HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 2:13 PM
The Vomit Bag.

1/16

I rolled up the RIM and....Won a coffee!

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Last edited by MolsonExport; Mar 4, 2011 at 5:26 PM.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 4:23 PM

I was 0/12, I finally won a free coffee yesterday, but I accidentally threw it away

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 1:43 AM

It seems like it's been a lot tougher to win anything this year.

I usually win 5 or 6 coffees out of around 25 purchased through the promotion. So far I'm 0 for 12. I would've written this off as just bad luck, except that I've heard from over 25 people I know (from different parts of the country) that are having similarly poor results. It's pretty one-sided this year... so far at least.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 1:47 AM
Editor

I saw this thread and immediately knew what it was about. I'm 0 for 6, and so far nobody at the office has won anything yet. Our office is roughly 0 for 20.

A couple of years ago, I was winning about 3 or 4 out of every 10.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 2:12 AM
EVDS MPlan Grad

I don't drink coffee but I get the odd mocha (they suck at making them too, but if I stir the caramel into the drink I can tolerate it). I still haven't won anything, but I'd be stoked to win a bbq.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 2:15 AM
Change is good

The biggest loser in this contest?

Src: bp.blogspot.com

The environment!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 6:44 AM
Edan

Just got my first coffee of the year... and am now 1/1... I won another coffee.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 12:53 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post

The environment!
Win!!!!

[this space intentionally left blank]

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 1:39 PM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulliver View Post
Ha! Didn't realize there was a market for black market tims prepaid cards. Where do you sell them? How do you convince people the balance is what you say it is?
There should be a balance on the receipt. People who go to Tims all the time will buy probably them. I've sold gift cards to other places (Gap, Superstore, etc) before. There is a market, just ask around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Sooo lemme understand. If you are a customer, you should not voice complaints.
If you're voicing complains as often as your are, you should not be a customer.

There are other places to get coffee. If there are alternatives to Tim Hortons in Thunder Bay of all places, there must be alternatives to Tim Hortons in London, a city 4 times the size. You're at a fucking university, there should be at least one independent place to get coffee.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 2:44 PM

Quote:
If you're voicing complains as often as your are, you should not be a customer.
I agree with you 100%, does Tim Horton have a monopoly on coffee sales in Canada? personally I refuse to drink that petroleum by product they call coffee, and I'll go further by stating that anyone who likes that crap is completely clueless on what good coffee should taste like ,you people are losers the minute you step foot in Tim Hortons

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 2:50 PM
arf

^^Agreed, but Tim's has the market cornered for convenience in Eastern Canada. Western Canada in spots is getting bad. Regina has moved from 7 to 13 franchises within the last two years. St. John's had more than 30 franchises with a bit less population.

There's lots of good options in Regina. There's still at least one Robin' and a Country Style for the coffee/donut places and for coffee there's a wealth of decent places that aren't Timmies. Stone's Throw is right by the university, there's Java Express which is maybe my favourite smaller chain in the city. Heck McDonald's apparently serves a decent brew that one of my cubemates swears by.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.John View Post
I agree with you 100%, does Tim Horton have a monopoly on coffee sales in Canada? personally I refuse to drink that petroleum by product they call coffee, and I'll go further by stating that anyone who likes that crap is completely clueless on what good coffee should taste like ,you people are losers the minute you step foot in Tim Hortons
So anybody who doesn't like what you like is clueless and a loser? Got it.
It's better than that garbage fluid they sell as shitbucks..

Tims is cheap. Not everyone can afford to pay $6 for a shot of coffee you know.. I find your post absolutely ignorant.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 3:33 PM
So very tired...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post

Tims is cheap. Not everyone can afford to pay $6 for a shot of coffee you know.. I find your post absolutely ignorant.
I'm certainly not a fan of Starbucks but anyone who claims Tims coffee is better clearly douses their brew with shitloads of cream and sugar. Those who actually like the taste of coffee will drink anything but tims. It is weak, flavourless crap.

And as for ignorant, SB sells their large cup (16oz) for 2.52, not 6....

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post

Here's a novel idea how about brewing your own coffee? that is if a person of your limited intelligence can figure out how to do it..PS you have to boil water

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulliver View Post
I'm certainly not a fan of Starbucks but anyone who claims Tims coffee is better clearly douses their brew with shitloads of cream and sugar. Those who actually like the taste of coffee will drink anything but tims. It is weak, flavourless crap.
I'm not a huge coffee drinker... and I only like my home-made stuff, Horton's and McDonalds coffee. I'll tak this "weak, flavourless crap" over Starbucks and other places any day of the weak... and I'm saving money to boot. And I don't "douse it with shitloads of cream and sugar".

I never understand why people get all riled about about someone's preference in coffee. It's a beverage... you drink it... that's it. I don't see the same amount of hate over people's preferences on burgers, steaks, soft drinks, etc. In fact, it's hilarious that it bothers people so much that others like Hortons - they'll purposely come into a thread about Hortons and bash the product. We get you don't like their coffee... so why are you in this thread? Nothing better to do?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.John View Post
Here's a novel idea how about brewing your own coffee? that is if a person of your limited intelligence can figure out how to do it..PS you have to boil water
This post makes you seem a lot more limited in intelligence than anyone posting their preference in Tim Hortons coffee.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 4:29 PM
So very tired...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
I'm not a huge coffee drinker... and I only like my home-made stuff, Horton's and McDonalds coffee. I'll tak this "weak, flavourless crap" over Starbucks and other places any day of the weak... and I'm saving money to boot. And I don't "douse it with shitloads of cream and sugar".

I never understand why people get all riled about about someone's preference in coffee. It's a beverage... you drink it... that's it. I don't see the same amount of hate over people's preferences on burgers, steaks, soft drinks, etc. In fact, it's hilarious that it bothers people so much that others like Hortons - they'll purposely come into a thread about Hortons and bash the product. We get you don't like their coffee... so why are you in this thread? Nothing better to do?
So who said it bothers me? And how do you figure I'm riled up? I just honestly don't understand how anyone can think that coffee tastes good. It baffles me. That's all there is to it. It is really so terrible tasting IMO that I can only conclude that people who claim it is good (black, especially) have terrible taste in coffee. I would claim the very same to someone who stated they prefer the chicken-fried steak at Denny's to a nice cut from The Keg. Sorry about your luck.

And yeah, it's a lazy Sunday morning, so no, I don't have anything better to do. Are you saying that only people who like tims coffee should be able to participate in this thread?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
This post makes you seem a lot more limited in intelligence than anyone posting their preference in Tim Hortons coffee.
OOOOOh check out the big brain on Berklon, my comments were in reference to Vids statement on why people who hate Tim Hortons keep buying their products, if you happen to like their coffee well that's your problem, but if you hate the stuff don't keep buying then complain

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 6:04 PM

If they say the odds are 1 in 6 can't you give them 6 loser tabs and get a coffee or a donut or something? I've done it before with those old contests they used to have with the plastic tab under the caps of pop bottles.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 6:21 PM
Torontonian Refugee

My god, are you people seriously falling to coffee trolls? The easiest way to get mr.John et al. to shut up is to ignore them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post

The environment!
Disregard the environment, acquire Tim Hortons cups.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada