HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfBC View Post
Danny would probably try to talk the city into building a stadium.

Ron.
If Danny wants it he will just sook and baul until he gets his own way. I think he did enough damage to our province with Muskrat Falls. Let's not forget, he was the man who set up the deal and then ran away! Why do people not remember this! We should be running this man out of our province! I was once one of his biggest supporters; boy was I let down. I used to think whatever he touched turned to gold, now I think the opposite. I would love to see a baseball team here, but I will not support anything that Danny Williams is attached to.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2020, 4:21 AM

CRAZY News Out of Bell Island!

Strap in bys, this is a HUGE rumour I heard from a buddy that works at the Home Hardware on Bell Island. He just spilled the beans to me that his store got a call from a construction company with ties to Danny Williams asking them about their current stock of supplies and inquiring about a large purchase order to build a DISNEY THEME PARK ON BELL ISLAND! Absolutely unbelievable news I know, but makes sense when you think about it...lots of Disney parks are located on an island with a ferry system. Disney must be planning on making a smaller location and their first in Canada to be Newfoundland and/or Canadian themed. If this ends up being true, I cannot wait to bring the kids over and have a time over on Bell Island in the provinces very first permanent theme park!

Old Posted Apr 12, 2020, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbutler1977 View Post
Strap in bys, this is a HUGE rumour I heard from a buddy that works at the Home Hardware on Bell Island. He just spilled the beans to me that his store got a call from a construction company with ties to Danny Williams asking them about their current stock of supplies and inquiring about a large purchase order to build a DISNEY THEME PARK ON BELL ISLAND! Absolutely unbelievable news I know, but makes sense when you think about it...lots of Disney parks are located on an island with a ferry system. Disney must be planning on making a smaller location and their first in Canada to be Newfoundland and/or Canadian themed. If this ends up being true, I cannot wait to bring the kids over and have a time over on Bell Island in the provinces very first permanent theme park!
Uhhh no.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2020, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbutler1977 View Post

Old Posted Apr 12, 2020, 6:03 PM

So Ryanbutler1977 is a parody account, got it.

10/10.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2020, 12:05 AM

I tried to post an eye roll but it didn’t work.

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 2:22 AM
BANNED

CBS racetrack

My buddy’s and I have been hearing a lot of chit chat around cbs holyrood area that the town is looking into constructing a raceway similar in size to the one in Avondale A big change though as I’ve heard that the centre on the track where all pit lanes normally are will be filled with mud for Zamboni demolition derby’s from every hockey arena around the Avalon With tournaments one or twice a year not only that but the winner will take home a 20 thousand dollar grand prize for rink developments. They are still chatting about who will sponsor these events but I’m sure they won’t have to look far. No buddy the puffin birthday zamboni rides like you’d see down to the growlers game here bhys HAHA!

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 5:11 PM

Not sure if this is the place for this but does anyone know what the development is going on the grounds for Chancellor Park across from the Dairy Queen on Portugal Cove Road. The place is now dug up and a sizeable foundation seems ready to be poured.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2020, 12:42 AM

It's an extension onto Chancellor Park. The only mention of it on the City's webpage was an approval to set the building line to 5.3 Metres of Portugal Cove Road, so that would be a large new side.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2022, 1:15 PM

Another step in getting this new development started, City Council is moving it to a Land Use
assessment. The proposed development includes an apartment building, townhouses, a gas station and other commercial opportunities near the Cowan Heights and Team Gushue Highway interchange.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 2:20 PM

That's basically part of that Kenmount Hill concept plan from a few years ago isn't it?

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgrowth View Post
That's basically part of that Kenmount Hill concept plan from a few years ago isn't it?
Yes, I believe so. The dashed part at the top is above 190 metres so the City
won't allow it for now. City staff seem to be a bit hard-nosed with this one, saying
the developer has to do all the infrastructure for the area - sewer, water, road
upgrades, etc.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomasd View Post
Another step in getting this new development started, City Council is moving it to a Land Use
assessment. The proposed development includes an apartment building, townhouses, a gas station and other commercial opportunities near the Cowan Heights and Team Gushue Highway interchange.

Little off topic:
ive always wonder and nobody has ever been able to tell me. what are those domes?

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malreynolds View Post
Little off topic:
ive always wonder and nobody has ever been able to tell me. what are those domes?
Water reservoirs.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 5:35 PM

Yes, water tanks. They hold a million gallons of water I'm told. The pump station on Blackmarsh rd
at the roundabout was upgraded several years ago and it pumps water up to those tanks and this
provides water pressure for the upper Kenmount Rd areas. There's a lovely bike track in that area
above Georges Pond that goes west to the top of Wyatt Blvd. Mt. Pearl also has a large cylindrical
water tower above the 1st Baptist church off Wyatt Blvd.
As you go up Farrell Dr where the road turns at the power line is where the train once rode.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 11:51 AM

Kent Store-Bay Roberts

I see they have signs up for new Kent Store at LT Stick Drive & Veterans Highway in Bay Roberts

Old Posted Oct 5, 2022, 8:28 PM

Rumour of Bally Haly re-development

AllNewfoundlandLabrador's Emily Deming reporting rumour that Bally Haly and Clovelley are discussing merging the two golf clubs. The owners of Clovelley would exit the golf business and acquire the Bally Haly land holdings for development.

Curiously, the current Bally Haly president stated:

Quote:
We're starting to hit more balls further. Balls are going into people's property and it's a real dangreous probability of injuring children or a neighbor.
Original article (paywall): https://www.allnewfoundlandlabrador....ate=2022-09-29

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 6:22 PM

Architecture Student Proposes New Look for St. John’s Harbour

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's