HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion

Old Posted Oct 27, 2013, 11:21 PM

^Yeah, the city was established in 1846 but other important events pre-date that moment in history. I do think 1813 is when Hamilton became a 'police village' and then 1833 is when it was incorporated as a town and so on. I think these events should be celebrated, though it could get a little confusing, I suppose.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2021, 11:15 PM

Hello - great thread. With regards to the location of Strongman's Road. From the top, it started on Concession St. at the very west end of Sam Lawrence Park, just east of Belvidere Ave. It went down the hill at a pretty steep incline and ended at the Claremont Road. We rode our bikes down it in the late 1960s, early '70s. I'm new here - how do I load a photo to accompany this? When I press the Attach image icon, I'm asked for a URL, and want load a JPG. Thanks.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2021, 5:41 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpm View Post
Hello - great thread. With regards to the location of Strongman's Road. From the top, it started on Concession St. at the very west end of Sam Lawrence Park, just east of Belvidere Ave. It went down the hill at a pretty steep incline and ended at the Claremont Road. We rode our bikes down it in the late 1960s, early '70s. I'm new here - how do I load a photo to accompany this? When I press the Attach image icon, I'm asked for a URL, and want load a JPG. Thanks.
That would be great to see!

Photos need to be hosted on another website; this one doesn't support uploaded images. Hence the need for a URL.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2021, 1:54 AM

Seven-and-a-half years since the last post! Don't think I have the energy to revive the thing...

Also, a lot has happened since 2013. Perhaps we're more forward looking now.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion