PENN 15 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Good one, Comrade Guevara.
You haven’t refuted anything that has been said. If you’d like to trade juvenile insults, feel free to pm me.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 2:53 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
It's full of businesses catering to people who aren't rich, is what I suspect. That and tourists staying in the area.

Gotta get rid of everything that isn't luxury retail or high end dining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Thats what im wondering why are people calling a place dumpy with multiple ethnicities of people and guess what...

This place has more culture and good people then a tourist location like 42nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK1985 View Post
Ground level retail high end and lower end are part of the lifeblood of the city. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean that it’s disgusting. I can tell you that once these are wiped out it will be replaced with a bank branch or Walgreens/Duane Reade.

All perfect points. My problem with the area stems from the lack of density. The busiest transit center in the country should be the center of a dense environment. But New York isn't only about office space, retail has a large part in the show as well. Vornado, which is in the retail business, knows this. It's why sites 7 and 8 (Hotel Penn & Manhattan Mall) will have nearly double the retail that is there now. It's why nearly all of the office towers on Manhattan streets have required retail.

The best aspect of New York is it's streetlife, and a mix of cultures on those streets. You have office workers (and other workers) mixed in with shoppers mixed in with tourists mixed in with students and just plain ordinary people going for a walk. The "hum" of the taxis and buses, the "blaring" of the horns and sirens. It's that mixture that makes the atmosphere so great. We have to be smart about how we redevelop areas, and how much of the atmosphere that makes New York, New York we could lose is not done properly. To this day, people still complain about what Times Square has become, and many people don't like the Hudson Yards (even though one was a dangerous and seedy place, the other a desolate and out of the way wasteland).

Yeah, we can put modern infrastructure (skyscrapers) to support office growth in the area without erasing what draws New Yorkers to the area in the first place. And that's what you want to keep, people who go into the area because they want to be there, not just people who go because it's where work is. We don't want a sterile environment. We want it to be everything that New York is, so New Yorkers don't feel like strangers in their own city.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 3:49 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

The issue wasn't with you NYGuy

JM calling the strip disgusting with the picture of all different types of people and basically shitting on the neighborhood is what people had the issue with.

I think people need to think about what they say out their mouth.

Anyway back to the project F**k that bullsh*t

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK1985 View Post
Ground level retail high end and lower end are part of the lifeblood of the city. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean that it’s disgusting. I can tell you that once these are wiped out it will be replaced with a bank branch or Walgreens/Duane Reade. Robertwalpole/Londonlawyer/jmkeynes has a clear M.O. here so I’ve gotten used to ignoring it.

Oh stop being so ridiculously sensitive. The shops are trash. The architecture is trash. If you can’t see that then you’re blind or, even worse, you have absolutely no taste.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:

JM calling the strip disgusting with the picture of all different types of people and basically shitting on the neighborhood is what people had the issue with.

You really need to try less hard to find things that offend you. That goes everybody in this country, not just you.

Take a couple breaths.

Meditate.

Feel better?

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 12:37 PM
BANNED

P.S.: This is urban splendor and is the direct opposite of the cesspool by Penn Station.

Last edited by JMKeynes; Mar 4, 2021 at 2:31 PM.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico44 View Post
Oh stop being so ridiculously sensitive. The shops are trash. The architecture is trash. If you can’t see that then you’re blind or, even worse, you have absolutely no taste.
Reread what I said and take a seat. I’m not advocating for the shops per say. I’m commenting on the perverse nature of what a particular commenter consistently advocating for the whitewashing of ny. If you don’t like it maybe you should be less sensitive. As for your ad hominem attack, i don’t have time to deal with keyboard warriors so I’ll say this as nicely as I possibly can, Maybe you should go back to KC.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 3:59 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
You really need to try less hard to find things that offend you. That goes everybody in this country, not just you.

Take a couple breaths.

Meditate.

Feel better?
Dude the guy literally said that strip was disgusting.

Please stop being blind to the facts, that strip was bustling and is used by regular people everyday, sorry its not up to your Starbucks standards dick.

There aint even trash on that corner. Fuck is so disgusting about it.

how about y'all stop finding stuff to offend you leave that strip alone and go elsewhere.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 4:14 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:

P.S.: This is urban splendor and is the direct opposite of the cesspool by Penn Station.

Cute example.

Just like the 50 others strips that are just like this right?

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 4:39 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:

Oh, I know, and I’m in total agreement.

Quote:
A ridiculous comment.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 4:40 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:

What you call urban splendor, I see as devoid of life and the street activity that makes a great city a great city. The day the area around Penn Station turns into this, you know NYC has died. That’s fine for a quiet, residential area though.

And btw, if that’s the New York you want, then you don’t want New York. It’s always been a busy, noisy, and yes, sometimes dirty city. That’s because life is lived and experienced on its streets.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 4:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
What you call urban splendor, I see as devoid of life and the street activity that makes a great city a great city. The day the area around Penn Station turns into this, you know NYC has died. That’s fine for a quiet, residential area though.

And btw, if that’s the New York you want, then you don’t want New York. It’s always been a busy, noisy, and yes, sometimes dirty city. That’s because life is lived and experienced on its streets.
That's the NY I grew up with and love. There are also amazing shops one block to the east and one block to the west.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 7:45 PM

So the more and more that I look at the Foster design, it’s starting to grow on me.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 6:17 AM

Quote:
I completely agree. That stretch South of 34th St. needs to be completely torn down. It’s just crazy to find all those nasty stores, homeless, drug addicts in such a central location. You wouldn’t find that in London, Paris or Tokyo. Hopefully once this whole area is redeveloped the city or the future empire district association will keep this part of the city clean.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 6:19 AM

Quote:
Dude the guy literally said that strip was disgusting.

Please stop being blind to the facts, that strip was bustling and is used by regular people everyday, sorry its not up to your Starbucks standards dick.

There aint even trash on that corner. Fuck is so disgusting about it.

how about y'all stop finding stuff to offend you leave that strip alone and go elsewhere.
Is Starbucks supposed to be high end???? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 1:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimol742 View Post
I completely agree. That stretch South of 34th St. needs to be completely torn down. It’s just crazy to find all those nasty stores, homeless, drug addicts in such a central location. You wouldn’t find that in London, Paris or Tokyo. Hopefully once this whole area is redeveloped the city or the future empire district association will keep this part of the city clean.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 4:31 PM
New Yorker for life

Where do they find these idiots....

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...nn-15/2980451/

New York City's Next Empire State Building-Sized Tower Could Be ‘PENN 15'
The proposed structure, still awaiting approval, recently found opposition from elected leaders who asked for more information and review time

By Brian Price
Published April 4, 2021

Quote:
One of New York City's most traveled transit hubs is the focus of a 20-million-square-foot improvement project that includes the construction of a building nearly equal in size to the Empire State Building.

THE CITY reported last week that the Cuomo administration's efforts to push the plan forward are tied to a $1.3 billion appropriation deal proposed in the state budget, in addition to "revenue generated by a massive real estate deal in the surrounding blocks." The governor and state Legislature have yet to agree on a budget after missing the April 1 deadline.

....Rendered diagrams from Vornado have PENN 15 earmarked for the corner of 7th Avenue and 33rd Street. The tower would be comparable in size to the Empire State Building and offers 2.8 million square feet in rentable space.

The developers describe PENN 15 as a "super-tall tower that will become the new standard for office design" in the city and "features a unique side core design to allow for flexible office configurations and terraces on every fourth floor to maximize access to light and air."

In order to see PENN 15, or the any of the other earmarked projects, the plan must be approved by the Empire State Development Corporation. Opposition to the plan surfaced in recent weeks from elected officials concerned about transparency and inadequate review time.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-n...nn-15-20210405

New Empire State-Sized Skyscraper Called PENN 15 Planned For New York

Amelia Ward
05 April 2021

Quote:
Developers described the PENN 15 as a 'super-tall tower that will become the new standard for office design'.

It also 'features a unique side core design to allow for flexible office configurations and terraces on every fourth floor to maximize access to light and air'.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 10:09 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
its funny because PENNIS

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 10:57 PM
Show me the blueprints

Funny is subjective

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 12:58 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I'm all for super talls, especially ESB size super talls but I think given the location, would be nice for a design committee on this one. Hopefully it becomes an icon.

Not a fan of the proposal for this one, design wise. The magnitude... yes... but the design could use some work.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals