HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 8:20 PM

Last year during final project time at college, the campus Tim's got a workout. I was pulling 8AM - 1AM school days, so I was going there often.

I was, I kid you not... 0-53 before finally winning a doughnut.

0/1 this year, thanks to less stress, and being at a job where there isn't a Tim's attached to the building.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 8:49 PM

Last year I was 0 - 30

This year I'm 2 - 14

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 8:59 PM

I've won one coffee this year so its around 1 / 10.

I work between a Timmy's and a MacDonalds and only ever go to the former. McD's coffee is crap and even though both stores are horrible for you at least Tim's taste like something other than grease. On average I go to Tim's five times a week and only go to McDonalds once to get a breakfast burrito before my morning shift on the weekend.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 9:13 PM
So very tired...

0/1, and the only reason I bought a cup of that shite coffee is because my boss gave me a prepaid tims card in lieu of a Christmas bonus. I'm spending the rest of the balance on doughnuts....

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 9:17 PM

My good buddy's dad's coworker just won a car last week so that got my whole circle of friends into buying timmys coffees haha. But I'm still getting my free Mcds coffee like clockwork.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 9:43 PM

The last 2 years only donuts and coffee, however 3 years ago I won a BBQ which was great.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 10:11 PM

I've never won once. :\

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 10:21 PM

1 FOR 4. McDonald's coffee is way better than Timmie's.

McDonald's I'm 0 for 50 this year... But I win everytime I have a sausage McMuffin with egg.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 10:22 PM
gettin' rich!

CALTRANE IS 1 FOR 1!

(I won a free coffee)

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 10:31 PM

I've never had a Tim Horton's coffee.

When I hear people talk about it, it seems like more of a competition as to how many coffees you've actually BOUGHT than how many you've won.

Everything about the "contest" leaves a taste in my mouth that is worse than what I imagine their coffee ever could.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 11:39 PM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulliver View Post
0/1, and the only reason I bought a cup of that shite coffee is because my boss gave me a prepaid tims card in lieu of a Christmas bonus. I'm spending the rest of the balance on doughnuts....
Sell the card. That's what I do when people give them to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinb View Post
I've never had a Tim Horton's coffee.

When I hear people talk about it, it seems like more of a competition as to how many coffees you've actually BOUGHT than how many you've won.

Everything about the "contest" leaves a taste in my mouth that is worse than what I imagine their coffee ever could.
That's the point of the contest: Get people to spend lots of money at Tim Hortons. The prizes are secondary.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 12:23 AM
Change is good

eh hey zee zed about aboot to roll up the rim Rim RIM!!!

I don't even consider tim hortons Canadian anymore. It's certainly not 'fresh baked in store' either. The only reason people keep drinking their coffee is because they don't know they've been addicted to nicotine they put in their coffee/slop.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 12:54 AM
So very tired...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Sell the card. That's what I do when people give them to me.
Ha! Didn't realize there was a market for black market tims prepaid cards. Where do you sell them? How do you convince people the balance is what you say it is?

If anyone is interested the balance is $28 and change...I'll let it go for $25

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 12:57 AM

i love the brew, but i have never won a thing in all these years. not even a god damm dognut. damm.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 1:39 AM
The Vomit Bag.

ahh, vid is mocking me. I can't stand the pain!

Sooo lemme understand. If you are a customer, you should not voice complaints. wish I could be so high and mighty and just avoid every company that annoys me (hell, there may be one or two left in the whole world).

Two coffees a day (of the weak TH brew) is far from extreme...compared to most professors. There are 16 Tim Horton's on Campus.

Quote:
That's the point of the contest: Get people to spend lots of money at Tim Hortons. The prizes are secondary.
Brilliant!
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Last edited by MolsonExport; Mar 4, 2011 at 2:05 AM.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 1:42 AM

I've won once this year. I've already lost track of how many coffees I've had.

Last year I won exactly once, and it wasn't even at home. I won a donut at a Tim Hortons in Toronto. In 2009 my winning percentage was close to 50%.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 2:55 AM

There are over 250,000,000 contest cups so the chances are quite low for anything other than coffee and donuts...

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 3:12 AM
Torontonian Refugee

Here I was, thinking I was the only person who called it "Roll up the Rim to Lose".

0/12 reporting in, last year it was literally 0/31. I swear to God Tim Hortons sends a higher percentage of loser cups to the universities, either that or I just have shit luck with this contest.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 4:17 AM
Edan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaletown_fella View Post
Does anyone find Tim Hortons doubles doubles very inconsistent in proportion depending on location? I loathe when I'm given 3 parts cream and 1 sugar and I've left the store and already on the subway. Seriously, most of the workers are retarded.
Hey, I used to work there.... but its not the workers that are retarded. It's the inconsistent machines that dispense the cream/milk/sugar. We use huge 2 gallon bags of cream. However, the less cream there is in the dispenser, the less pressure there is to push the cream out. So when the dispenser is almost empty, next to nothing comes out. However, we aren't aloud to change the bag until it is COMPLETELY empty. The same goes for the sugar dispensers too. They get clogged way too easily as well. Every location gets the same machines. It's just if you get there right after it was refilled vs. as soon as its empty. That's why it is always different. However, your are also right in saying some of the workers are retarded,, they hire the worst people (well at my location anyways) that actually find it so hard to lift a spoon and stir the goddamn cup of coffee that I've handed them. BUT, that doesn't go to say that the customers aren't just as retarded. They come in, asking for the strangest shit and actually do not listen to you in the least. If you tell them we are out of something, they will keep asking for it. Or will come back saying their coffee is burnt, when I can assure them it is nothing of the sort. Or they bitch and whine when they don't give me enough change, saying its cheap so I should just give it to them anyways. I always retort, because its so cheap, you should be able to afford it... It's not like it's fun on our side when half of canada comes whirring in and out of your doors, and you have to make thousands of coffees a day. It sucks.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 5:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharn View Post
Here I was, thinking I was the only person who called it "Roll up the Rim to Lose".

0/12 reporting in, last year it was literally 0/31. I swear to God Tim Hortons sends a higher percentage of loser cups to the universities, either that or I just have shit luck with this contest.
Last year at uni I was batting above .600, it surprised me quite a bit.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada