HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 11:22 PM

New Slax maybe be correct, the Lakeside plaza has been there since 2008 ...

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 12:05 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
New Slax maybe be correct, the Lakeside plaza has been there since 2008 ...
Really? The sign was right at the front of the cleared lot and the foundation looked "L" shaped, just like the rendering on the sign.

I don't live in Riverview and don't frequent that side of the town so I really don't know. Time will tell I guess......

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 9:50 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

OK - Now I'm really confused......

I swear when I drove by this lot the other day that there was a sign showing a proposed strip mall slated to be built on the site.

I drove by again today and that sign was gone, replaced by a new sign in the very same location advertising this:

So, New Slax is indeed correct on this. I don't think I hallucinated the other sign (or at least I hope not or else all my recent diagnoses at work have instantly become suspect),

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 9:54 PM

No your were correct, that sign was there the other day! So don't worry!

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
So, New Slax is indeed correct on this. I don't think I hallucinated the other sign (or at least I hope not or else all my recent diagnoses at work have instantly become suspect),
The old Lakeside Plaza sign was there this morning ~9AM. And when I say "old" I mean it has been there for years.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2013, 12:14 PM

Shows you how old that sign was

I see the new sign's up. 90 unit multi

Old Posted Apr 19, 2013, 12:51 PM

Thanks for the info...that's a big building...nice in-fill though for a spot that has been empty for a long time!

Old Posted Apr 24, 2013, 1:22 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is the latest version of the Development Master Plan for the Town of Riverview:

Not much different than before, but I decided to post it anyway because this is a much crisper image than my previous post on page one, and includes the whole town.

In any event, it will be interesting to follow development in the east end of town over the next decade. The Mill Creek Park master plan was in the T&T today and I must admit that the municipal vision for the area is very impressive. Unfortunately, the rendering for the plan is not currently available on the town's website so I can't post it or provide a link.

The large green area to the southeast of Gunningsville Blvd is the proposed Mill Creek Park. It is 536 acres, which means that it will be larger than Centennial Park or Mapleton Park. The back end of the park will be kept in it's natural state with hiking trails and opportunities for water recreation (canoeing etc) on the Mill Creek dam headpond. The front end of the park could include tennis courts, a skate park etc. In this way, Mill Creek Park could be very similar to Centennial Park in Moncton. The red area at the corner of Gunningsville Blvd and (the proposed) Bridgedale Blvd is projected to be a new commercial node and the render in the newspaper included a new civic centre for the town in this area. The plan indicated that the town's operations centre could be relocated here as well.

It is clear that Riverview is planning on focussing future growth in the municipality to the east end of town. This only makes sense. The axis of the town had previously been around the causeway, but this links to the west end of Moncton and the Wheeler Blvd ring road. Now that the new Gunningsville Bridge is operational, downtown Moncton is only a five minute drive from Riverview. The Gunningsville Bridge is seeing heavy traffic. The axis of the town is thus migrating east, and will be focussed around the Gunningsville Bridge. This is an eminently sensible approach for future development.

Anyway, here is a crappy cellphone capture of the current vision for the Mill Creek/Gunningsville/Bridgedale area. As soon as a better one becomes available on the municipal website, I will post it.....

Last edited by MonctonRad; Apr 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2013, 12:11 AM
Random Contributor

Goji's announces the date for their third store at 525 Pinewood Rd. in Riverview

Open date is projected to be July, 2013

To be located beside Little Ceasars, in the strip mall across from Canadian Tire.

Much better parking and egress than the Power Center entry spot on Mountain Road.

Old Posted May 1, 2013, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Slax View Post
Shows you how old that sign was

I see the new sign's up. 90 unit multi
There is now a mini tower crane on site.

Old Posted May 4, 2013, 2:25 PM
Our Tide is Rising

It appears the former blockbuster on Coverdale has a new tenant. The for lease signs are off and the windows are papered...

Old Posted May 7, 2013, 10:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It would appear that work is beginning on the Pinewood extension to Gunningsville Blvd, which is the first phase of the "Fairways" subdivision development behind the Moncton G&CC. There is heavy machinery on site......

Old Posted May 16, 2013, 2:21 PM

They have started work on the set of lights at the corner of Hillsborough and Old Coach this week.

They have cones up and there and it's down to 2 lanes while they are doing some work on the opposite side of the street from Old Coach presumably to widen the road to allow for installation of the traffic lights as well as what looks to be at least a partial sidewalk on that side.

Old Posted May 17, 2013, 12:01 AM

They have started clearing the lot for the new apartment buildings on Whitepine Rd.

Old Posted May 27, 2013, 12:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have named the new K-8 school for east Riverview........

They are going to call it the East Riverview School, which is just about the most bland and generic name that you could come up with.

At least the school itself will look nice.

Old Posted May 27, 2013, 1:23 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Outhouse Point Elementary?

Old Posted May 30, 2013, 5:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good2go View Post
The old Lakeside Plaza sign was there this morning ~9AM. And when I say "old" I mean it has been there for years.
Thinking about moving?? Rent looks reasonable....

Old Posted May 30, 2013, 12:23 PM

They are starting to frame up the 4th floor of the new apartments across from the call centers on Coverdale, going up fast...

Old Posted May 31, 2013, 1:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonL-Moncton View Post
They are starting to frame up the 4th floor of the new apartments across from the call centers on Coverdale, going up fast...
I just happened to be in the area yesterday, getting some work done on one of my cars and snapped this photo:

I find that there is an increasing trend to using mini tower cranes such as this in the construction of medium sized apartment buildings, and this (along with modular components) is dramatically increasing the speed at which the construction process transpires.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2013, 3:26 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There was an article about Findlay Park in the T&T today. Nothing major, but they did hint that a car wash will be built behind the Needs/Tim Horton's combo, and that a new strip mall is in the works. Apparently the developer has three tenants lined up, and once a fourth one signs on, then the development will proceed.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces