HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 2:36 AM

Nice to see financing being made official. Also a few nuggets about the massive scale (who knew it's currently the largest in the US?!) and competition for financing really seem to speak to the continued strength of the Philly residential market:

Quote:
Post Brothers Closes $400M Construction Loan for Long-Awaited Philly Megaproject 

The largest residential development in the U.S. — one that’s been decades in the making — is officially ready to rise. 

Post Brothers and Tower Investments have closed $400 million in financing for their 1.9 million-square-foot mixed-use project at Broad Street and Washington Avenue in Philadelphia, Commercial Observer has learned, and have now broken ground on the mega-development. 

“Lot of lenders were interested [in the financing],” Matt Pestronk, co-founder of Post Brothers, told CO. “We had transacted with both of these lenders multiple times. It’s a big project, especially for outside New York City where there are more projects of this size being built. We found there was a lot of competition for the deal, but we ultimately went with lenders we were comfortable with.”

https://commercialobserver.com/2022/...philadelephia/

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 4:22 AM

I wonder if that includes funding for the 13th St project as well. I thought the Piazza Terminal project has this one beat by just a bit in terms of units, unless maybe they're talking sq ftage

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 3:13 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
I wonder if that includes funding for the 13th St project as well. I thought the Piazza Terminal project has this one beat by just a bit in terms of units, unless maybe they're talking sq ftage
Not sure. This project calls for 1,457 units, but I tend to think the unit count includes both projects.

Piazza Terminal is around 1,150 units.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 3:46 AM

Found this article of what the first phase of 600 apartmentswill consist of. Though not sure how to share the image on here.

Post Brothers, Tower Investments Start Construction of $750M Multifamily Project in Philadelphia

Posted on January 31, 2022 by Taylor Williams

PHILADELPHIA — A partnership between developer Post Brothers and Tower Investments has started construction of Broad & Washington, a $750 million, multi-phase multifamily project in Philadelphia. Designed by BKV Group, the project will consist of 1,457 apartments, 65,000 square feet of retail space and a parking garage.

https://rebusinessonline.com/post-br...-philadelphia/

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 4:34 AM

This one is massive and it looks like it will hold the streetwall quite well with storefronts and numerous entrances. Hopefully they will use some decent quality cladding

Old Posted Apr 1, 2022, 12:23 AM

New PhillyMag article:

"South Broad Megaproject Gets a Makeover"

https://www.phillymag.com/property/2...ource=hs_email

I wasn't aware that the lot across 13th was part of the plan too.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2022, 2:11 AM

Incredible! For dramatic effect, here's the current site: https://goo.gl/maps/sQaLE4kqdbHAGf1p6

Old Posted Apr 1, 2022, 12:28 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
So glad this is getting developed...the empty lots here are like no man's land for decades. It will surely improved the feel and look on Broad/Washington and tie this part of center city together.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2022, 1:19 PM

Whoever owns the surface lots across Washington from this project must be PSYCHED! $$$

Old Posted Apr 4, 2022, 8:06 AM
More of that.

The first page/front page listing this projects details says ‘luxury’ (apartments) which is an unfortunately overused marketing buzz word. Although the massive amenity deck with multiple pools AND CABANAS may earn this project an extra AAA diamond if it were a hotel, I think we should be precise on the specs and use the term ‘market rate rental,’ which is how this project has been positioned for years, and likely remains due to the sheer number of units to be marketed. It’s a peev of mine to see anything less than luxury marketed with that word - and I know very well everyone in this forum is aware of where that line is.

On a more gossipy note, I heard a number that I’m not sure is even physically possible. The number was 2,200 units. Does this sound way off, or am I just not seeing it/imagining it correctly based on the images??

Old Posted Apr 4, 2022, 12:23 PM

A lot of press and marketing is combining this project with the project next door as a single mega-project. I think this one alone will have 1100 units iirc. If the 13th st project has the same amount it's possible I don't remember a unit count on it.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 3:33 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Scale View Post
On a more gossipy note, I heard a number that I’m not sure is even physically possible. The number was 2,200 units. Does this sound way off, or am I just not seeing it/imagining it correctly based on the images??
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
A lot of press and marketing is combining this project with the project next door as a single mega-project. I think this one alone will have 1100 units iirc. If the 13th st project has the same amount it's possible I don't remember a unit count on it.
My understanding is that the total of all phases on both sides of 13th St will be 1,457 units. The article linked above seems to agree:

When completed in 2026, the $750 million project will span 1.9 million square feet and include 1,457 apartments, more than 65,000 square feet of retail space on the ground floor, and a parking garage. The first phase —scheduled for completion in 2024 — will see the building of 600 apartments across four interconnected structures plus 50,000 square feet of ground-floor commercial space.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 2:41 PM

South Broad Megaproject Gets a Makeover

Phases I, II and a future III at 13th & Washington:

Phase I:

Read/view more here:
https://www.phillymag.com/property/2...XGhI0IL6Dx-Hp4

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 5:02 PM

Look at all those flat roofs and not a solar collector in sight. Does the code give any bonus for including solar? On such a big site, it should be either required or highly encouraged.

Is any of the parking below grade?

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 6:17 PM

^ I dont believe there is, there is one for green rooves, but not solar, I do wish there was, and there should be.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 8:05 PM

PWD also bills customers based on how much non-permeable surface they own, so green rooves might end up on this project to save money anyways.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 9:58 PM

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reparcsyks View Post
Crap. I even had roofs originally.

Old Posted May 1, 2022, 5:42 PM

Last edited by tsarstruck; May 2, 2022 at 11:59 AM.

Old Posted May 1, 2022, 10:18 PM

Non Union tower crane base just sitting there

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction