HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Feb 21, 2011, 8:40 PM

Lot of workmen in and out of the place. They are doing general and specific build-outs for the tenants, but no one will say what or who is moving in, other than we heart Hippies and another restaurant. There must be someone big going in!!!!!! or they wouldn't be doing as much work as they are. Thee are now new window frames going in along all sides of the ground floor.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2011, 5:04 PM
BANNED

Heard through the grapevine that the big 87,000 SF lease in the Luhrs Building will be for the Maricopa County Attorney's Office. Don't know anything beyond that.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2011, 5:21 PM
BANNED

If it's true, it's disappointing news.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2011, 8:19 PM

Where does the Maricopa County Attorney's Office live now?

Old Posted Feb 22, 2011, 8:28 PM

Looks like it's the read deal. Found some documents online that mention a Lease Agreement between Maricopa County and HHLuhrs,LLC.

Quote:
Lease Agreement L-7417 leases approximately 71,200 rentable square feet of office space
in the Luhrs Building at 11 W. Jefferson, in Phoenix, for use by the County Attorney’s
Office. The Lease Commencement Date will be on, or about, March 1, 2011. The term of
the lease will be for 60 months, with an option to renew for an additional 60-month term
with termination rights granted to Lessor. During the initial term of the lease, the County will
have the right to use up to 214 unreserved parking spaces in the adjacent garage at no
additional cost to the County.
Additionally, it looks like they are also getting space at 125 S 1st Ave, which is the Luhr's Tower.

Quote:
Lease Agreement L-7418 leases approximately 13.200 rentable square feet of office space
in the Luhrs Building at 125 S. 1st Ave, in Phoenix, for use by the County's Adult Probation
Department. The Lease Commencement Date will be on, or about, March 1, 2011. The
term of the lease will be for 60 months, with an option to renew for an additional 60-month
term.
Now is that really any different than some other random office company taking that space? As long as they leave the ground floor for retail/restaurant..right?

Old Posted Feb 22, 2011, 8:38 PM
BANNED

It should essentially have the same effect as a regular company occupying the same space. Lawyers, paralegals, assistants, etc. Plus, the new Maricopa County Courts Tower is across the street. Makes sense. With all those people working there, I'm guessing they should have no problem filling the space with retail tenants. It's a great thing for CVS, too.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2011, 8:41 PM
BANNED

Was hoping it would be sometging new to the city.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2011, 10:23 PM

Where were they before? Does this move a lot of new people closer to Cityscape and all? If so, it is a good thing. If they are moving from just a block away then no gain is made.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2011, 10:41 PM

They moved them about a block.

If I remember correctly, the majority of the County Attorney offices are currently housed across the street from the Central Court Building. I believe the address is 301 W. Jefferson, but I could be mistaken.

Maybe (hopefully) they are consolidating some outlying offices at Luhr's? The County has a habit of having satellite offices sprinkled throughout midtown due to growth outpacing their ability to expand downtown.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnphx View Post
It should essentially have the same effect as a regular company occupying the same space. Lawyers, paralegals, assistants, etc. Plus, the new Maricopa County Courts Tower is across the street. Makes sense. With all those people working there, I'm guessing they should have no problem filling the space with retail tenants. It's a great thing for CVS, too.
The County Attorney's part yea...but I'm not too fond of the Adult Probation part moving in. Would have been nice to keep that jail/probation type of stuff west of 1st Ave where it is now, not spill it over further east.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2011, 11:59 PM
BANNED

Is the adult probation only offices or will people on probation actually be there?

Old Posted Feb 23, 2011, 4:02 PM

Has to be a plus if they are bringing people from other parts of the city downtown. More shoppers more lunch crowd etc. What is the problem?

Old Posted Feb 24, 2011, 2:31 PM
Skyriser

The County Attorney office is in fact at the 301 Administration Building. Presumably, it will be a long-term net gain for workers as other departments are moved back into the 301 building. I think the County leases somewhere around a million square feet in the central city...

Old Posted Apr 13, 2011, 4:34 AM

Can't wait to see tenants sometime. The new windows and doors sure look nice!!!

Old Posted Apr 13, 2011, 5:48 AM

Can you post pics?

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 8:59 PM

Across at Luhrs... I will post at Cityscape thread too, in case. I talked to the main architect.

Installing two huge awnings on the West side of the East Luhrs Tower. The plan is for them to be above two large entrances to the corner ground floor space. They are holding and hoping it to be a nice restaurant.

They are keeping all ground floor spaces for resturants.

Two set tenants are Subway and also a Cigar Bar.

Hippies place is out.

They talked to Bob at LGO...possible interest, but just in initial talks

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 9:25 PM
BANNED

another Subway?

Sheesh.

As for Two Hippies, surprise, surprise. They have so many restaurants with nobody in them already, why would they want another?

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 9:52 PM

Why don't they have stores there? Stores always make for a good pedestiran activity. It worked well in Hamburg downtown. A bunch of clothing stores lined one street and there was a bunch of pedestrian traffic. Why don't they add like a book store or a department store there?

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 10:16 PM

How many bookstores have you seen opening anywhere?!!!!

A department store? The worlds smallest?....have you seen the spaces available in Luhrs?

Small shops would be fine. I have not been to Hamburg, but i have been to San Diego's Gas Lamp District, and it is almost totally restaurants and bars. i am not comparing our new downtown to Gas Lamp. I am simply saying that restaurants are good draws.... yes, stores are good too and will come, but don't knock restaurants.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 11:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
How many bookstores have you seen opening anywhere?!!!!

A department store? The worlds smallest?....have you seen the spaces available in Luhrs?

Small shops would be fine. I have not been to Hamburg, but i have been to San Diego's Gas Lamp District, and it is almost totally restaurants and bars. i am not comparing our new downtown to Gas Lamp. I am simply saying that restaurants are good draws.... yes, stores are good too and will come, but don't knock restaurants.
yup, gaslamp opened on one street of bars and restaurants, with a suburban mall much like cityscape. Eventually shops lined the streets neighboring the original street.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest