HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 2:09 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

CTBUH has this listed: Project Commodore 502 m.

Anyways, to feed the NY Ego:

In the wise words of a Ukrainian from Brighton Beach named Bufera, when you build one super tall, it is a tragedy, when you build 30+... it is a statistic.

Some need updating. Like 250 Water and 80 South I doubt will happen. Damn nimbys on 250 water.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 2:26 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
That's what's exciting. "Several" prospective Midtown East parcels and we have the whole Penn Station district. Along with a potential super tall with Phase II of HY (if the mass models or concepts are anything to go by; I have a feeling out of the 8 towers in phase II of HY, two will be over 300m. 520 Fifth, potential Park Lane hotel, we have 45 Broad on hold, 2 WTC, LES Towers... so a lot of potential. I'm missing more, but a lot of super talls are bound to rise.

Hopefully Hyatt magnitude.
30+ supertalls is insane to think about, around 10 of them being 400+ meters

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 2:41 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
In the wise words of a Ukrainian from Brighton Beach named Bufera, when you build one super tall, it is a tragedy, when you build 30+... it is a statistic.

Some need updating. Like 250 Water and 80 South I doubt will happen.
Nice list, but why would you doubt 80 South Street is going to happen? Downtown will build condos again. 45 Broad Street will eventually get built, as will 2 WTC.
250 is finished, and 80 South Street will just have to be built in another cycle. But the real estate is to valuable to go unbuilt. It will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermingham123 View Post
its on there. the screenshot used here was without proposals showing, only "built" and "under construction" were turned on

I know, I just meant that graphic in particular, and here it is...9 Dekalb would be somewhere between BofA and 3 WTC, depending on what the final height for 45 Broad is.
I'm guessing 2 WTC would be somewhere around 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xing Lin View Post

Here you go, with 270 Park added! I've updated my drawing with the new DOB height and design but it hasn't been uploaded to the SkyscraperPage diagram yet.
Commodore silhouette credit to GertElim.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridnyc View Post
It will utterly domine the midtown of Manhattan skyline, t think something giant is preparing in peen station and Roosevelt hotel i guess it will have +530m 100 floors
So what do you say about this? (Just an idea).

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 5:01 PM

^ Awesome! Tower Fifth should use your design!

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 6:34 PM
Show me the blueprints

I hope the M-B Skyneedle is built somewhere anywhere sometime if for no other reason than so skyscraper foamers can stop fantasizing it be built somewhere anywhere sometime.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 7:36 PM

What is the tower in gray?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 7:42 PM

This building in blue color look like a +2200ft height i hope it will be build !!!!!

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 7:43 PM

Can you tell me whats is this building in blue ???

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 7:59 PM

Looks like the miglin-beitler skyneedle building that was proposed for Chicago a number of years ago:
https://images.skyscrapercenter.com/...l_(c)pelli.jpg

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 8:17 PM

Quote:
It will utterly domine the midtown of Manhattan skyline
*Midtown East

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 8:18 PM

Quote:
This building in blue color look like a +2200ft height i hope it will be build !!!!!
This blue tower is a 100+ storey, 2,000ft tall tower that could be built on the Roosevelt hotel site, retaining the hotel base. The tower is look like to Chicago's Skyneedle but not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlosborne1
What is the tower in gray?
It is a possible idea for a tower on the 237 Park avenue site.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky88 View Post
This blue tower is a 100+ storey, 2,000ft tall tower that could be built on the Roosevelt hotel site, retaining the hotel base
Wait, it wasn't your design? I retract my earlier compliment then, but thanks for adding it so flawlessly to the Midtown schematic.

It looks like an updated version of the Chrysler Building, but almost twice as tall. I hope it will get built!

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 8:40 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

The Roosevelt site looks like a potential mixed used. At 100 floors, depending on how they go with say office or hotel, it could swing dramatically. Either way, a solid super tall, at the bare minimum. One of those long term plays, but it will most likely be grand.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
Wait, it wasn't your design? I retract my earlier compliment then, but thanks for adding it so flawlessly to the Midtown schematic.

It looks like an updated version of the Chrysler Building, but almost twice as tall. I hope it will get built!
Yes, it's my project. Didn't you notice the Sky88 writing at the bottom?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 9:13 PM

the Roosevelt hotel +2200ft and peen station tower will be also a 2000ft building in addition grand hyatt 502m and some modification in tower fifth to get a 1700ft tower it will so great for big apple

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 9:26 PM

Quote:
the Roosevelt hotel +2200ft and peen station tower will be also a 2000ft building in addition grand hyatt 502m and some modification in tower fifth to get a 1700ft tower it will so great for big apple
Not if the designs are not top draw. The recent newer towers are very mixed in terms of the terrible, good and meh.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2020, 4:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xing Lin View Post

Here you go, with 270 Park added! I've updated my drawing with the new DOB height and design but it hasn't been uploaded to the SkyscraperPage diagram yet.
Commodore silhouette credit to GertElim.

I gotta say, that’s a pretty handsome set of towers. I remember my younger self being upset that New York wasn’t getting any of the dildo towers they were building out East. But in the end, I think our buildings might age better. Very satisfied

Old Posted Nov 26, 2020, 4:34 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky88 View Post
So what do you say about this? (Just an idea).

I like the idea of a thinner tower reaching up above the others, to add a mix to the skyline. It would be a change from all of the bulkier towers going up. The Hudson Yards could use something like that also. 237 Park will eventually be rebuilt. Its currently in the control of RXR Realty, one of the forces behind this tower.

Matching those sites...

Quote:
The Roosevelt site looks like a potential mixed used. At 100 floors, depending on how they go with say office or hotel, it could swing dramatically. Either way, a solid super tall, at the bare minimum. One of those long term plays, but it will most likely be grand.
I think the Roosevelt Hotel, if it is to survive as a hotel, should follow the model used here - a trimmed down, but still large hotel component, and a million square ft of office space would do the trick on that site. It's zoned for a tower the size of Vanderbilt, just a matter of how they stack it.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2020, 6:49 AM

Est reazoning will have a building exceeding the height of the tip of the one world trade center exemple the blue tower (Roosevelt hotel)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals