HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Jul 5, 2020, 8:28 PM

B.C. approves $9 million in grants for cycling, pedestrian infrastructure

Quote:
The provincial government has approved grants for improved pedestrian and cycling infrastructure in 23 communities around British Columbia, including six projects on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, as well as three on the South Coast.

The funding is part of the province's Active Transportation Grants program, and totals nearly $9 million across the 23 infrastructure projects and 21 planning projects in smaller communities.

Infrastructure projects approved under the program can include improvements to sidewalks, improved lighting along pathways, multi-use and protected travel lanes for cyclists and pedestrians, and other amenities that connect people to public transit, downtown areas and schools, according to a news release from the provincial government.

The District of North Vancouver will receive $500,000 for the Lynn Valley Road Active Transportation Project, which will provide pedestrian and cycling infrastructure extending existing cycling facilities and connecting to a regional park and demonstration trail.

A full list of all the projects being funded around the province can be found here. (pdf)

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
In a related note (and I didn't want to start a thread just for this): Vancouver councillor wants shared e-scooter pilot running by fall
Wasn't Mobi investing in some e-bikes as part of their fleet? Seems to me that might be a better fit.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 8:01 PM

Much as I support e-bikes, wouldn't that require a retrofit of every Mobi station? I'd argue that scooters are more portable too.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut View Post
Much as I support e-bikes, wouldn't that require a retrofit of every Mobi station? I'd argue that scooters are more portable too.
I guess that depends what version of the word "scooter" applies here.

The Mobi thing might operate the way e-scooters do in the US. People get paid to take them home and charge them.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
I guess that depends what version of the word "scooter" applies here.

The Mobi thing might operate the way e-scooters do in the US. People get paid to take them home and charge them.
99.9% sure the Councillor's suggesting one of these. People want an electric moped, they can go and buy one themselves!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure