HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 22, 2020, 5:50 AM

Wawanesa will be taller than Scotia Bank tower of True North Square . So not a big skyline presence but it will be taller than the Sutton Place hotel and the residences beside it also .

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 9:00 PM
Create and Conquer

If I have time, I'll get some out (: I might be taking some time off work, and I used to really enjoy doing it.

Not to mention I've gotten much better at it too.

Wawanesa and PP are projects that I'm not patient enough to wait for more official renderings of lol.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2020, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRiToNDREyJA View Post
If I have time, I'll get some out (: I might be taking some time off work, and I used to really enjoy doing it.

Not to mention I've gotten much better at it too.

Wawanesa and PP are projects that I'm not patient enough to wait for more official renderings of lol.
Would certainly be cool to see

By the time 300 main, wawanesa and pp go up though I’m sure there will be other towers (big or small) proposed or u/c. Winnipeg is hitting that size where projects will just keep coming, especially given the steady economy and confident growth rate

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 6:37 AM

Wawanesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegcityboy View Post
Wawanesa will be taller than Scotia Bank tower of True North Square . So not a big skyline presence but it will be taller than the Sutton Place hotel and the residences beside it also .
Actually, since Wawanesa has decided to forge ahead with 4 additional floors..23 from 19...Plus a very tall podium and top floors, this will become among the top 10 tallest in Winnipeg, possibly # 7 or #8 or at the very least #9.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 3:07 PM
What could go wrong?

TRiToNDREyJA, good to see you back. I've missed your renders of downtown.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Feb 15, 2021, 5:35 PM
Ignore these four words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
TRiToNDREyJA, good to see you back. I've missed your renders of downtown.
I agree. I always look forward to your renders. Cheers!

Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 1:12 AM
Create and Conquer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG View Post
I agree. I always look forward to your renders. Cheers!
We'll see if I end up playing with the models again when we know more about that 50 story tower rumor from the other thread

I have more free time now than I've had since high school, and I've gotten better at this sort of thing heh

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 10:32 PM
Create and Conquer

With the recent monstrosity being revealed for the St Regis site, I've got more crude Google Earth renders in the works.

I've added the small windows & concrete colours to the 285 Smith tower.

I'm not sure how I feel about after seeing the way the colours might read... It could certainly be worse but still. What are your thoughts?

Also, if anyone has photos they'd like me to photoshop the new buildings into just post them here or send the link my way. Can use higher res versions of the models that way.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 1:58 AM
Ignore these four words.

Well done, as always.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 2:48 AM

Great work.

I know we all may not like that clunker. But it sure would be a nice filler and addition to the skyline.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 6:00 AM
Create and Conquer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Great work.

I know we all may not like that clunker. But it sure would be a nice filler and addition to the skyline.
It definitely fills in a nice spot, & the slim side of the tower is a nice peak from north & south.

Glad that everyone is enjoying these. I've got diagrams for Wawanesa ready & renewed diagrams of 300 & 360 main uploading, keep an eye out for them.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 6:19 AM
Back from the dead

Yeesh...that new proposal (is it an actual proposal?) would be livable if they could get rid of that silly overhang-y plate at the top. Those things are going to look very dated within a decade or two at the most.
But it does add a nice element of density that I like so there is that.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 6:19 AM
Create and Conquer

Last post before bed...
We have the Smith Street Canyon

And a closer look at the big boy

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 6:21 AM
Create and Conquer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
Yeesh...that new proposal (is it an actual proposal?) would be livable if they could get rid of that silly overhang-y plate at the top. Those things are going to look very dated within a decade or two at the most.
But it does add a nice element of density that I like so there is that.
It's pretty well guaranteed to be a proposal, just not public yet. We don't actually know if we've seen the version of the renders that will be made public or not, but there are even stamped drawings of this version you can find on the Winnipeg Construction thread.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 12:28 PM

Great job, Tritondreyja. Those illustrations are an awesome potential glimpse into the future.

That last one is really compelling... it's interesting to see how the corner of Portage and Main will no longer dominate the way they once did. Between some of the new and U/C towers like TNS, 300 Main and this Smith Street proposal, it seems as though downtown is evolving a bit more into a tabletop skyline.

It would also be great to finally start seeing those long-empty surface lots along Graham start getting built up like that.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 1:40 PM
What could go wrong?

Super cool Tritondreyja. I love it....not the building design, but your renderings.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 6:23 PM
Create and Conquer

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Great job, Tritondreyja. Those illustrations are an awesome potential glimpse into the future.

That last one is really compelling... it's interesting to see how the corner of Portage and Main will no longer dominate the way they once did. Between some of the new and U/C towers like TNS, 300 Main and this Smith Street proposal, it seems as though downtown is evolving a bit more into a tabletop skyline.

It would also be great to finally start seeing those long-empty surface lots along Graham start getting built up like that.
Portage & Main towers are hidden from many angles with these, it's weird to see in GE.

On another note, I recently made some bullet points on the 'Peg construction thread and how I'd love to see at least one of them used. I took the liberty to do one of them myself and join the windows vertically.

This reads much better with my basic model, and I'm sure it would in a professional render as well. Thoughts?
I could live with this.

I was joking with my gf one time that this thing would just be a St Vital condo stretched 40 storeys up (this was like a month ago ). Never thought I'd turn out to be correct.

Last edited by TRiToNDREyJA; Apr 15, 2021 at 6:40 PM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 6:57 PM

Triton , much much better with the vertical windows I think , Tower looks not half bad now . That could even go in the Canada proposals forum , LOL

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 7:26 PM

Nice improvement, and shouldn't be a deal-breaker for the project. Podium still looks plain and boxy but better than before.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 7:33 PM

i'm sorry.. but what is this new tower?... How am I not aware of this?.. is this where Sky tower would have gone?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan