HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 6:35 PM

[Grimsby] Grimsby Waterfront Condos + Towns | ? | 22/18/14/12/12/10 fl | Proposed

source

source

source

source

source

Full Size Site Plan:

Quote:
Info:

- 6 mixed-use apartment buildings (18, 22, 12, 12, 10, and 14 storeys)

- 1247 residential units

- 5,334 square metres of employment space on the ground floor fronting North Service Road

- 38, 2.5 storey townhouse units

- 10, 3 storey back-to-back townhouse units

- Approximately 1.4 hectares of parkland area that is proposed to be dedicated to the Town for continuation of the west-end waterfront trail

- 1845 parking spaces are proposed on-site: 96 spaces for the townhouse units, 1559 spaces for the residential apartment units, and 190 spaces for the employment uses

- Located at 362 & 398 North Service Road, Grimsby, Ontario, Canada

Registration Website: losanihomes.com/Communities/Grimsby

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 10:18 PM
Burger Connoisseur

WOW these are beautiful!

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 12:41 AM
Hammer'd

Definitely one of the better condos I've seen along there so far. The ones that they've actually built so far are absolutely hideous.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 1:25 AM

it's amazing to me to see how urban, mixed-use, high density neighbourhood design has taken shape all along the TO waterfront, Mississauga, Burlington (skipped Hamilton of course cuz 3-car garages and cul de sacs 1980's) and now onto Grimsby. I'm sure St Catharines will be next (while we keep building 1980's cul de sacs and 3-car garages) It really is fascinating to see how dramatic an effect city hall has on the success or stagnation of a city.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 9:34 PM
Hammer'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTfan View Post
it's amazing to me to see how urban, mixed-use, high density neighbourhood design has taken shape all along the TO waterfront, Mississauga, Burlington (skipped Hamilton of course cuz 3-car garages and cul de sacs 1980's) and now onto Grimsby. I'm sure St Catharines will be next (while we keep building 1980's cul de sacs and 3-car garages) It really is fascinating to see how dramatic an effect city hall has on the success or stagnation of a city.
To be fair, Hamilton really doesn't have the same lakefront as any of those other places because of the industries. The geography of the harbour kinda cuts downtown off from the lake unlike any of the other cities around it. I'm sure Hamilton's rate of suburban sprawl is no worse than Toronto's.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Feb 15, 2019, 5:50 AM
Ham-burgher

Not tall enough. People living at Green Rd. will be able to launch chairs in that direction that might hit, if the prevailing winds are moderately strong.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2019, 2:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt602 View Post
To be fair, Hamilton really doesn't have the same lakefront as any of those other places because of the industries. The geography of the harbour kinda cuts downtown off from the lake unlike any of the other cities around it. I'm sure Hamilton's rate of suburban sprawl is no worse than Toronto's.
I'm referring to our section of lakeshore from the Niagara border all the way over to Confederation Park. It's literally the exact same geography as downtown Burlington or Humber Bay or Grimsby. We build single homes and townhomes…all these other regions build high-density, mixed use communities.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2023, 6:25 PM

Lots of dirt being moved here. I saw three excavators, a dump truck, a bulldozer and more this morning, but it looks like they've been at work for months already. Has this been approved and is now under construction?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2023, 8:34 PM

It's been approved, yes. They've been doing site servicing for it for several months. I imagine they won't build it all at once though, and haven't started sales yet, so I'd be surprised to see an actual building start to go up yet.

Right now I believe they are just building the sewers, roads, etc.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs