and development of initial phases of the site. As such upon selection RMP will enter into negotiations that should not exceed 3 months to finalize. Upon execution, the development team should expect to begin steps within 30 days to move the project forward. [Phase 5 May 8, 2021]

There are also emails/documents from SLC Mayor Mendenhall and the Head of Economic Development Corp of Utah (EDCU) both offering support and assistance.

The Mayor also mentioned:
Quote:
Salt Lake City is prepared to both create a path for such development and be a partner in making it successful. We look forward to assisting with zoning changes that may be needed, additional planning, area designations, and providing financial support and tools as the project may require and as benefits the residents of our unique City.

Theresa Foxley from the EDCU Stated:
Quote:
EDCUtah and its partners believe that this project will serve as an important catalyst for additional economic development opportunities in this area. As such, state leaders are committed to assisting this proposed project as a key growth opportunity for the Salt Lake City metropolitan area. EDCUtah is committed to assisting this project move forward and conveys its strong support of the project’s proposed objectives.

Quote:
It does seem that this will be very big for the area and the City overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Sunny in SLC View Post
Thanks for the great catch Makid! I have imagined for years when Gadsby will finally give up the ghost and that area be redeveloped. I had resigned myself to the reality that it would probably not happen for 15-30 years so this news is super exciting. I do find it funny that their conceptual drawings have people just hanging out in a dense urban area with a power plant just a stones throw away. Normally I would say that is a non starter, but considering that housing is in desperate supply and the plant is scheduled to decommission in 2032, it is more plausible. I would actually expect that timeline will be accelerated considering the cost curve reduction for renewables and battery storage. If Biden wins new EPA regulations will also probably expedite its demise. I created this little diddy, a while back, to show what I have imagined over the years this space could look like. Now that we know what RMP wants to do with their Southwestern parcels, this is outdated, but it could be adapted to the new reality.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berger4 View Post
... just ran by on my lunch break and I can confirm a tractor active and working on the site.

Update, Sugar House District - Sugar Alley

Sugar Alley is a 186-Unit mixed-use development located in Salt Lake City’s prestigious Sugarhouse District. Class A amenities will be accompanied with 17,332 square feet of ground floor retail.

Rendering of the Eastern side of Sugar Alley as seen from Highland Drive. If you look in the upper right corner, you can see their other proposed project, Dixon Place, though in real life it wouldn't be visible from this angle, as the under construction Sugarmont Apartments would block that view.

Rendering of the Eastern side of Sugar Alley as seen from Highland Drive.

Rendering of the Eastern side of Sugar Alley as seen from Highland Drive and the corner of the soon to be continued Wilmington Ave (will seperate Sugarmont Apartments and Sugar Alley). I like that they included the Sugarmont Apartments in the background of this image.

Rendering of the Sugar Alley 'Residences at Sugar Alley' entry/ lobby interior for the apartments.

Rendering of the Sugar Alley 'Residences at Sugar Alley' entry/ lobby for the apartments. East side as seen from Highland Drive.

Rendering of the Sugar Alley pedestrian walkway and street cafes/ restaurants separating Sugar Alley and 'The Vue at Sugar House Crossing.' Northeast corner of Sugar Alley as seen from Highland Drive.

Rendering of the Sugar Alley pedestrian walkway and street cafes/ restaurants separating Sugar Alley and 'The Vue at Sugar House Crossing.' Northwest corner of Sugar Alley.

This is a map from the cancelled Dixon Building project, so replace the 'Proposed Dixon Building' with the new Sugar Alley project. I thought it might help people 'get their bearings,' so to speak. The 'proposed apartment building' in the upper left side is the under-construction Sugarmont Apartment building.

With lot pictured in the foreground where Lowe's Sugar Alley is slated for construction

Pic By Airhero

Last edited by delts145; Oct 29, 2020 at 1:03 PM.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2020, 1:31 PM

Southern Metro - Mill Race At Provo Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodledoodledude View Post
Just heard from folks in the know, that Mill Race is STILL A GO! And to watch for movement on the property by years end. Developer had to do some value adjustments and RE-bidding and things are still looking good. They hope to see some changes there before years end! This is EXCELLENT NEWS!! Provo and utah county could REALLY use this type of development in our city!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek1978 View Post
So, I just met a neighbor of ours, (we've moved from Spanish Fork to Eagle Mountain) and he's an engineer. I can't remember the name of the company he works for, but they build commercial buildings and apartments. He said that as soon he's done with the project he's working on in Park City, he'll be working on Mill Race in Provo.

That got me all excited that it's obviously moving forward.

By The Firm of "ARCHITECTURAL RESOURCES" - Established in 1991 A / r is an award winning architectural practice with offices in Buffalo and New York City.

Mill Race at Provo Station is a 110,000 square feet residential and office building located in the heart of downtown Provo Utah. Inspired by the iconic mountain ranges and canyons that surround the city, Mill Race mimics the experience of exploration through a series of urban courtyards encouraging play and inquiry for all ages and walks of life.

Mill Race at Provo Station is located on the former lumberyard/ mill run that transported and processed timber from the surrounding mountains. Elevated bridges cut through each portion of the project paying homage to the site's history. This has been reinterpreted into a way of connecting the different living spaces and amenities that is fun and dynamic for residents.

When completed, the project will include three 5-story multi-family housing buildings, a 10-story condo tower, as well as a 12 story office tower, with ample amenity space for both residents and the surrounding community. The focus of Mill Race is to infuse play and curiosity through access to natural recreational elements while still being situated in a growing urban environment.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2020, 1:41 PM

Update, Sugar House District - Park Avenue Project

Latest ABIDrone Flyover - October 30th - The 40 Park Avenue Construction : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uy4kPUZOMs

Sugar House Park

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e9/ca...6ce0a255d4.jpg

This enthusiastically welcomed development was formerly the giant parking lot of the big-box retailer Shopko. We all love getting rid of big parking lots.
Both the 80 and 60 Park Ave. structures are now completed. The 40 Park structure is progressing rapidly as you can see in the ABIDrone flyover

https://redirectdigital.com/wp-conte...rk_ave_slc.jpg

Under Construction - Updated Rendering - The 1240 Park Avenue Apartments

The updated rendering, showing front changes. They've also added an additional floor. This updated rendering was released a little over a month ago.

https://www.connect.media/wp-content...dering-SLC.jpg

Park Avenue Developments

The buildings are replacing 9 acres of underutilized land near the heart of Sugar House. There are two new east-to-west streets to the north and south of the
development that will connect Highland Drive to 1300 East. The development will also include two new north to south throughways connecting Ashton to Stringham.

Aerial of projects as seen from the I-80 and 1300 East Interchange

Rendering of the clock tower looking southwest from Stringham Avenue. Image courtesy Dixon Architects.

Sugar House - Crede Residential Launch Development - https://www.connect.media/crede-cott...ent-on-slc-mf/

Irvine, CA-headquartered CREDE broke ground on Park Avenue Apartments, a 238-unit multifamily complex in Salt Lake City’s Sugar House community. Developed in partnership with Salt Lake City-based Cottonwood Residential, the project is set for a Q4 2021 delivery.

CREDE’s Colby Durnin says, “Park Avenue Apartments will provide highly desirable apartments in the burgeoning Sugar House area. The economic growth of Utah and Salt Lake City in particular, have led to a strong need for new residential options, as more companies relocate or open offices in Salt Lake City.”

The mid-rise 238-unit project will offer studio, one and two-bedroom apartment homes. Each unit will include nine-foot ceilings, luxury vinyl wood plank flooring, upgraded cabinetry and stone countertops, with most units having a balcony or patio. The building will also feature 1,400 square feet of retail space, a fitness center, and a resort-style pool with an outdoor terrace that includes fire pits, barbecues and two hot tubs.

Last edited by delts145; Dec 11, 2020 at 12:19 AM.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2020, 4:30 PM

This is a list of all the highrises under construction or proposed.

2020's: 3 buildings under construction to 20+stories (9 other
buildings proposed to 20+ stories)

Under Construction:
2021: 24 story 95 State
2021: 20 story Liberty Sky
2022: 26 story Hyatt Regency Convention Hotel
2022: 10 story hotel at West Quarter
2022: 10 story apartment bldg. at West Quarter
2022: 10 story Office tower at 650 Main St

Proposed:
2022?: 10 story res. bldg. at Sears Block
2023?: 40 story Kensington tower
2023?: 17 story 255 s. state tower
2023?: 36? story Utah Theater tower by Hines
2023?: 28 story Res. Tower on NW corner W. Temple & 4th S.
2023?: 25? story office tower by Hines at 450 s. Main
2023?: 25? story Regent Hotel
2025?: 26 story tower at West Quarter
2025?: 16? story tower at West Quarter
2025?: 20? story tower at West Quarter
2025?: 19 story Tower 2 at City Creek, The Cascade
2025?: 30+story res. tower at NE corner of 3rd s. & 2nd E.
2025?: 20+ story apartment approximately 625s Main
2025?: 15+ story apartment NW corner 3rd South 2nd East
2025?: 12+ story apartment NW corner 1st South 2nd East (part of original City Creek Center plan)
2025?: 10 story offce - 655 S West Temple (2nd phase Patrinely project)
2025?: 10 story office/mixed use - North Temple 5th West (Salt Development)
2025?: 12+ story UTA office - Central Station
2025?: 12? story building on Red Lion hotel development maybe more 10+ story buildings

Last edited by Orlando; Oct 31, 2020 at 6:51 PM.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2020, 1:38 PM

Downtown Update - Timeline, April - October - The Birdie Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post

...There are now full construction crews at work on the Birdie site as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by berger4 View Post
The site for "The Birdie" on 2nd and 2nd has a backhoe and work is being done on the parking lot...

Isaac Riddle Reports @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/com...town-building/ The Birdie, will be six stories with 70 residential units. The Birdie will top
out at just under 85 feet, 15 feet under the minimum height requirement of 100 feet for corner parcels in the D-1 (Central Business District) zoning district. The project will replace a surface parking lot on 0.34 acres.

Planning staff determined that the intent of the zoning requirements was to ensure that corner buildings have prominence at the intersection. Staff argued that The Birdie would have prominence based on its planned ground floor
activation, large balconies and architectural relationship to the intersection’s two historic buildings, the Stratford Hotel (2nd and 2nd) building and First Methodist Episcopal Church.

“I feel like 2nd and 2nd is a really important corner,” said Jake Williams of CW Urban. “We really wanted to be inspired by the neighborhood. These buildings all have eclectic textures.”

Williams told the commission that CW Urban wanted The Birdie to compliment the mix of historic and contemporary buildings in the area. To do this, the project will have dark-framed windows that are common on this stretch of
200 South. The ground floor will also be visually different from the upper levels with a lighter shade of concrete to create a greater emphasis on the street level features and different building materials.

https://i1.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...rdie.png?ssl=1

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...ie-2.png?ssl=1

Pre Construction site. Always great to get rid of those Downtown surface parking lots!

https://i1.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...View.png?ssl=1

April 5th Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC PopPunk View Post
Got out and snapped some photos of projects around where I live.

June 20th Update

Pics By SLCPopPunk

September 12th

Photo By SLCPopPunk

October 30th

From 200 South:

Photos By ThePalmerHouse

Last edited by delts145; Dec 28, 2020 at 12:06 PM.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2020, 2:16 PM

Downtown Update - Latest Aerial Drone Flyover - The Broadway Cottonwood Apartments

Broadway Apartments - ABIDroneFlight - Site Progress Orbit - October 30th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT5JGYoe234

Renderings, Cottonwood Broadway Apartments

PROJECT DATA
Located on the east side Salt Lake City’s vibrant downtown and iconic buildings like the Salt Lake City Public Library, the Leonardo Museum, and Salt Palace Convention Center, Cottonwood Broadway is well positioned to give residents access
to all that the City has to offer. The Studio PBA project consists of one 7-story building, with units ranging from studios to 2-bedrooms. Residents will have covered parking options located on the first two floors of the building, while the
top 5 floors are reserved for amenities and residential units. The contemporary building design provides sweeping views of the Wasatch Range from the roof top pool and residences, an expansive multi-level fitness center, and other amenity
spaces such as a cyber cafe, mail center, and full service leasing center with conference rooms.

MORE ABOUT THE PROJECT
Client: Cottonwood Residential
Completion: 2021
Units / Density: 256 Units / 148 DU/ACRE
Program: Multi-Family Residential

200 South Street Engagement

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...4%2C1042&ssl=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC PopPunk View Post
I walked by there the other day and saw a development company banner up and thought something may be happening soon. That Makes The Birdie, The Exchange, The Broadway,
The Magnolia and the nearly complete Quattro all going up in just a couple blocks of each other.

Plus The Morton is about 1/3 full and Moda Luxe appears to preparing the buildings for demo in the near future. Lots of infill in that area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
That's fantastic for downtown density's sake to have so many new feet on the ground. I know what a huge difference it makes having witnessed the seemingly sudden transformation of downtown L.A. these
past ten years. All of the new mid-rise and high-rise residential has transformed downtown Los Angeles from partially dead at night and on weekends to incredibly vibrant and full of activity both days and evenings, especially on weekends.

300 South Street Engagement

Studio PBA for Cottonwood Development - http://www.studiopba.com/cottonwood-broadway-apartments

Last edited by delts145; Nov 11, 2020 at 2:41 PM.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2020, 7:55 AM

Downtown Update - The Post District - Post House Project

September 12th
Quote:
I was referring to the Post district earlier with the full crew there everyday. Sorry that wasn't very clear. They've got most of the pit dug and have begun the preliminary foundation work.
Seeing the footprint mostly carved out is striking in how large this project is. It'll be massive.

It also appears the renovations to the building at the Southwest corner across 5th South is nearly completely. I like what they've done with it.

I'll try to find some time to snap some pictures tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post

New Video - Check it out!

GALE STREET APARTMENTS
Salt Lake City, UT

Lowe Property Group & Q Factor
5 buildings | 580 units | 461,921 sf residential | 26,833 sf retail

This mixed-use project consists of five buildings with 580-units and 26,833 sf of retail within Type IIIA over Type IA construction. Located in the D-2 downtown area of Salt Lake City, this project will be a catalyst for fostering the
development of a sustainable urban neighborhood. The five buildings of new construction are sited to retain existing adaptive-reuse structures to create the “complete block” of old and new. The design promotes a
pedestrian-oriented development with a strong emphasis on scale in an urban context.

June 18th

Photo By Atlas

Downtown Update - Post District Continued

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
I was excited to see that Lowe Property Group has updated their website on the Post District. Other than some of the planned towers, this is the project I am most excited for! I think some of these images are different from the ones
that were posted a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd include them. https://www.loweprop.com/post-district

Additional New Renderings

It looks like they will be starting with the buildings they are calling 'Post House' https://www.loweprop.com/post-house , which they have listed separately on their site. Currently, Post House is also listed as
'Under Construction' so I am hoping we will be seeing some real progress on the site very soon.

Phase I - Post House Residential Component

July 30, 2020

Post House District -

Salt Lake City, UT | July 30, 2020 - https://www.cbre.us/people-and-offic...-reuse-project

The Salt Lake City office of CBRE has been selected to oversee leasing of the A&Z Building, the former home of A&Z Produce and adaptive reuse project in The Post District, a $300 million master-planned neighborhood development. Scott
Wilmarth, Nadia Letey and Melina Miramontes will oversee the office leasing requirement.

The A&Z Building is a three-story office building with a garden level, totaling approximately 36,000 square feet. Renovations are already underway, and the building should be ready for occupancy in September of this year. The renovation
transforms an old produce building into a space that unites the historic nature of the structure with a modern aesthetic, featuring exposed brick and beam finishes. The A&Z Building will share an above-grade parking structure with an
adjacent building and has a surface lot that can facilitate additional future phases of development.

"The Post District is a timely development that will redefine the western perimeter of downtown's Central Business District, and the A&Z Building is the first step in this paramount undertaking" noted Nadia Letey, first vice president of CBRE.
"Careful consideration has been taken in the master plan to ensure that the needs of the neighborhood and local businesses have been addressed, including space for housing, retail, and local artist installations in addition to the planned
office space."

The A&Z Building is part of The Post District, a major renovation in the area that aims to revitalize a 14-acre region bordering downtown's Central Business District. The Post District is a $300 million master-planned neighborhood development
with 580 new residential units and over 300,000 square feet of new and redeveloped commercial space providing creative office, walkable restaurants, cafes, shops, open green space, public plazas and more. The initial office developments
are taking place on the southern block of 500 South spanning from 300 West to 400 West.

https://www.cbre.us/-/media/cbre/cou...1139B5B0CD17A9

September 12th

Photo By Scott Harding

October 30th

From SW corner of 300 W and 500 S:

Photos By ThePalmerHouse

Last edited by delts145; Nov 23, 2020 at 1:38 PM.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2020, 5:24 PM

Downtown Update - The Patrinely Project

Tony Semarad for the Salt Lake Tribune - July 15thhttps://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/07/...on-starts-new/ - Developers broke ground Tuesday on a 10-story office and retail project in downtown Salt Lake City, called 650 Main. The Phase I glass-clad tower at the southwest corner of Main Street and 600 South will add 332,100 square feet of high-end offices — with large floor plans, 10-foot-high ceilings and copious views — to Utah’s downtown business core, with its first phases set to be completed in early 2022. The project’s backers have a second round of construction upcoming, with an office building of similar size envisioned on adjacent land at 645 W. Temple. The Utah Transit Authority announced in April it will add a new TRAX station nearby, paid for by Salt Lake City, its redevelopment agency and the developers. The new tower has been designed by HOK, a worldwide firm headquartered in St. Louis, and its builders will reportedly aim for what’s known as LEED Gold, a high standard of energy efficiency. In addition to a spacious lobby with seating areas and about 4,600 square feet of space for retail outlets, the new tower will offer tenants an indoor fitness center with locker rooms, bike storage, a private courtyard, conference facilities and both indoor and outdoor restaurant dining. The tower is one of a half-dozen new high-rise projects proposed or under construction in Utah’s downtown core. Work on 650 Main, which has been under discussion for several years, is getting underway in spite of the pandemic after its primary backers — Houston-based developer Patrinely Group and USAA Real Estate, with home offices in San Antonio — announced in March they’d landed a major tenant for the new building.

(Rendering courtesy of Patrinely Group) Developers broke ground Tuesday on Phase I of 650 Main, a 10-story office and retail development located at the corner of Main Street and 600 South in downtown Salt Lake City.

June 9, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPlanner View Post
The Patrinely Group should have a permit in the next two weeks for Phase 1 of their 650 Main project. They already have significant tenants ready to occupy the space as well.
March 11, 2020 - Enerbank Inks First Deal With 650 South Main

EnerBank USA is the first tenant to sign for space at 650 Main, a planned 10-story, 326,000-square-foot, Class A office building in downtown Salt Lake City. The bank will occupy 88,900 square feet on the top three floors, starting in early 2022.

Patrinely Group’s Dennis Tarro, along with Aaron Jones, Todd McLachlan and Roman Bernardoof with NKF represented the landlord, a partnership between Patrinely Group and USAA Real Estate. “This location will provide employees more convenient access to public transportation, while offering them excellent amenities and a productive working environment to give our customers the best service possible,” said EnerBank’s Charlie Knadler.

Construction on 650 Main will begin in spring. The property will be designed for LEED Gold certification, with floor plate sizes ranging from 40,000 square feet on the lower floors, to 29,500 square feet on the upper floors. HOK is the designer.

650 South Main

For companies focused on being truly competitive in today’s economy, workspaces have evolved to meet the demands of how the best and brightest collaborate in the workplace. 650 Main, a 10-story, 320,000-square-foot class A office building, is designed to meet these needs, providing dynamic workspaces that can benefit employee recruitment, foster innovation, and support healthy lifestyles. Building features start with oversized light-filled floorplates, tall ceiling heights, comprehensive onsite amenities, and outdoor tenant spaces. But they go on to include uniquely convenient accessibility, ample parking, onsite restaurants, and a location steps away from TRAX Salt Lake City’s light rail system. All this in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, a city consistently recognized as one of the best in the nation for healthy lifestyles and quality of life. The result is a modern workplace that is connected to it all. 650 Main – a modern office building designed for how the next generation will work.

650 Main offers a desirable downtown location, with numerous hotels, dining, and entertainment spots nearby. Accessibility need not be sacrificed, with a three-minute drive to/from Interstate 80, a 10-minute drive to the airport, and direct accessibility to the TRAX light rail system right outside the front door. Whether it is the morning commute, a business lunch, or an evening workout, 650 Main’s location provides a world of convenient options for employees and visitors.

Rendering of the Patrinely Group Office Project looking from 600 South and Main Street. Image courtesy Salt Lake City planning documents.

July 28th

Photos By RC14

September 10th

This used to be a parking lot. 650 S Main site. Photo by Luke Garrott.

650 S Main site, center. 6th and Main, right center. Photo by Luke Garrott.

650 S Main and 6th and Main, bottom, Downtown, center. Photo by Luke Garrott.

Photos By Luke Garrott Of - https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...uction-update/

October 30th

Photos By ThePalmerHouse

Last edited by delts145; Nov 15, 2020 at 1:14 PM.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2020, 8:48 AM

Downtown Update - Paperbox Project - Photo Updates at the Construction Site

Quote:
...And the Paperbox demo is complete...

Luke Garrott Reports - Full Article @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/uta...oject-details/

Dust is newly stirring up on the block directly south of the Arena in West Downtown. The PaperBox Lofts, a project of Clearwater Homes and PEG Development, is clearing its inner block-long site
for construction. The developers are in final arrangements with the city for building permits, and expect construction to take 18-22 months...

Utah Paperbox site seen from the air at 400 West. Image by Luke Garrott.

It looks like the block is set to become even more dense. Clearwater hopes to submit designs for an 85 foot,
140 unit residential project to the city soon enough for a late 2019 construction start.

Massing rendering showing a future residential project fronting 200 South on the current parking lot between Westgate Lofts and the Dakota building. Image courtesy VCBO and SLC RDA.

[IMG][/IMG]
https://www.sltrib.com/resizer/G6W0g...4GC52EYRT4.png

Quote:

Regarding the Paperbox Project:

Salt Lake City’s newest project, the Paper Box Lofts, will include 195 apartments and an ‘automobile vending machine’

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/03/...-citys-newest/
Developers began Tuesday to convert an old mid-block industrial site in downtown Salt Lake City into a project known as Paper Box Lofts, which will have three residential high rises, retail spaces, a visually
striking open plaza and a unique automated parking system.

Officials with Utah-based ClearWater Homes and PEG Development broke ground on the 1.99-acre property at about 340 West 200 South, just south of the Utah Jazz’s Vivint Smart Home Arena. When done,
the project will include 195 apartments.

Under an agreement with the city’s Redevelopment Agency, which has helped subsidize the project, developers will keep 36 apartments affordable to residents making 60 percent of the area median income.

Sixty percent of the area median income would be $31,700 in annual earnings for an individual, $36,200 for a household of two people and $40,700 for a household of three, according to data from Salt Lake City.

With its affordable housing, new parking, green space and midblock pedestrian walkways, Mayor Jackie Biskupski said Paper Box Lofts “will benefit our whole community.”

The project is also expected to extend the city’s downtown core further westward and improve pedestrian access from the traditional downtown to The Gateway. Salt Lake City-based ClearWater and PEG,
based in Provo, said the first residences of Paper Box Lofts are expected to be completed by spring of 2021.

Officials with ClearWater and PEG praised the help provided by city officials and the RDA in overcoming challenges with the property’s long, rectangular shape in designing what ClearWater CEO Micah Peters called
“a multifamily project we haven’t seen in this city before.”

Downtown’s latest housing project draws its name from Utah PaperBox, a privately owned packaging company founded in 1914 that occupied the site until it relocated in 2013 to new headquarters
at 920 South 700 West.

The PaperBox property, which is adjacent to a light-rail station, runs the east-west length of that block and has frontage on both 300 West and 400 West, giving it the equivalent of “two front yards,”
according to city documents.

One of those, the development’s east frontage on 300 West, will feature an open plaza with prominently displayed public art, serving “as a type of ‘calling card’ or ‘stamp’ for the entire project by providing
an engaging and colorful mural” painted on the side of its main parking structure, city documents say.

ClearWater and PEG have contracted with VCBO Architecture in Salt Lake City for design of the PaperBox project. Rimrock Construction is the builder.

The project is a leap forward for the Depot District, a westside area spanning Salt Lake Central Station and land west of The Gateway and designated by the city as blighted and in need of redevelopment.

ClearWater and PEG say the Paper Box Lofts’ first building, on 300 West, will have 95 residential units, and the second, on 400 West, will have 85 units. The third, smaller structure will have four residences.

Nearly half those will be one bedrooms, with the rest studio and two-bedroom apartments. Up to 14 units in the larger buildings will provide both working and living space, known as live-work or flex apartments.

Paper Box Lofts will also boast roughly 146 parking stalls, with about 96 of stalls those built into a large, multi-level parking structure designed to automatically stack and retrieve cars dropped off by their drivers.

Peters likened the system to “an automobile vending machine” that will essentially stack cars seven levels high. This is thought to be the first time such an automated parking system, made by an Oakland
company called CityLift, has been deployed in Salt Lake City.

Councilwoman Amy Folwer, who is also chair of the RDA board, called the new system “incredibly exciting” and said it could help the city meet a range of parking needs downtown.

ClearWater Homes has built several recent projects in the downtown area near the PaperBox site, including Broadway Lofts, just north of Pioneer Park, and Paragon Station, a 38-unit luxury condominium project
just south of the Utah PaperBox site.

PEG Development is owner and developer of two new hotels, Hyatt House and Marriott Courtyard, north of the PaperBox parcel, as well as the Milagro Apartments, at the southwest corner of 200 West and
200 South.

https://i1.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...plan.png?ssl=1

The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public document

Interior Of Block Perspectives

Rendering of the interior courtyard in the PaperBox Lofts. The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public document

Rendering of the interior courtyard in the PaperBox Lofts. The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public documents

Rendering of the PaperBox Lofts as would be seen looking east from 300 West. The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public documents.

Rendering of the PaperBox Lofts as would be seen looking east from 300 West. The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public documents.

January Update - Pics By Scott Harding

April 11th

Pics By SLCPolitico

July 29th

Photos By Scott Harding

August 28th

Photo By Atlas

October 30th

From 300 West

From 400 West:

From 300 South:

Photos By ThePalmerHouse

Last edited by delts145; Nov 24, 2020 at 1:36 PM.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2020, 12:56 PM

Downtown Update - The Olive 120

Taylor Anderson Reports, Full Article @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/dow...-in-the-depot/ Downtown’s housing boom continues, as C.W. Urban recently began construction on its next housing project: a six-story, 120-unit for-sale condo building on Broadway, just north of Pioneer Park.

C.W. Urban recently broke ground on the building, named The Olive in the Centerville-based company’s now-familiar naming mechanism. The company continues rapidly building mid-density, multi-family buildings across Salt Lake City.

The Olive will complete the corridor of mixed-use buildings moving toward the historic Rio Grande Depot, an area that is likely to see a development boom in the coming years. The Olive will add more ground-floor retail to the northwest corner of Pioneer Park.

Construction on The Olive has already replaced the office space that once housed the digital agency Underbelly, which moved north of Pioneer Park. The D-3, Downtown warehouse zoning calls for either the adaptive reuse or replacement of warehouse space with mixed-use, multi-family spaces.

“Some notable features about the building are a podium level outdoor garden area, rooftop urban lounge, ground floor commercial, high-end designer finishes and a City Lyft Parking Solutions system,” said Abbie Wardle, the company’s senior marketing coordinator.

C.W. Urban is underway on 400 townhomes and podium-stye condos and apartments in neighborhoods across the region.

The Olive will be the company’s first for-sale project Downtown, with studios through penthouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post

So, I'm guessing it is this building that will be replaced? Project looks good and I bet the views of the park from the top floor will be amazing. Really excited about this, especially because that area has really been progressing lately.

https://i.imgur.com/rpsxqOX.jpg

April 26th

Excavation work proceeds on The Olive 120 condos at 400 S and 400 W just north of Pioneer Park.

Photo By StayingInformed

July 29th

Photos By Scott Harding

August 15th

Photos By Stayinginformed

October 30th

Last edited by delts145; Jan 8, 2021 at 11:14 PM.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2020, 1:03 PM

Downtown Update - The '6th and Main' Project

Quote:
6th & Main - Starting construction today:
Quote:
... Another nice project from the people behind Dixon Place, Sugar Alley, and the Post House Apartments. Glad to hear that they're starting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
Here is an image of the 6th & Main site taken today.
Development is replacing a single-story events center and former cell phone store

Pic By RC14

6th & Main is a mixed-use development sitting at the gateway intersection of 600 South and Main Street in downtown Salt Lake City. It consists of 175 units and 10,100 sf of retail within an 8-story type III over type I structure.
Residential amenities include a street level lounge, co-working business center, fitness center, pool, spa, and an indoor/outdoor roof terrace with sweeping views of Downtown Salt Lake City and beyond.

MVE Architects - https://www.mve-architects.com/wp-co..._6th-Main3.jpg

July 28th

Photo By RC14

September 10th

Same aerials as previous post of the Patrinely Project. The 6th and Main Project pictured to the right of Patrinely.

650 S Main and 6th and Main, bottom, Downtown, center. Photo by Luke Garrott.

Photos By Luke Garrott Of - https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...uction-update/

October 30th

Photo By ThePalmerHouse

Last edited by delts145; Jan 1, 2021 at 11:36 PM.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2020, 8:34 AM

Downtown Update - Edison House Social Club

Edison House is a social club, reimagined for those looking to elevate their lifestyle. Members enjoy full access to our brand new clubhouse, unique experiences & events, and a community of Salt Lake’s finest.

From your morning coffee to your afternoon workout to your evening nightcap, our 35,000 square foot clubhouse is your lifestyle hub and home away from home. And it’s being built downtown as we speak. Explore our vision below

FIRST FLOOR:
01 / Contemporary Restaurant & Bar
02 / Private Dining
03 / The Lounge
04 / Health Kiosk & Unlimited Drip Coffee
05 / Fitness Center & Locker Rooms

SECOND FLOOR:
06 / Speakeasy Bar & Performance Venue
07 / Korean Karaoke
08 / Tap Room & Sports Lounge
09 / The Billiards Parlor

THIRD FLOOR:
10 / Sky Lounge & Outdoor Theatre
11 / Open Air Pool Deck & Terrace
12 / Rooftop Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
^^^ Isn't there a "health and social club" type development planned just north of 16? I don't remember the name of it, but I know I've seen renderings for it on this site.

Quote:
Yes, you're right. Always nice to replace an empty lot with something interesting.

Quote:
New renderings for Edison House social club:

NEW RENDERINGS

https://edisonhouseslc.com/clubhouse/#u-page-amenities

Contemporary Restaurant & Bar
Relax and unwind in our primary restaurant and bar where our constantly changing tasting menu pushes the boundaries of Salt Lake City's food scene.

Private Dining
Dinner parties are a lot more fun when you don't have to cook.

The Lounge
For when you need to send a few emails but don't want to wander too far from the action.

Fitness Center & Locker Rooms
Cardio before you party-o, just don't forget to shower.

Speakeasy Bar & Performance Venue
Enjoy a martini and some Davis-era jazz in the next room... if you can find it...

Piano Parlor
You've never done karaoke like this before (unless you've been to Korea)

Tap Room & Sports Lounge
Watering hole big enough for trivia night, bocce ball, darts, or whatever else you can do with 60 of your newest friends

The Billiards Parlor
No pool sharks, please.

The Ballroom
We can think of worse ways to spend a Sunday than at brunch in the Sky Lounge.

Sky Lounge & Outdoor Theatre
50% hangout, 50% rooftop movie theatre. 100% awesome.

Open Air Pool Deck & Terrace
If you don't like rooftop pools please see a doctor. Otherwise, grab a towel.

Rooftop Bar

Last edited by delts145; May 21, 2021 at 12:55 PM.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2020, 12:12 AM

Downtown Northwest - The Marmalade District Project

Rendering of the southwest corner of the Marmalade mixed-use project. Image courtesy Salt Lake City planning documents.

Part of the recently completed first phase, The Marmalade Library

Quote:

The large Marmalade housing project had its official ground breaking today:

https://www.abc4.com/news/salt-lake-...block-project/
Downtown Northwest - Salt Lake City breaks ground on ‘Marmalade Block’ project

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – A ceremonial groundbreaking was held Wednesday evening for a new mixed-use development project in the West Capitol Hill neighborhood. Members of the Salt Lake City Council were on-hand for the
Harvest at Marmalade presentation. The new development will comprise of three mixed-used building with 252 apartments, 12 office units and 2,400 square feet of commercial space. Harvest is the third piece of the four-part Marmalade
Block Development. The first, the Marmalade Branch of the Salt Lake City Public Library was completed in 2016, and the second, the Grove at Marmalade Townhomes completed in fall 2018.

“The library which was built about three years ago has really provided kind of a central hub for the community to gather around. And we feel like the addition of this project is really just going to complete that focus and really have a
transformational effect on the Marmalade Community,” said Micah Peters, CEO of Clearwater Homes.

The fourth component, an inner-block public plaza featuring green space and public art, will be constructed following Harvest’s completion.

Rendering of the northwest corner of the Marmalade mixed-use project. Image courtesy Salt Lake City planning documents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Dave View Post
On the development front the Marmalade project is coming along nicely and you can already get a sense of the life that project will bring to that area...

Photo Update By Scott Harding - November 2019

Photo Update By Scott Harding - January 2020

Photo Update, April 15th - April 26th, 2020

https://i2.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...78%2C381&ssl=1

Harvest at Marmalade by ClearWater Homes, a 264-unit rental mixed-use project with 4400 sf of ground floor retail space, here from 300 West looking east. City Library branch, bottom right.

Photo Update by Luke Garrott of BuildingSaltLake.com

Harvest at Marmalade fronts 300 West, with a small grocery planned for the northwest corner and a restaurant on the southwest corner also on 300 West.

Photo Update by Luke Garrott of BuildingSaltLake.com

Project just north of Marmalade Library

Photo Update by StayingInformed

Project just north of Marmalade Library 600 N side is above the fence line now.

Photo Update by StayingInformed

September 2

Construction Site Update - Kier Construction - https://www.kier.org/our-work/multi-...-at-marmalade/

Last edited by delts145; Nov 7, 2020 at 12:30 AM.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2020, 2:19 PM

Downtown Update - The Quattro, Newly Completed - Interior Photos Below

Another underutilized corner of Salt Lake City’s 400 South Corridor is undergoing a drastic change. ...A one-story former Rent-a-Center and Papa Johns buildings were demolished to make way for the Quattro, a seven-story, 95-unit mixed-use development at the northeast corner of the 400 East and 400 South intersection.

...The project is by developers, Wadsworth Development Group and dbUrban Communities and was designed by IBI Group.

The Quattro consists of a two-story concrete podium below five wood-framed floors. The project will have a mix of studio, one, two and three bedroom apartments the majority of which will be one and two-bedroom units.

The ground floor will house 2,355 square-feet of retail space, a sales office, lobby, mail room, storage area for bicycles and structured parking. The apartment and parking entrances will front 400 East, while the retail portion will front 400 South.

Floors two to seven will house the residential units and residential amenities that will include two fitness areas, two hot tubs, a fire pit, lockable storage units and a clubroom. The project will also include two amenity decks, one at the third level that will overlook 400 East and one on the seventh floor that will overlook both 400 South and 400 East. The seventh-floor deck will be partially covered and will include the hot tubs, fire pit and seating area.

The developers also plan to convert a small, one-story building directly east of the site of the new construction building into a Starbucks. The building previously housed a Subway Restaurant. The Starbucks will include a drive-thru and 17 surface-parking stalls...

Rendering of the Quattro as designed by IBI Group. Photo courtesy Salt Lake City public documents.

October Construction Update Photos By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com

The Quattro, by Wadsworth/dbUrban, from the southeast, at 400 South and 400 East.

The Quattro from the west.

400 South and 400 East, from the southwest. Buildings from left to right: Block 44, The Quattro, Encore Apartments, Emigration Court, and The Essex. MODA Bonnevile, near 300 South, center-left.

Pic By Atlas

June 29th - Pics By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com

Interiors & Amenities - https://www.livequattro.com/Gallery....waAjXgEALw_wcB

Last edited by delts145; Nov 7, 2020 at 2:50 PM.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2020, 4:57 AM

Downtown Update - Violin Commons Project - The Magnolia

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhero View Post
I see that today there was a building permit application submitted for The Magnolia, one of the buildings planned for the Violin School Commons development at 300 E 200 S (Northwest Pipeline project).
Quote:
Just another update on this. Another building permit has been submitted for this project, this time for the Liberty Uptown building...

Copy provided by Isaac Riddle @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/com...y-development/ - More needed affordable housing will soon be underway. ...The Salt Lake City Planning Commission unanimously approved with conditions a Planned Development and Preliminary Subdivision request by development partners Cowboy Partners and Form Development for their proposed Violin School Commons project.

The 248 residential unit, mixed-use project will consist of three buildings, two new construction and one adaptive reuse on 2.5 acres at the northeast corner of the 300 East and 200 South intersections. The project will be mixed-income with 111 affordable units and 137 market rate units.

“We love this neighborhood, we love this place,” said Chris Zarek, a partner at Form Development. “We thought that could certainly use a center and an anchor with open space.”

The three buildings, referred to as the Magnolia, Metropolitan and Liberty Uptown buildings, will be separated by a private street and a public plaza. While the most visually distinctive feature of the site is arguably the Northwest Pipeline Building, an eight-story midcentury modern midrise tower that was previously the city’s former Public Safety Building, the developers view the proposed Violin School Commons public plaza that will front 200 South as the project’s true centerpiece. The plaza and project are named after the Violin School across the street on 200 South.

“We turned to the violin school to borrow more of its soul and character,” said Zarek.

The plaza will separate the Metropolitan (formerly the Northwest Pipeline Building) and the Liberty Uptown Building. The Liberty Uptown will be five stories with a north and south wing that wrap around a parking structure. The south portion of the building will 200 South with four floors of residential above ground floor retail. The south portion will open out to the plaza on 200 South. The north portion will front the private street and will open out to a small courtyard. The Liberty Uptown will have 109 residential units that will be a mix of market-rate and affordable housing units.

The Metropolitan will be eight stories with ground floor restaurant space. The Metropolitan will include 74 market-rate residential units.

“The Northwest Pipeline Building was our initial attraction to this project, we love that building and we can’t wait to get our hands on it and rehab it,” said Zarek...

Downtown Update - Salt Lake City homelessness leaders break ground on 65-unit housing complex

Effort focuses on transition out of shelters

By Katie McKellar for the Deseret News - https://www.deseret.com/utah/2019/12...ortive-housing

SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City is about to get 65 more units to help house some of the most vulnerable among the homeless. Leaders broke ground on The Magnolia, a permanent supportive housing facility to serve up to 65 single men and women with on-site services to help them transition out of shelter and into housing...“We will soon have 65 units available for those most in need,” said Salt Lake City Mayor Jackie Biskupski. “What is truly special is that these units, these spaces of opportunity, will not be on the margins of our city, but right here in the heart of our city, amongst a mixed income development, demonstrating that Salt Lake City is truly a place for everyone.”,,,“For the past four years, Salt Lake City housing experts have worked tirelessly to address the affordable housing crisis that we are facing, never losing sight of the idea that every unit we bring online represents a life that will forever be changed,” Biskupski said, crediting her staff with helping build over 2,500 affordable housing units during her administration.

Former Salt Lake City Mayor Jackie Biskupski speaks at the groundbreaking for The Magnolia, a new 65-unit permanent supportive housing complex for people who have experienced
homelessness, in Salt Lake City on Monday, Dec. 30, 2019. The facility, owned by Shelter the Homeless and operated by the Road Home, will serve single men and women. Scott G Winterton, Deseret News

The Magnolia — developed by Cowboy Partners, owned by Shelter the Homeless and operated by the Road Home — will be the Road Home’s newest addition to its housing program, which currently includes 201 units at Palmer Court, 32 units at the Wendell Apartments, and hundreds of other stand-alone supportive housing units and single-family dwellings throughout Salt Lake County.

The Magnolia was made possible through a variety of deals and funding sources, including a $1.5 million Salt Lake City Housing Trust Fund loan, a $12-a-year land lease from Salt Lake City, over $10.5 million in tax credit equity, $2 million from the Olene Walker Housing Loan Fund, and $1.3 million from Zions Bank in short-term financing...

...What we know is that we need The Magnolia, and we need an even greater array of types of deeply affordable and supportive housing in order to see the success that we have to have in our newly launched homeless services system,” Flynn said.

The “overarching vision” of the new system and the new homeless resource centers is to ensure homelessness is “rare, brief and nonrecurring,” Flynn said, calling for continued commitment from state, local and federal leaders to invest in “all kinds of supportive housing,” including types that haven’t even been thought of yet.

“The Magnolia will help our community achieve these goals by providing refuge and relief to the men and women who have experienced long and chronic homelessness,” Flynn said. “Individuals who have been through incredible trauma in their lives, who are living with a disabling condition and are seeking housing with support they can access on-site.”...

April 15th -
On the north side of the old public safety/Northwest Pipeline building(awaiting rehab), The Magnolia 65-unit permanent supportive housing building
is starting to rise as part of the Violin Commons mixed-use, mixed-income project by Cowboy Partners. Photo by Luke Garrott of BuildingSaltLake.com

Pic By Luke Garrott

October 30th -

As seen from 300 East

Photo By ThePalmerHouse

Last edited by delts145; Nov 9, 2020 at 10:47 AM.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 10:37 AM

Downtown Update - Violin Commons Project - The Liberty Uptown Project

Quote:
Just another update on this. Another building permit has been submitted for the Violin Commons Project, this time for the Liberty Uptown building...

Copy provided by Isaac Riddle @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/com...y-development/ - More needed affordable housing will soon be underway. ...The Salt Lake City Planning Commission unanimously approved with conditions a Planned Development and Preliminary Subdivision request by development partners Cowboy Partners and Form Development for their proposed Violin School Commons project.

The 248 residential unit, mixed-use project will consist of three buildings, two new construction and one adaptive reuse on 2.5 acres at the northeast corner of the 300 East and 200 South intersections. The project will be mixed-income with 111 affordable units and 137 market rate units.

“We love this neighborhood, we love this place,” said Chris Zarek, a partner at Form Development. “We thought that could certainly use a center and an anchor with open space.”

The three buildings, referred to as the Magnolia, Metropolitan and Liberty Uptown buildings, will be separated by a private street and a public plaza. While the most visually distinctive feature of the site is arguably the Northwest Pipeline Building, an eight-story midcentury modern midrise tower that was previously the city’s former Public Safety Building, the developers view the proposed Violin School Commons public plaza that will front 200 South as the project’s true centerpiece. The plaza and project are named after the Violin School across the street on 200 South.

“We turned to the violin school to borrow more of its soul and character,” said Zarek.

The plaza will separate the Metropolitan (formerly the Northwest Pipeline Building) and the Liberty Uptown Building. The Liberty Uptown will be five stories with a north and south wing that wrap around a parking structure. The south portion of the building will be 200 South with four floors of residential above ground floor retail. The south portion will open out to the plaza on 200 South. The north portion will front the private street and will open out to a small courtyard. The Liberty Uptown will have 109 residential units that will be a mix of market-rate and affordable housing units.

The Metropolitan will be eight stories with ground floor restaurant space. The Metropolitan will include 74 market-rate residential units.

“The Northwest Pipeline Building was our initial attraction to this project, we love that building and we can’t wait to get our hands on it and rehab it,” said Zarek...

October 30th

As seen from 200 South

Photo By ThePalmerHouse

Last edited by delts145; Nov 9, 2020 at 10:59 AM.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 11:12 AM

Parting Shot

Southern most tip of the Metro Wasatch Front, where urban ends and agriculture begins. Given not too many years from now this will become suburban and new agriculture will be created further south.

http://www.wasatch.org/blog/wp-conte.../Elk-Ridge.jpg

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations