HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 2:19 PM

Hard to see how 25 stories residential would be a new tallest but at least Greenville is inching towards it!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2024, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Hard to see how 25 stories residential would be a new tallest but at least Greenville is inching towards it!
Oh I agree. I imagine it will be around 275 feet tall. Landmark is 305 feet tall.

Last edited by g-man435; Mar 3, 2024 at 1:00 AM.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2024, 8:41 PM
Everywhere all at once

Between this and the other tower at Academy/College, that still amounts to a substantial skyline enhancement. I hope this taller proposal at Gateway doesn't provoke any ire from locals though, because I recall there was already opposition to previous iterations of this proposal.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2024, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
Between this and the other tower at Academy/College, that still amounts to a substantial skyline enhancement. I hope this taller proposal at Gateway doesn't provoke any ire from locals though, because I recall there was already opposition to previous iterations of this proposal.
The tower at Academy/College is currently going through permitting which is slated to be complete this month with construction starting in September or October. It got pushed back by a year due to inflation and interest rates but is moving forward.

Oh it will have its NIMBY’s. All of the proposed downtown projects do. The entire city went through a zoning change last year and this site is now zoned MX-D which means the project has to be mixed use but also has no height restrictions so it should get approved with no issues.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
277 feet to the top of the roof line and 299 feet to the top of the decorative architectural fin:

https://www.greenvillesc.gov/Documen...-Church-Street

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man435 View Post
277 feet to the top of the roof line and 299 feet to the top of the decorative architectural fin:

https://www.greenvillesc.gov/Documen...-Church-Street
Inching closer …

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 3:16 AM

This is awesome NEWS for the Gateway Building G-man!!

Question, what is a NIMBY? Sounds funny, I take it means folks who think they live in a town of Greenville in 1950's still?

Question how are those (2) very large Billion-dollar projects coming along? I believe the one is well on its way, "University Ridge" and the other one is north side I believe by Berea, the Union Bleachery I think it is called. was it stopped or postponed? Haven't heard any news on this since last May.

Thanks for all the great information on Greenville that you take time to post.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations