HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Closed Thread

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 5:47 PM

Es obvio. To build wealth, young people need to own property.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 1:41 AM

Old Posted Jan 8, 2021, 1:33 PM

Wasn't sure exactly what thread to put this in.
Major Tree Planting Project Taking Place in Midtown

Adding new or replacing dead trees on:
10th Street
14th Street
Peachtree Walk
Williams Street

Old Posted Jan 8, 2021, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
Es obvio. To build wealth, young people need to own property.
oh is that all it takes?

Old Posted Jan 8, 2021, 11:44 PM

Again to be obvious, home ownership is a major part of building wealth for most.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2021, 4:52 AM

Just as a heads-up, quite a few apartments are needing to be refinanced under the terms of their loan agreements over the next months and years. Currently “economic occupancy” rate (percentage of tenants actually paying rent divided by total units) has fallen considerably, rents are plunging in many cities, and a large portion of these projects have to service debt in excess of revenues which results in reduced operating budgets and more deferred maintenance. There will be quite a few delinquencies on multifamily loans, resulting in lower property values with a hit to the tax rolls. A lot of the debt is not "private label", meaning taxpayers are on the hook to bail out the lenders. The developers and lenders will be sitting fat and happy somewhere on a beach.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2021, 7:38 AM

The city (midtown in particular) been looking THICC lately. The increased density is becoming evident even from distant skyline views.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunking1056 View Post
The city (midtown in particular) been looking THICC lately. The increased density is becoming evident even from distant skyline views.
Yes, it's becoming quite evident.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 7:29 AM

My white friends in Berkeley Park are complaining that some form of reverse gentrification is happening in their neighborhood. They bring up gunshots and other loud noises 24/7, robberies, large parties etc. Is this a problem or just a form of elitism for want of a better word? They blame the mayor who is said to be a crony of the former mayor and this time they'll vote instead for the city council chairlady from NW Atlanta whose name escapes me.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 4:40 PM

Quote:
My white friends in Berkeley Park are complaining that some form of reverse gentrification is happening in their neighborhood. They bring up gunshots and other loud noises 24/7, robberies, large parties etc. Is this a problem or just a form of elitism for want of a better word? They blame the mayor who is said to be a crony of the former mayor and this time they'll vote instead for the city council chairlady from NW Atlanta whose name escapes me.
Are you not white?

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 5:30 PM

Yeah but what's your point? I'm just curious how this issue is perceived by the community. Is it more economic or race thing?

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 5:41 PM

Quote:
It's usually the latter.

I don't understand why they'd blame it on KLB for being a crony of Reed, when the things they're complaining about went down under Reed. I'd blame the pandemic before the mayor.

Felicia Moore

Last edited by Pemgin; Mar 12, 2021 at 5:54 PM.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 5:55 PM

What went down under Reed?
By the way, my old hippie friends in SE Atlanta don't give a crap about all of this.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 5:55 PM

Crime generally decreased across the board during Reed's administration.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 6:04 PM

Quote:
The problem is a citywide one. The Southwest Atlanta neighborhoods are up in arms over it too.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 7:21 PM
i ain't no bubba

I downloaded the Citizen app on my phone last Friday when I heard 5 gunshots outside my building in Midtown. The app monitored an area within a few miles of my location and pinged all weekend with car-jackings, shootings, street racing, stolen vehicles, accidents, etc. It was rather unnerving how many incidents were occurring in areas where I regularly walk. I haven't decided whether its better to be blissfully unaware or informed of everything going on.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 7:55 PM

Quote:
You talking about Felicia Moore?

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 8:29 PM

Yes. She's hot. But what I say is the kiss of death.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 10:36 PM

This conversation is getting worse by the second....

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 11:06 PM

Moore isn't the real deal to me but my opinion doesn't matter. What matters is what an Atlanta voter thinks, and I got an earful yesterday from a typical metrosexual young Atlanta. I was kinda shocked about the concern for safety.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta