HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Apr 11, 2011, 12:00 AM

Location: Born and raised Clevelander, former Atlantan and Dallasite, and now 'probational' New Yorker, ha
Dallas Woodall Rodgers Park

Hi. Just thought I'd throw this out to any 'Sketchup' artist who might be looking for something to work on.

Dallas has a 'Demi-Big Dig' project going on called the Woodall Rodgers Park project. The goal is to create more park space near downtown and link it with the popular uptown area. But unlike the Big Dig there's no digging. Just taking a recessed expressway and adding a platforms to support a park (still quite an endeavor though).

Surprisingly there aren't any mockups availables for this in the Warehouse. It would also be cool to add the Museum Tower to the sketch as well.

Cheers,

www.UrbanImpressionist.com ______ Twitter: @UrbanImpress ______ UrbanImpressionist on Facebook______ UrbanImpressionist on Youtube

Old Posted Apr 12, 2011, 8:09 PM

Nice building....I remember doing a competition on here a while back and did a building for the New York City competition and the building that I entered looks a lot like this building(Dallas Museum Tower).
http://www.mysketchuprenderings.com/...-city-building

Old Posted Apr 13, 2011, 2:38 AM

Location: Born and raised Clevelander, former Atlantan and Dallasite, and now 'probational' New Yorker, ha
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHOGS View Post
Nice building....I remember doing a competition on here a while back and did a building for the New York City competition and the building that I entered looks a lot like this building(Dallas Museum Tower).
http://www.mysketchuprenderings.com/...-city-building
Nice work JAHOGS. I wonder if the developers would pay you to do this? Am I wrong to assume that they would want that out in the public to increase their PR? Wouldn't be a big deal for them to kick a few hundred or thousand your way for it from a multi-million budget I gotta think.

www.UrbanImpressionist.com ______ Twitter: @UrbanImpress ______ UrbanImpressionist on Facebook______ UrbanImpressionist on Youtube

Old Posted Apr 13, 2011, 3:59 AM

Thanks. I doubt they would give me a dime.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2011, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHOGS View Post
Thanks. I doubt they would give me a dime.
Well I just emailed two contacts on their site speaking as a third party asking them to create one and provided a link to your page as someone who does them. So hope they contact you to do one and send some work your way

Old Posted Apr 13, 2011, 6:50 PM

Already got a quick reply from one:

Thanks for the input and your interest in the Park – I will pass on the information to the Park’s PR firm that you provided.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup