HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
That was waaaaayyyyy too cute!!! Made me smile.
not sure what which is more cute.......you or the mother and child. thanks for passing it forward.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancore View Post
not sure what which is more cute.......you or the mother and child. thanks for passing it forward.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Welp, it looks like The ATX has abandoned us, folks. I had been busy and hadn't been on the forum every single day over the last two+ weeks, but I did notice his imgur links weren't working. Then I noticed he hadn't been on in a few days or so. I remembered that he also posted on Urban Planet, and he left a farewell message there. It had to do with the riots and protests and him losing his appetite for urban development because of it.

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/t...d-out-forever/

I even sent him an email a week ago, but he hasn't responded, so I guess he's not coming back.
So, he had a problem with councilmen and women marching in black lives matter protests because there were isolated incidents of destruction of property? That seems really silly. Where is all the Austin destruction?

Old Posted Jun 25, 2020, 2:37 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerover View Post
So, he had a problem with councilmen and women marching in black lives matter protests because there were isolated incidents of destruction of property? That seems really silly. Where is all the Austin destruction?
Well, I remember him saying he was from Minneapolis and I'm sure the destruction there was the reason. He probably still has family there, too. I can get political on here and on Facebook and let my opinion be well known with no holding back, but I keep it to the current events section on the forum and try to bite my tongue other times elsewhere on here. Self control is a phrase that keeps coming to mind on many subjects lately.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2020, 11:45 PM

Well...a few days ago I posted that my wife's co-worker at her bank tested positive for Covid, Today my wife tested positive for it. I guess I'm next. My boss told me I have to quarantine for 14 days. They are going to get with everyone I worked with in the last week. I'm calling my Doctor tomorrow to see when and if I need to be tested. It's real folks. It finally hit home. Its a good thing this is happening now while I'm still employed and have insurance. I'm set to retire 7/20 and won't have insurance for a while after that.
Be careful everyone...Btw, my wife said she lost her sense of taste and smell a few days ago and had bad headaches and stomach issues, but no fever.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2020, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Well...a few days ago I posted that my wife's co-worker at her bank tested positive for Covid, Today my wife tested positive for it. I guess I'm next. My boss told me I have to quarantine for 14 days. They are going to get with everyone I worked with in the last week. I'm calling my Doctor tomorrow to she when and if I need to be tested. It's real folks. It finally hit home. Its a good thing this is happening now while I'm still employed and have insurance. I'm set to retire 7/20 and won't have insurance for a while after that.
Be careful everyone...
Wow, that's crazy Genral, I'm so sorry. Be safe and take it slow 'n' easy!

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 12:27 AM

Be safe Genral. I only hope the best for you and your wife!

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 2:24 AM
Meh

Man, I hate reading that. Take care of yourselves and everyone else.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 4:01 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Well...a few days ago I posted that my wife's co-worker at her bank tested positive for Covid, Today my wife tested positive for it. I guess I'm next. My boss told me I have to quarantine for 14 days. They are going to get with everyone I worked with in the last week. I'm calling my Doctor tomorrow to see when and if I need to be tested. It's real folks. It finally hit home. Its a good thing this is happening now while I'm still employed and have insurance. I'm set to retire 7/20 and won't have insurance for a while after that.
Be careful everyone...Btw, my wife said she lost her sense of taste and smell a few days ago and had bad headaches and stomach issues, but no fever.
Really sorry to hear, sending good energy you and your wife's way. I figure it's only a matter that either I or one of my coworkers catches it. I've asked them to reduce the customer capacity down to 10, currently it's at 15. It's not easy to physical distance there. If Austin reaches stage 5, then I will stay at home again.

As for ATX leaving,
I am sorry to hear. It's a shame that he has lost interest in urban development because of the rioting that occurred in some cities across the country. I do feel that it was a bit vague to say no political posts without really specifying what constitutes as "political" aside from obvious statements, but at least I know why he didn't reply to my query. That is all I will say about this matter, other than I wish him well.

Last edited by Jdawgboy; Jun 26, 2020 at 4:25 AM.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 5:43 AM

Thanks guys, I appreciate your concerns and kindness. See, it finally hit one of us. I really don't have any symptoms like my wife, not yet anyway, but I'm probably going to get tested soon. I think we are all in for a rude awakening about opening back up too soon.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 2:01 PM
Resident Moron

Stay safe, If you haven't already buy one of those blood oxygen readers off Amazon. It's the most useful daily info you can get about the impact of covid.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks guys, I appreciate your concerns and kindness. See, it finally hit one of us. I really don't have any symptoms like my wife, not yet anyway, but I'm probably going to get tested soon. I think we are all in for a rude awakening about opening back up too soon.
Very sorry to hear about your wife. Take care of her, but take care of yourself, too. My wife had the virus in March and we managed to get her through without anyone else at home getting sick. She stayed in the bedroom, all of the time, and only came out to use the bathroom. We brought her food and left it at her door. We wore masks. We frequently washed our hands. That stuff is a pain, but it works - and it's far easier to be inconvenienced than it is to survive this thing, once you get it. Take care, everyone.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoOgE View Post
Stay safe, If you haven't already buy one of those blood oxygen readers off Amazon. It's the most useful daily info you can get about the impact of covid.
Thanks StoogE, took your advise and just ordered one.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resansom View Post
Very sorry to hear about your wife. Take care of her, but take care of yourself, too. My wife had the virus in March and we managed to get her through without anyone else at home getting sick. She stayed in the bedroom, all of the time, and only came out to use the bathroom. We brought her food and left it at her door. We wore masks. We frequently washed our hands. That stuff is a pain, but it works - and it's far easier to be inconvenienced than it is to survive this thing, once you get it. Take care, everyone.
Glad you all got through it ok, You have given me hope.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 1:31 AM

Best wishes for you and your family. Take good care of her and please update us here.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
Best wishes for you and your family. Take good care of her and please update us here.
Thank you sir. I will, and I will. You've been around a bit longer than me. Ever seen anything like this before?

Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 3:37 PM

These are screenshots from the 183 expansion webcam from the last three days all are from 9:30 AM. You can really see the Saharan dust rolling in.

Thursday morning

Friday morning

This morning

Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 5:37 PM

I'm seeing a lot of that today. Its amazing the distance it traveled. At least it isn't smog or wildfire smoke and its just passing through.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 2:55 PM

I swear there are some camels wandering around downtown.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 7:26 PM
Meh

We drove up to Lometa, Texas yesterday, a tiny town about 100 miles northwest of Austin, and the drive was pretty amazing seeing the dust, but ugly also.

On the virus, the only other person I know personally who had it is my mother in law. She's doing fine as far as I know. She's actually my sister in law's mom.

Another family friend thinks she had it this spring. She worked through the shutdown. She's an accountant at a car dealer. She's about 60 years old. She came home one day with fever and chills wrapped up in a blanket. She lives with her elderly parents, who are both about 85 years old. The two of them haven't gone anywhere since this all began, and we haven't seen them since about October. Anyway, their daughter stayed in her room and they pushed blankets up against the door. She's doing fine. We talked with them on the phone yesterday.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin