HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 26, 2014, 6:50 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

SUNNY ISLES BEACH | 500 Sunny Isles | 325 FT | 28 FLOORS

Renderings:

Quote:
Plans were recently submitted for 500 Sunny Isles, a Carlos Zapata-designed cylindrical condo building next to the Chabad Lubavitch Russian Center of Sunny Isles Beach.

A Chabad complex that includes a synagogue and restaurant has already been approved for the site, located at 500 Sunny Isles Boulevard. The condo building would be built next to the Chabad center. Chad Oppenheim’s 400 Sunny Isles is under construction next door.

Developer Avra Jain told the Herald earlier this year that she had a contract to buy the property and build a condo tower.

Sunny Isles commissioners were originally scheduled to review the project at a meeting last week, but the item was deferred until December without discussion. The developer had been requesting several variances, including approval to build up to a height of 325-feet on a property with a 290-foot height limit.

Just 22 condo units are proposed to be included in the 28-story building, including several duplex units. A robotic parking garage would be buried underground. The city is also requiring the developer to build a public baywalk and water taxi station along the bay.

Zapata is also designing the Turnberry Ocean Club in Sunny Isles, which is scheduled to begin construction in 2015.
=============================
http://www.thenextmiami.com/index.ph...a-condo-tower/

Old Posted Nov 26, 2014, 7:12 PM
life is good

I like the design!

Water taxi station and public baywalk sound like good amenities.

Will the parking structure be underwater then?

Old Posted Nov 26, 2014, 7:17 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Below sea level sure. Side by side with the dock. Given the option for parking, to maximize the amount of units that they can add given the FAR, underground is the way to go. Robotic parking can also be seen in several Miami developments.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2014, 7:31 PM

Only 325ft? You know SIB has been spoiled when a new project is proposed under 500ft. Great design though. SIB gets some incredibly gorgeous buildings as opposed to many downtown/Brickell Miami towers up until this new boom.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2014, 8:18 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I wish it got more attention on SSP. There are literally a bunch of 600 footers going up in Sunny Isles. Likewise for Miami. This is a skyscraper site, and Miami along with its satellites are giving us these awesome developments. Many of which are very tall, but seem to go unnoticed. Recently, another supertall was proposed for Miami. Miami Central's main tower which is approximately 1,100 feet. Although the FAA will probably not like it and reduce it to 900 feet (maybe 1000 ft if we are lucky). But still, its some great news in terms of U.S. skyscraper development.

I worked on a whole list and continue to update it here along with SSP:

http://www.yimbyforums.com/c/miami

Also another source for Miami updates.

Also Seattle Updates could be found for most of the projects (check categories). Thats another city that doesn't get much credit on SSP as it should. IDK why. Skyscraper heaven going on there.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 3:20 AM
She needs her space

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I wish it got more attention on SSP. There are literally a bunch of 600 footers going up in Sunny Isles. Likewise for Miami. This is a skyscraper site, and Miami along with its satellites are giving us these awesome developments. Many of which are very tall, but seem to go unnoticed. Recently, another supertall was proposed for Miami. Miami Central's main tower which is approximately 1,100 feet. Although the FAA will probably not like it and reduce it to 900 feet (maybe 1000 ft if we are lucky). But still, its some great news in terms of U.S. skyscraper development.

I worked on a whole list and continue to update it here along with SSP:

http://www.yimbyforums.com/c/miami

Also another source for Miami updates.

Also Seattle Updates could be found for most of the projects (check categories). Thats another city that doesn't get much credit on SSP as it should. IDK why. Skyscraper heaven going on there.

I would be more interested in SoFla developments if

a) I thought there was more substance to most of them besides "castles in the sky"

b) The real estate story was a little more interesting (familiar players, substantive economic reasons related to America itself for the play, more office and not just a bunch of condo/hotel towers)

c) I didn't know that there are a lot of shady foreign buyers of SoFla real estate (eg drug dealers, ex KGB Russians in SIB's case, etc); kind of a turn off to me

However, I agree, there is A LOT going on in Miami. I'm pretty interested in Brickell CityCentre and Miami Central developments. In each case I'm more interested in the office and retail components (the lower rise components) and the transit aspect than I am for the additional bla condo towers that will sell out to a bunch of absentee Latin Americans, including some drug dealers.

I also agree that there is A LOT going on in Seattle, and to me it is a much more interesting real estate city. American/Canadian development firms with familiarity (and of course some absolutely amazing local players ranging from Paul Allen to Kemper Freeman over in Bellevue), some foreign/Asian money, a booming economy, and excellent/progressive planning policies.

I really would like Seattle to be more active. San Francisco is a fairly active city, but for the amount it has going on is relatively absent from these boards. Boston is another one (as is DC).

Old Posted Jan 13, 2015, 1:21 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

http://www.thenextmiami.com/index.ph...c-sunny-isles/

Adjacent property next to it. In the renderings, it appears to the right of it.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2015, 12:53 PM

Wow!! Nice! Hopefully they will be so successful. Can't wait to be built.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive