HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 11:14 PM
BANNED

Trantor, please says me where this new Copan is, while I arrived just yesterday from Europe and since 2 years i had never beeing in SP, so I don`t know where it is. I had already heard in SSC. I stay in Casa Branca Street near Av. Paulista now and want to make some more photos. BTW I visited today Av. Paulista and noticed that The Ed. Santa Catarina is already completed in exterior with glass and cladding. Very nice, although the appearance from Ruy Othake renderings is quite different to the result. The rendering was more interesting and the result quite different in the rear for elevator tower in grey seems a little bit out from the architecture form. This time I recognize SP blds are not that tall comparing to ones in UAE. Maybe one reason was the fact my references changed abroad visiting other cities and now I see SP bldgs goes not more between 60-110m high. The city is an ocean of blds in middle high but none mark has. I noticed in Av. Paulista region new antennas on the top of some bldgs and the corner of the avenue with Pamplona and Brigaderio Luis Antonio where Gas stations were, it has now a bank office and a farmacy, quite different. They are constructing a new one besides Citicorp and only 2 old residencies houses from Café time was left, both now abandoned also, the Mc donald`s does not exist there anymore and even next Conjunto Nacional the other house is unfortunatly decadent also.

Last edited by M.K.; Feb 2, 2007 at 11:25 PM.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkmillenium View Post
Olga, if you like the Edifício Sao Vito architecture, then you would like also the Copan one
Yes, I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trantor
there is a new building in São Paulo that looks like a modern version of the Copan
Cool. It looks like a huge Alvar Aalto vase:

Ooops, sorry for being a bit off topic!

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 11:30 PM
BANNED

Those architecture form type were form the `60 years where a lot of Corbisier tendency from architects here based on. The use of the old copan at the old center of the city is quite miserable but the new Copan seems to be an office for rich companies.

I like the form your vase in glass. Pretty cool, olga.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 2:40 AM
FUS RO DAH!

the name of that building is Conde de Sarzedas, and its located at Conde de Sarzedas Street, in the Sé neighborhood.

Look for it at GoogleEarth (still u/c at GoogleEarth)
23°33'15.06"S
46°37'56.45"W

near the forum João Mendes Junior highrise, 360 meters southeast of the Sé Cathedral.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 11:34 AM
BANNED

Thanks

Many thanks for sharing the information. For me the Sé Catedral seems to be a little bit out of my reach diameter, but if I hav a chance I will take a look. I noticed that the construction of Eldorado Business Tower is not quite so beautiful as the renderings are, but.... I can not imagine those glasses in windows were imported from outside country. I supposed myself the industry Santa Maria glasses would have beeing here already, the french one. There is also the Nadir Figueiredo glasses that could make or not?

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 12:25 PM
FUS RO DAH!

actually, I do think that the Eldorado is turning quite beautiful!

pics from 08/01/07 (dd/mm/yy)

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 12:38 PM
BANNED

I have heard that the abandoned Eletropaulo structure bldg at Marginal Pinheiros would be imploded because of failure on construction. Is that right? Or I heard wrong? The concrete used in Brazil is quite poor but as the structure stays for a long time there, I immagined surpassing problems with justice and some law processes of privatization, they will finish it, the 30 floors have just to be cladded with windows and interiors. I have heard also it would be for Sao Paulo exchange goods. I am not certain. Will they torn dawn it and then building a new structure??? The room there is quite good for a very imponent bldg. If it would be imploded, maybe they could do a Burj Sao Paulo there with 70 floors. what do you think?

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 12:45 PM
FUS RO DAH!

last time I heard, the Eletropaulo building was bought by Cirella Construction Company, and the company would add 12 floors on its top and finish the building. Another commercial highrise will be built next to it, with 40 floors. The Eletropaulo will reach 42 floors with these 12 new floors.

Last edited by Trantor; Feb 3, 2007 at 12:53 PM.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 2:19 PM
BANNED

Very interesting knowing about. Thanks. do you have some rendering appearance how it looks like??? 42 floor are great, but i will push more than 60 to have a Mark Skyline in the city as most of bldgs pass not upper than 150m high.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture