HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 1:10 AM

Simpler Times

Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 3:21 AM

Just wanted to say that for anyone who is missing walking around Philly, a new AMC show recently started called "dispatches from elsewhere" with Jason Segal, Andre 3000 and Sally Field.

It's a bit of a strange show and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about yet. But, it was filmed in Philly and unlike most shows set in philly, it's clear it was really filmed here and the plot just takes them all over the city and it's filmed really beautifully. Has been really nice to see the characters explore this city that we're currently unable to.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
If this is your picture then, howdy neighbor! I'm on the other side of Ridge.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawnadelphia View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/b-w0vcyjq_2/

original here:
[uxxrl="https://www.instagram.com/p/b8h6ecvgsfs/"]https://www.instagram.com/p/b8h6ecvgsfs/[/url]
Again, jawnadelphia posts a spectacular (Photoshopped ?), skyline photo.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 2:44 PM

Studies see potential lift for metro Philly’s office market in post-virus boost for life sciences

Quote:
The Philadelphia region’s office market may recover more smoothly from the coronavirus than other metros’, thanks to the major role played by its health-care industries, according to a report by national real estate services firm Newmark Knight Frank.

While office leasing is likely to take an immediate hit from the plummeting economic activity that has accompanied efforts to contain the pandemic, the region’s “health-care concentration is a prescription for office-market resiliency,” Lisa DeNight, research manager at the NKF’s Philadelphia office, wrote in the report published late last week.

NKF’s findings are consistent with those of a separate report released last week by another commercial real estate firm, Colliers International, which also forecast increased activity in health-care and the life sciences in the wake of the virus.

“Investment in the life sciences will likely be buoyed, even accelerated, by the impact of this pandemic,” Joseph Fetterman, the Philadelphia-based head of Colliers’ life-sciences practice, wrote in that report. “Funding and investment will be directed at emerging drug development companies to accelerate the pace of delivering cures.”
Read more here:
https://www.inquirer.com/business/he...-20200330.html

Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 2:49 PM

Figured I'd post this here too since this is just extremely impressive

No More Development Possible on a Small Francisville Block

Today

Read more here:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...cisville-block

Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 5:52 PM

I live in the NE corner of Francisville. This neighborhood has changed by leaps and bounds! There are basically only three large parcels left, excluding a random assortment of spots along Ridge Avenue and the People For People surface lots: the lot at 15th and Parrish, the Francisville Triangle, and the vacant lot along the 800 block of North Broad. That is amazing progress for a neighborhood that wasn't nearly as far along in development a decade ago!

Once the vacant retail spots along Ridge Avenue start to fill in, Francisville will cement itself as one of the most desirable neighborhoods in the city! While there are restaurants and shops along Fairmount Ave, most of them are in Fairmount. It's time for us to have our own viable commercial corridor.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 5:06 PM

Do I see a project in store for the Disney Hole?!

Parking Lot on the Outs at 8th & Market?

Quote:
That temporary zoning approval is coming up at the end of 2020, and as a result this property is now poised to rise from its four-decade slumber. Plans are still coming together, but the initial concept calls for two buildings at this site, echoing the East Market project down the block. Each tower will rise approximately twenty-five stories and include two stories of retail, 350-400 rental units, and a couple floors of underground parking.

Read more at: http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...uts-8th-market

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Well, all bets are off now, but, as envisioned, it seems like dreaming small for a site with MUCH MORE "location, location, location," than the East Market development.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 8:55 PM

Two towers at 300-400' isn't bad, but I would prefer one tower that is 600-800'.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 9:49 PM

Doesn't OCF always do an April fools jawn? I seem to remember one of the Sixers relocating their stadium to near 30th Street

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
Doesn't OCF always do an April fools jawn? I seem to remember one of the Sixers relocating their stadium to near 30th Street
Good call.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 10:43 PM

^I'm stupid.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 11:09 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
Good call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
^I'm stupid.
The April 1 date notwithstanding, I don't think this was an April Fools post. Noting too that certain websites that do it up big every year for April 1 seem to be sitting out the usual frivolity this year.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 12:39 AM

Kind of a bummer. We're presently building two 300 footers at 23rd and Cherry and 10th and Chestnut...surely something better could go here. This is the most iconic lot left in Center City.

Goldenberg has held this lot for nearly 25 years...and we're basically getting what PMC put together over a few cocktails.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
The April 1 date notwithstanding, I don't think this was an April Fools post. Noting too that certain websites that do it up big every year for April 1 seem to be sitting out the usual frivolity this year.
I agree. If it were something like, Goldenberg plans city's tallest....then that'd be something else. But two Philly specials (RECTANGLES!) on this block as a "joke" is pretty lame.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 1:46 AM
Philly Pholly

Putting together any kind of plan these days is surprising at all.
Who knows where we'll be in 1 year?

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
I mean their whole thing was kind of being realistic about it, if I recall correctly from past years. I agree it seems less likely they'd be doing it again this year, but who knows?

Is it wrong that I'm hoping this is a joke? Totally underwhelmed.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 3:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post

Parking Lot on the Outs at 8th & Market?

Read more at: http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...uts-8th-market

The size of this location and the links to the mass transit make this location prime for the top of the market; if it isn't one wonder's why.

For many years since Mr. Rendell was mayor I've been advocating for this site to have 2 towers between 900' to 1050' feet; the site can support it. My biggest fear is that Philadelphia has a world of potential but isn't aggressive enough in getting businesses here.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
I mean their whole thing was kind of being realistic about it, if I recall correctly from past years. I agree it seems less likely they'd be doing it again this year, but who knows?

Is it wrong that I'm hoping this is a joke? Totally underwhelmed.
A disappointment for sure. If it is a joke, it is pretty genius and directly aimed at the folks that frequent this forum. Here's to hoping....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations