HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 1:23 AM

Folsom Street Cubes

timbad's post

timbad - I want to be across the street when this one is built:

1) to see how the windows are washed
2) to see how the water cascades down the side of the building in a heavy rain

(I'm actually sort of hoping the project that wraps around this one gets redesigned to give the block some height variation)

that is another stretch of Folsom that could potentially get quite livened up if all of the cluster of proposed projects there actually get going. and it may work to link up Moscone Folsom with Transbay/Rincon/East Cut Folsom[/QUOTE]

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 2:23 AM

Pedestrian's right, there are still many tall buildings in the works, but not too many over 450 feet. But his image of "The Hub" shows the shorter two-tower 10 South Van Ness. Planning prefers the single-tower 610 foot version (590 + 20 foot screen), and there eyeing an even taller one in that same area.

There are also still a few 500+ footers planned for the Transbay area, but it may be a while before we see them break ground...

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 2:00 AM

1001 Van Ness Avenue Demolition

I see the former KRON Channel 4 building is being demolished to make way for a high-rise. See link to Handel Architects for drawing of the new building here:

https://handelarchitects.com/project/1001-van-ness

1001 Van Ness Avenue, San Franacisco

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 7:24 PM

^^The project (1001 Van Ness) has a thread. I will copy this there.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 4:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
^^The project (1001 Van Ness) has a thread. I will copy this there.
thanks Pedestrian - I will see if I can find the thread & add to my list

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 9:35 PM
Birds Aren't Real!

Visa to vastly expand SF headquarters with move to Giants waterfront project

Roland Li
sfchronicle.com
Nov. 6, 2019

Visa plans to more than double the size of its San Francisco headquarters with a move to near the San Francisco Giants’ ballpark.

On Tuesday, the payments company signed a lease for an entire 300,000-square-foot, 13-story office tower planned at the Giants’ Mission Rock waterfront project, the company told The Chronicle. The building has space for 1,500 employees. Visa plans to move in early 2024 from One Market Plaza near the Embarcadero, where it has 650 workers.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 11:48 PM
Show me the blueprints

Nice looking project but it probably forever squanders a potential underground tunnel row for Caltrain up 2nd to Transbay or new Bart line wrapping around or under ATT Park. But thus seems to be the standard practice in SF.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 4:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Nice looking project but it probably forever squanders a potential underground tunnel row for Caltrain up 2nd to Transbay or new Bart line wrapping around or under ATT Park. But thus seems to be the standard practice in SF.
This project is prob a half mile or so from the Caltrain / HSR line and in no way will affect any plans for tunneling. Totally unrelated.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 1:43 PM
Show me the blueprints

^I'm completely aware of that. As recently as last year (and may be lamented in the future) Third St was an alternative for the Caltrain/HSR DTE. The vicintity could also potentially see a cross-Market Bart line years in the future and securing an underground row or just building it now would have been extremely wise.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 3:08 PM

The city backed a Pennsylvania Street alignment for the Caltrain undergrounding a year ago.

Tunneling would happen under the streets anyway.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 6:29 PM
Show me the blueprints

^I'm also completely aware of that. You're not going to tell me anything I don't already know. The point I'm making is that they should accomodate some sort of underground tunnel section for the potential of a furture rail line as the Mission Rock lot is really the only one were such a row could be accomodated now without going under the foundations of existing structures, many brand new.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
^... You're not going to tell me anything I don't already know. The point I'm making is that they should accomodate some sort of underground tunnel section for the potential of a furture rail line as the Mission Rock lot is really the only one were such a row could be accomodated now...
Both WC and I are attempting to point out that what you're saying is not pertinent or correct.

In no way, does the Mission Rock 'lot' impede or pertain to any plans, routes, approved alternate routes, etc for trains or tunnels. That said, there's no way for Mission Rock to accommodate 'such a row'. The rail line already has a right of way which runs on an identical pathway to the existing Caltrain depot on 4th and King/Townsend.

And just to clarify, the Mission Rock project is located east of 3rd and bound by Mission Creek, the bay, and Mission Rock St.

Last edited by BobbyMucho; Nov 14, 2019 at 11:03 PM.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 11:08 PM
Birds Aren't Real!

There are no concrete plans to run any tunnels under this site, nor would its development preclude future BART or Caltrain expansions.

And a second transbay rail tunnel would be better planned to hit San Francisco at either the existing rail infrastructure under Salesforce Transit Center, or failing that, somewhere adjacent to the new Chase Center, hospitals, and UCSF campus further south of the ballpark.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 7:34 AM
heavy user of walkability

altho it's fine to have it here too, we seem to be putting Mission Rock news (including, previously, the link to this article) in the Mission Bay thread

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 11:29 PM
Birds Aren't Real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
altho it's fine to have it here too, we seem to be putting Mission Rock news (including, previously, the link to this article) in the Mission Bay thread
Ok, cool. I haven't followed that thread, but I will now.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
^ here's an older picture I took from Potrero Hill. Pretty similar angle to the one you get from 101 North.

The 5M Development will also help fill in the gaps next to the Intercontinental Hotel.
I remember how excited I was when Salesforce was under construction but now that it's complete I'm just bored with it now. I need another supertall to go up to get high again lol!

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 10:58 PM

UCSF Laurel Heights project approved

developer's site

Quote:
... the San Francisco Board of Supervisors unanimously approved a plan to transform the UCSF Laurel Heights campus into a 744-unit housing and retail complex.

... the proposal includes 186 affordable units for seniors, a child care facility, 5 acres of open space and 35,000 square feet of retail.

The project would be one of the largest built in that area of the city, which includes wealthy neighborhoods that have resisted both affordable and market-rate housing in recent decades.

Though opponents can still file a lawsuit over the project, the developer has a secret weapon: The proposal is covered under a state law that would speed up any court challenge to 270 days. The development team, San Francisco-based Prado Group and SKS Partners, hopes to break ground by early 2021, after UCSF, which occupies the hulking office building now on the site, moves its employees to Mission Bay next year.
... trees ... took up the bulk of the discussion Tuesday night. ...the UCSF campus ... has long been treated as an unofficial play space and dog park.

The developers emphasized that the project would be tree-friendly. Though a total of 226 existing trees will be axed, 512 new trees will be planted, including 88 street trees next to the property. ...

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigs View Post
Ok, cool. I haven't followed that thread, but I will now.
a list of SF Bay Area threads can be found here:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/tags...=san+francisco

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 7:02 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
a list of SF Bay Area threads can be found here:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/tags...=san+francisco
Thank you Tim—this was very helpful!

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
...this was very helpful!
I'm very glad!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations