HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 5:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve8263 View Post

The key takeaway from that article is this line-

Mr. Dezzutti believes he’ll have little trouble renting out the 780 residential units planned for the high-rise at 755 South Figueroa Street, where construction is set to commence in the second quarter.

A second quarter start for this tower would be insane, anyone know if they have all approvals in place?

http://www.marmol-radziner.com/945-w-8th-street/#

Nothing wrong with this proposed tower--I rather like the look and horizontal lines of the floors and retro mid 20th century modern design. Reminds me of a much taller Seagrams Building. Doesn't detract from the Pelli at all in my op. I like the plaza between the two towers. Presumably the two will do some design coordination since the plaza appears to be shared. Does the building have financing yet?

For the umpteenth time, I will be in bliss if some developer FINALLY builds a nice tall neo Art Deco (or even gothic revival) somewhere in downtown before this cycle ends, perhaps on Broadway where it would fit in. A 50 story Eastern Columbia or Richfield-like building. What L.A. might have had decades ago without the 150' height limit. Paging all developers....

Great to read the Grand Avenue project will finally start pouring concrete for the foundation June 28 (see project page). Should actually see some floors rising in a few months. What is the time estimate for completion of the project? Any updates on the Onni tower project at Times Mirror Square? Photo/verbal updates of DTLA projects appreciated! Born & raised in LA area, but now live 100+ miles away & don't get up there as much as I used to but am still an Angelino at heart.

Last edited by CaliNative; Jun 28, 2019 at 6:34 AM.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 6:09 AM

delete

Last edited by CaliNative; Jun 28, 2019 at 6:23 AM.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 6:18 PM

Can we please get some pics of the projects under construction? It will be refreshing to see how they’re coming along. How’s 888 Olive? Is it complete? What about 5th and Olive?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 9:26 PM
Inveterate Angeleno

Sorry (but not really), but I find arguments such as being shielded from street noise and new towers blocking views of older towers to be not unlike values and sentiments shared by the anti-urban/NIMBY crowd. Do we want LA to become more urban and have a bigger skyline? You can't have it both ways.

— Jerome Bruner

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
Sorry (but not really), but I find arguments such as being shielded from street noise and new towers blocking views of older towers to be not unlike values and sentiments shared by the anti-urban/NIMBY crowd. Do we want LA to become more urban and have a bigger skyline? You can't have it both ways.
Ya exactly. New buildings, and i think this brookstone one is a very good looking building, create new views and better street life. Its gonna add a great building to the skyline and bring in an additional 1000 people who will live in downtown and add to its vibrancy.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I'm definitely not arguing against Brookfield being allowed to put up their tower because of its impact on the Pelli building. I'm just a fan of the Pelli building and lamenting the loss of it from the western skyline view. That's the price of progress. I'll still be able to enjoy the Pelli building from street level.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
Ya exactly. New buildings, and i think this brookstone one is a very good looking building, create new views and better street life. Its gonna add a great building to the skyline and bring in an additional 1000 people who will live in downtown and add to its vibrancy.
I think Brookfield's building is going to come down to material quality (as most towers do). If Brookfield uses quality materials, it should be a very attractive building. Otherwise, it will just be another anonymous tower. Definitely a plus for street level activity no matter what.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 6:34 AM

Anyone get pictures of the cement pour at The Grand? Still disappointed they don't have a webcam

Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 7:34 AM
Inveterate Angeleno

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
I'm definitely not arguing against Brookfield being allowed to put up their tower because of its impact on the Pelli building. I'm just a fan of the Pelli building and lamenting the loss of it from the western skyline view. That's the price of progress. I'll still be able to enjoy the Pelli building from street level.
To each his own. I personally don't think 777 Figueroa, as magnificent as it is, commands that sort of respect. If someone were to propose, say, a supertall that would block the view of the Empire State Building from the Top of the Rock, I'd be against that. But that's at the most extreme end of the spectrum.

— Jerome Bruner

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 4:20 AM

Quote:
To each his own. I personally don't think 777 Figueroa, as magnificent as it is, commands that sort of respect. If someone were to propose, say, a supertall that would block the view of the Empire State Building from the Top of the Rock, I'd be against that. But that's at the most extreme end of the spectrum.
Does Brookfield have a project page yet? Can't find it.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 4:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighomey3000 View Post
Anyone get pictures of the cement pour at The Grand? Still disappointed they don't have a webcam
Concrete pour shown on project page for Grand.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 6:28 AM

And lets kick it up a notch or two-

More info here-

https://archinect.com/news/article/1...-concrete-pour

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 7:01 AM

It appears I have some free time on my hands, anyone care to chime in on the link below projects #'s 1 and 3 titled "Mixed use confidential client" 3 million and 2 million square feet respectively-

https://www.interiordesign.net/power...on-the-boards/

Both list SOM as architect and developer is "confidential"

It's possible Olympia is #3 (it's actually the 4th one listed) but their website says sq footage is only 1.8 mil and the developer isn't exactly confidential.

http://www.som.com/projects/olympia

Thoughts?

Old Posted Jul 7, 2019, 1:33 AM

Quote:
It appears I have some free time on my hands, anyone care to chime in on the link below projects #'s 1 and 3 titled "Mixed use confidential client" 3 million and 2 million square feet respectively-
I do too....but, sorry, your guess is as good as mine.

meanwhile, I feel so old....I could have sworn a vid I recall seeing after a previously almost brand new hotel in dtla went through its first shaker was way more recently than over 9 yrs ago. 2010?! are you kidding me? It seemed like no longer ago than 2014....

Video Link

Video Link

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 12:57 AM

Perla looking good

Last edited by Jun; Jul 8, 2019 at 4:01 AM.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 2:19 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ Nice shot. Perla has to be getting close to topping out. One, maybe two floors left.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:

And lets kick it up a notch or two-

More info here-

https://archinect.com/news/article/1...-concrete-pour

Damn. That was some fine concrete pourN right there

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 8:50 PM
Inveterate Angeleno

More of this, please! Replacing a parking lot at 1218-1232 Ingraham in City West.

https://urbanize.la/post/la-county-s...g-developments

— Jerome Bruner

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 4:32 AM

What happened to the L.A. Metro thread? It seems to have vanished.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 3:45 PM
Paramoderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo Blue View Post
What happened to the L.A. Metro thread? It seems to have vanished.
it's literally just down the city compilations page

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations