HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 7:37 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
we have http://clickbeforeyoudigmb.com/ to do underground clearances but I have been told membership is voluntary so not all underground utilities will be located if you contact that group.

For Bomberjet's project that sounds like what happened when a daycare wanted to build near the Midtown bridge about 10-15 years ago. A 66kv underground line was found running through the property they were looking at. It was one of the last of Winnipeg Hydro major construction projects and I guess the as built's never made it over to Manitoba Hydro or the City's underground structures mapping group.

I see a lot more of the suck trucks potholing at any proposed excavation and not only where they utilities have marked their stuff. I guess doing that is better than finding something the hard way
I see. I didn't know that Manitoba Hydro had absorbed Winnipeg Hydro in 2002. I could see how something like that could get lost in the shuffle.

Still, 66kV isn't exactly tiny.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan