HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWatson View Post
Perfect time to do this work then; I’ve noticed that traffic is WAY down with much of the population still working from home.
Not any longer. Today I was running errands and traffic was very heavy.

I was stuck in a lineup today and a MT bus was next to me. I noticed the decal on the front door saying to board using the rear doors. Now I understand that when fares were suspended that could be done, but I assume that will no longer be in effect now that they are starting to collect them again.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
I was stuck in a lineup today and a MT bus was next to me. I noticed the decal on the front door saying to board using the rear doors. Now I understand that when fares were suspended that could be done, but I assume that will no longer be in effect now that they are starting to collect them again.
Yeah, front boarding and fare collection starts back up August 1st.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 2:17 AM

Work is progressing on the Robie/Young transit lanes. They've resurfaced most of the corridor and painted the new lanes along a portion. The Robie/North and Robie/Cunard intersections are still being rebuilt but the changes are impressive especially for the new Cunard alignment. One thing I'm sad to see not included is the marked crosswalk at Robie/Russell that was originally proposed. The finished section has new 'No Stopping 6am-6pm' signage which indicates the transit lanes will be in effect during those hours.

As for Bayers Road it is chaotic enough along that stretch that electronic message signs in Dartmouth are warning people to avoid driving in the area. From my limited experience I have to agree that is a great idea!

- DJ

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
Work is progressing on the Robie/Young transit lanes. They've resurfaced most of the corridor and painted the new lanes along a portion. The Robie/North and Robie/Cunard intersections are still being rebuilt but the changes are impressive especially for the new Cunard alignment. One thing I'm sad to see not included is the marked crosswalk at Robie/Russell that was originally proposed. The finished section has new 'No Stopping 6am-6pm' signage which indicates the transit lanes will be in effect during those hours.

As for Bayers Road it is chaotic enough along that stretch that electronic message signs in Dartmouth are warning people to avoid driving in the area. From my limited experience I have to agree that is a great idea!
I was for a run that took me out to Bayers road last weekend and the whole area is very under construction with the sewer work and recapping going on along Romans. Going to be quite a swath of road when it’s done.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure