HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 6, 2024, 2:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
Fronter airlines is bringing back nonstop service between SLC and ORD. Three flights, beginning June 14th.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50972476...port-this-year
Not just ORD, but SFO, PDX, ONT, DFW and CLE as well. Frontier making a push

Old Posted Apr 6, 2024, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
Not just ORD, but SFO, PDX, ONT, DFW and CLE as well. Frontier making a push
Yeah, they're pushing all over but I'm not a fan of the Frontier experience personally.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2024, 3:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Yeah, they're pushing all over but I'm not a fan of the Frontier experience personally.
I seen enough! I don’t like Frontier Airlines. That’s why I refused to fly them. They charged you for seats, checked baggage, carryon and else. I knew flights are always delayed and they never be on time. That’s big problem! Just stay away from Frontier Airlines!

Old Posted Apr 7, 2024, 3:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
I seen enough! I don’t like Frontier Airlines. That’s why I refused to fly them. They charged you for seats, checked baggage, carryon and else. I knew flights are always delayed and they never be on time. That’s big problem! Just stay away from Frontier Airlines!
Low cost carriers like frontier, allegiant, spirit and breeze have a place. Yes, they nickel and dime for different things, but if you are smart, you can find fantastic deals. Even the big 3 are charging for every little thing for basic economy

Old Posted Apr 7, 2024, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Low cost carriers like frontier, allegiant, spirit and breeze have a place. Yes, they nickel and dime for different things, but if you are smart, you can find fantastic deals. Even the big 3 are charging for every little thing for basic economy
They take lost cost to another level, they're even titled Ultra lost cost carriers (ULCC) by most airline segmentation rankings I see, which is a step lower than Southwest which is a LCC.

I'm sure you can get great deals, and I know people who will happily spend the lowest possible amount on flying and be perfectly happy doing so. I'd rather not, my concern is more so around corner cutting for other important factors like safety. Whether or not anything has happened, I just don't want the cheapest thing for certain activities in life. Be it medical care or flying, those aren't the things I want the cheapest of.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2024, 7:15 PM

Quote:
They take lost cost to another level, they're even titled Ultra lost cost carriers (ULCC) by most airline segmentation rankings I see, which is a step lower than Southwest which is a LCC.

I'm sure you can get great deals, and I know people who will happily spend the lowest possible amount on flying and be perfectly happy doing so. I'd rather not, my concern is more so around corner cutting for other important factors like safety. Whether or not anything has happened, I just don't want the cheapest thing for certain activities in life. Be it medical care or flying, those aren't the things I want the cheapest of.
I mean, I get it sure. I prefer the bigger airlines when I can, but the ULCC server their purpose and the vast majority of the time, work just fine.

Also, calling Southwest a LCC is pretty false. I know they started that way, but they are typically very comparable or even more expensive than the big 3

Old Posted Apr 8, 2024, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I mean, I get it sure. I prefer the bigger airlines when I can, but the ULCC server their purpose and the vast majority of the time, work just fine.

Also, calling Southwest a LCC is pretty false. I know they started that way, but they are typically very comparable or even more expensive than the big 3
That’s how they group SWA, I don’t make the definitions but I think the lack of things like first class and airport lounges for the LCC mold pretty directly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-cost_carrier

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 12:52 AM

I hate flying Frontier and I definitely prefer to fly Delta if the cost is similar. However, sometimes it's worth suffering for a few hours so that you don't have to spend your entire budget just getting where your going.

When I was in my 20s, I took the time to figure out how to travel with just a personal item so that I didn't have to pay their stupid baggage fees. That's harder to do with a family of course.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 2:31 AM

Quote:
That’s how they group SWA, I don’t make the definitions but I think the lack of things like first class and airport lounges for the LCC mold pretty directly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-cost_carrier
yeah, I get that they are still considered LCC, but they certainly don't seem to be as cost competitive today as they were years ago.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 8:59 PM

Quote:
I appreciate the low-cost business model and will happily fly Spirit & Allegiant with an understanding of what trade-offs I have to make for the low fare, but Frontier treats their customers with such contempt that it isn't worth the savings. The last time I flew Frontier their gate agents handled the passengers with such indignity while enforcing their baggage charge policy that I will never subject my family to that experience again nomatter the cost.

I'm pretty sure their employees earn bonuses based on the number of people they upcharge for having more than one personal item. They were constantly yelling at passengers during boarding and forced everyone to place every item in their possession in the baggage sizer before allowing them on the plane. They tried to charge another family $99 at the gate before allowing them to board because their child had a small backpack and was also carrying a stuffed animal...

Last edited by arkhitektor; Apr 9, 2024 at 11:00 PM.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
I hate flying Frontier and I definitely prefer to fly Delta if the cost is similar. However, sometimes it's worth suffering for a few hours so that you don't have to spend your entire budget just getting where your going.

When I was in my 20s, I took the time to figure out how to travel with just a personal item so that I didn't have to pay their stupid baggage fees. That's harder to do with a family of course.
Absolutely agreed!! It’s very bad airlines. I don’t like Frontier, Spirit, Allegiant and Sun Country, as well. Just stay away from ULCC! I prefer to flying on American Airlines and Delta Air Lines.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2024, 4:12 AM
Exit 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Absolutely agreed!! It’s very bad airlines. I don’t like Frontier, Spirit, Allegiant and Sun Country, as well. Just stay away from ULCC! I prefer to flying on American Airlines and Delta Air Lines.
Frontier felt like riding Megabus.

I know it's rooting for the "home team," but honestly, I've really come to love Delta. Had a flight delayed 8+ hours SJA -> SLC a few years ago. And Delta brought out snacks and soft drinks for everyone. Brought out coloring books for the kids. And were very communicative about the flight's status.

Frontier spent half the flight trying to hawk their credit card.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West