HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 12:50 PM

Salt Lake City & MSA/CSA Rundown

Central Metro Sunset Glo Over Mt. Olympus As Seen From Murray Park

Photo By Ron Rasband

Eastern Metro Sunset Over Mount Timpanogos

Photo By Richard B.

Downtown Update - Official Astra Tower Groundbreaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post

Changing State Street:

January 12, 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder113 View Post
Some pics of the Astra groundbreaking yesterday from KSL:

Our own forum member in on the action! (Schmoe, At Center In Navy Blue Jacket)

https://www.ksl.com/article/50326967...lest-building-

Last edited by delts145; Jan 25, 2023 at 5:01 PM.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 11:39 PM

Downtown Update - 95 So. State - February 2021 thru January 2022 Timeline

https://kutv.com/resources/media/dd4...?1556058476688

View of the 95 S. State Office Tower site on the left and the Liberty Sky Residential Tower site on the right. Background and rising above downtown to the Northeast is the Avenues District

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...er-8.png?ssl=1

Rendering, looking south toward north face of 95 S. State Tower, mid-block Social Hall Avenue and Canopy structure on the left

February 22nd

Photos By Atlas

Updated and New Renderings Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
95 State has finally launched their website.
https://www.95stateslc.com/
I noticed the website included renderings, some I've definitely seen, but a few renderings were definitely new to me as well.

Looking South

Looking East

Floor Cross-Section

95 State Main Lobby

The Link. The design of the meeting house has changed slightly, with what appears to be additional slats than prior renderings.

Patio Area

Patio Area

The Link and City Creek

The Link - Lower Level

Main Lobby

The website also includes a brochure:

April 28, 2021

April 28th - 95 State today, from City Creek:

Photos By Atlas

June 25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretUtah View Post
I have some family in a sky suite at The Regent and I took a couple of pics from their view. I was trying to get all 3 cranes without a glare but I couldn't get one.

Photos By BretUtah

August 21st

Photos By RC14

September 15th

The crane is coming down at 95 S and they have started to add the exterior stone around the base and the chapel.

Photos By BretUtah

September 16th

Photo By Reeder113

October 9th

Photos By Reeder113

December 12th

Photos By BretUtah

December 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
Here are a few more pics of 95 State I just took a few minutes ago. The fencing on the sidewalk was just taken down over the weekend. It looks like the lobby is open as well.

Photos By JohnGalt

January 12, 2022

Photos By Reeder113

Last edited by delts145; Feb 11, 2022 at 7:49 PM.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 9:27 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Downtown Update - 95 So. State - February 2021 thru January 2022 Timeline

https://kutv.com/resources/media/dd4...?1556058476688

View of the 95 S. State Office Tower site on the left and the Liberty Sky Residential Tower site on the right. Background and rising above downtown to the Northeast is the Avenues District

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...er-8.png?ssl=1

Rendering, looking south toward north face of 95 S. State Tower, mid-block Social Hall Avenue and Canopy structure on the left

February 22nd

Photos By Atlas

Updated and New Renderings Added

April 28, 2021

April 28th - 95 State today, from City Creek:

Photos By Atlas

June 25th

Photos By BretUtah

August 21st

Photos By RC14

September 15th

The crane is coming down at 95 S and they have started to add the exterior stone around the base and the chapel.

Photos By BretUtah

September 16th

Photo By Reeder113

October 9th

Photos By Reeder113

December 12th

Photos By BretUtah

December 13th

Photos By JohnGalt

January 12, 2022

Photos By Reeder113

Those buildings in Salt Lake City really looked astonished and amazed all by it looks

Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 1:38 PM

Downtown Update - Hyatt Regency, Convention Center Hotel

Construction on the hotel started Jan. 13 and the grand opening is scheduled for October 2022.

Jason Lee for the Deseret News...Salt Lake County officials, in conjunction with Atlanta-based real estate developer Portman Holdings, broke ground Friday on the building, which the Hyatt Hotels Corp.
will manage and operate as the new Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City. The new hotel will be located at the corner of 200 South and West Temple in downtown Salt Lake City, adjacent to the Salt Palace Convention Center.

Scheduled to open in October 2022, the $377-million project will be partially financed through the Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy program, which allows for specialty financing to enable green energy design and implementation,
a news release stated. The 700-plus room hotel will be among the first “ground-up” developments to utilize the program in the Beehive State...

...“It gives us another layer of sophistication when it comes to attracting bigger and better shows to the state of Utah that helps the entire area. Utah’s going to take a better step in terms of prominence on the national stage because of a
facility like this,” he said. “People that hadn’t considered the state before are now going to say, ‘I need to look at Utah, I need to be in Utah for these conventions.’ That’s what kind of prominence this new center is going to give us.”

The 686,784-square-foot, 26-story hotel will include 700 guest rooms and 60,000 square feet of meeting space, as well as two separate restaurants on the first and sixth floors and a lobby bar. The sixth-floor restaurant will sit adjacent to
an outdoor area with a swimming pool, as well as a 7,500-square-foot outdoor terrace for events and other activities.

The project will be directly connected to the Salt Palace Convention Center to provide convenience for convention attendees, Baisiwala said...

...“This hotel is built directly into the convention center, which makes it exceptionally easy for the convention attendees to go in and out from their hotel rooms into the convention center,” he said. “Perhaps more importantly, it has a lot
of suites — big rooms where VIPs can be housed. And it also has a lot of meeting space which augments the number of meeting rooms of the Salt Palace.”

Salt Lake City's Salt Palace Convention Center. Convention Center Hotel to rise at the far south end pictured here.

https://www.monaco-saltlakecity.com/...r-c3205e56.jpg

Note the Circular Plaza at the bottom, which was the former appearance of the plaza that has now become the construction zone of the new Convention Center Hotel

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...55/SLC+library

January 7th

Photo By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com Convention center hotel site, orange, center. The roof of the Salt Palace Convention Center left-center.

Salt Lake City convention hotel on track for fall 2022 opening

Estimated to cost $377-plus million, Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City is scheduled to be completed and hosting its first guests in the fall of 2022

Janurary 12th - Henry S. Johnson for Global Travel Industry News - https://eturbonews.com/2552484/salt-...-2022-opening/

One year after its groundbreaking ceremony, Salt Lake’s convention hotel — the Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City — is on schedule for completion in October 2022.

The tower concrete construction is completed through level three and the podium steel erection begins later this month. Through the first quarter of 2021, the exterior façade installation will begin, escalators on meeting room levels will be hoisted into place and the vertical construction is slated to continue to progress with topping out of the project to come at the end of this year.

“Seeing the Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City taking shape is both exciting and promising for Salt Lake’s meeting and convention future and the recovery of our visitor economy from the devastating effects of COVID-19,” said Kaitlin Eskelson, president & CEO of Visit Salt Lake.

“Our sales team will soon have everything meeting professionals want and they’re working hard to fill this new property and the many others throughout our community to ensure the long-term success of Salt Lake’s hospitality community.”

January 30th

Photo By tchild2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
Downtown - Latest Hyatt Regency Convention Center Hotel Progress Videos
February 5th

Video Link

Video Link

February 22nd

Photo By Atlas

March 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
First signs of glass on the CCH!

Source - Posted By Atlas

March 26th

Source (and more photos) - Posted By Atlas

April 25th

Photos By Atlas

June 12th

CCH from my patio

CCH crains got taller over the weekend

CCH at night

Photos By BretUtah

July 1st

The Convention Hotel is getting a lot of new convention space

Photo By BretUtah

July 18th

on LinkedIn

August 2nd

Photos By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com

August 14th

Photo By Scott Harding

September 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretUtah View Post
I'm really liking the look of the Hyatt Regency at night. It is going to look great when it is finished.

Photo By BretUtah

September 16th

Photo By Reeder113

September 26th

Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City - a ~700 guest room hotel connected to the Salt Palace - under construction

Photos By Blah_Amazing

October 9th

Photo By Reeder113

October 11th

Photos By RC14

November

Photo By Orpheum

November 5th

Photos By RC14

November 5th

Some sunset pics from the last couple of weeks. Love how CCH looks from the west.

Photos By Rockies

January 12, 2022

Photos By Scott Harding

Last edited by delts145; Jan 26, 2022 at 2:20 AM.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 2:03 PM

Downtown Updates - Brinshore Developments - 255 South State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvland View Post
A little teaser: Just toured the Brinshore site. That project is going to be a very special tenant mix for Food and Bev. Just an unbelievable mix of local and national talent. I'll feed more info when the time is right. But I'm STOKED.

Brinshore Development of Chicago will have two attractive projects coming up for Salt Lake City in 2020 & 2021. The first to commence will be Downtown's 255 S. State and the second along the North Temple light-rail line on the
western perimeter of downtown.

The Brinshore Project - 255 South State

Copy By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com Senior representatives from Chicago-based Brinshore Development, one of the largest affordable housing developers in the country, according to Principal
David Brint, has briefed the Salt Lake City Redevelopment Agency (RDA) Board these past months...Brinshore’s mixed affordable and market-rate project aims to align with the goals of a 2018 RFQ from the RDA. Among those goals are
providing a significant number of “deeply affordable” units, promoting an active streetscape, establishing a public mid-block walkway, and preserving and activating the historic Cramer House on Floral Street...Instead of proposing a single
building of large scale, Brinshore’s architect, KTGY, has designed two structures. The south building will be eight floors containing 73 units and the north structure will rise to 13 stories with 117 units. 152 of the 190 total units will be
affordable, ranging from 20%-80% of AMI, with 38 units at market rate. The mix will be 122 one-bedroom, 52 two-bedroom, 13 three- and four-bedroom, with three at-grade artist live-work spaces.

On street level, the project will offer 23,000 sq. ft. of commercial space (down from 40,000 in previous plans), some of which will be dedicated to community and education purposes. The developer plans to build one level of below-grade
parking, offering 100 stalls. Eighteen surface parking spaces will be reserved for retail clients...Between the buildings will be a public “paseo.” It will run from Floral Street (an alley at about 125 East that’s accessible only from 200 South)
to State Street and align with Gallivan Avenue on the west side of State.

Pedestrians will be able to pass all the way from Edison Street (145 East) to State thanks to an existing east-west alley and the paseo.

Newly released renderings Brinshore's State Street Project

January 26th

March 4th

Photo By Atlas

Luke Garrott, BuildingSaltLake.com: ...Construction began last week on 255 South State.

City officials and developers will be delivering on a mixed-use, 80% affordable, two-tower project that incorporates significant public plazas and a midblock “paseo” between State Street and Edison (145 E). It will restore and repurpose a
historic house into a restaurant as part of the development’s 25,000 sf of retail space. The taller of the two towers (eight and 12 stories) will use an innovative construction technique, combining light structural steel with 10 levels of
load-bearing factory-panelized walls called the “Infinity System.”

The project’s 190 units will range from studios to 4-bdrms. 168 of those are federal tax credit units, serving people who make between 20-80% of AMI.

Construction is expected to take 24 months, aiming at a Spring 2023 opening. Here are some current photos of the site:

March 18th

April 29th

Photo By Atlas

May 6th

Photo By RC14

May 29th

Photos By RC14

June 16th

Photos By Concretecole

August 1st

Photo By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com

September 16th

Photo By Reeder113

October 21st

Photo By Atlas

January 12, 2022

Photo By Scott Harding

Last edited by delts145; Jan 25, 2022 at 10:51 AM.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 1:42 PM

Downtown Update, The West Quarter, Phase I Construction Timeline

By Tony Semerad, The Salt Lake Tribunehttps://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/12/...city-approves/

Salt Lake City has approved a way to pump $15 million into building a huge subterranean parking garage for Block 67, an upcoming ambitious residential and hotel project on the western edge of the city’s downtown.

The agreement, backed Tuesday by the City Council in its role overseeing the city’s Redevelopment Agency (RDA), clears a major hurdle for what is to be known as The West Quarter, a 6.45-acre development bounded by
100 South and 200 South from 200 West to 300 West.

Phase I, The West Quarter

(Rendering by The Ritchie Group) A rendering of The Ritchie Group's Phase I Block 67 development in Salt Lake City, as though looking Southeast along 300 West.

http://www.jacobsenconstruction.com/...1-1370x580.jpg

Developers with Salt Lake City-based The Ritchie Group and Garn Development Co. in Layton plan to build more than 650 dwellings, two hotels, an office tower, retail shops, a tree-lined street cut through the block and an underground
parking garage with more than 1,200 stalls.

With its four towers and extensive amenities, to be built in two phases, The West Quarter project will push the center of the city’s urban core west, with more robust pedestrian connections between the existing downtown and The Gateway and
Vivint Smart Home Arena farther west.

“It really is a good project,” Councilman Charlie Luke said Tuesday. “It really is going to do a lot for the city and especially for that part of the city in terms of redevelopment."...

...Ryan Ritchie, a principal in The Ritchie Group, has said the underground parking garage is integral to the project’s overall financial success...The loan agreement sets up a legal mechanism for the city to give the developers the $15 million in
money for the parking garage, then lets the developers pay it back over time as their project generates additional tax money. Salt Lake City’s RDA will, in turn, pass those payments back to the county...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meman View Post
December 5th - Construction fencing is going up around the West Quarter site today!!

Looks like another big project is imminent!!
Jacobsen is partnering with The Ritchie Group and Garn Development to build Phase I of The Block 67 Project. The West Quarter, a multi-use development that will help define the emerging sports and entertainment district in downtown Salt Lake City.
The project — adjacent to Vivint Smart Home Arena — will feature more than 650 residential units, a mid-block street with access to 200 South and 300 West, and a subterranean parking garage. The scope of work also includes more than
100,000 square feet of retail space, 430,000 square feet of office space and a 271-room hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
The cranes seemed to pop out of nowhere quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
The view from the 6th North bridge is amazing. The cranes look so far away from Main Street even though they are only 2 blocks.

I can't wait for the 2 CCH cranes to also go up. 6 tower cranes up and working From State Street to 3rd West and South Temple to 2nd South.

My wife did point out to me today as we drove around downtown that there are many work trucks from out of state license plats at the various projects. I thought that this was nice in that we are pulling workers from other states for our projects.

May 31, 2020

Photo By StayingInformed

June 29, 2020

The West End project by Ritchie Group at 251 W 100 S is getting footings after installing two main cranes. Its first phase will add residential, hospitality, and hotel capacity around the Utah Jazz arena.

Photo By Luke Garrott @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...tinues-to-pop/

July 29, 2020

Pic By Scott Harding

August 28, 2020

Photo By Atlas

December 23, 2020

Photo By Atlas

January 7, 2021

The West Quarter’s south crane. Convention center hotel site, center top.
Photo By Luke Garrott of BuildingSaltLake.com

April 12th

Here are some shots of the West Quarter from April 12th, found on Twitter. These are starting to make a big impact!

Photos Provided By Atlas - found on Twitter

April 25th

Updated Design of Hotel Portion of Phase I

Quote:
The next planning commission meeting will discuss proposed changes to the West Quarter development. Most of it seems to be related to the appearance of the hotel portion of the project. Details and renderings (more in the document linked above):
Quote:
The West Quarter project challenges the typical 10‐acre Salt Lake City block by proposing a development centered around a new through mid‐block street, resting on a below grade parking garage. The midblock
street will break down the large block scale and provide a pedestrian connection between the Downtown on 200 South and Gateway District on 300 West. The mid‐block street will be lined with retail on both sides creating an active urban environment that is focused more on pedestrian activity
while reducing vehicular traffic.

Due to the large size of our city blocks, the existing grade of our streets and sidewalks changes deceivingly across the block frontage as well as from one block to another. The existing grade along 300 West block changes by approximately 10’‐0”, approximately half of which takes place across the project frontage. Similarly, the grade continues to change along 200 South block frontage and 200 West creating three different elevations that the mid‐street and the service alley will connect and reconcile. From that perspective the project needed to prioritize the grade elevations and their transition to maximize accessibility and street activation without making modifications to the existing streets.

300 West is a State road operated by the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) and is subject to UDOT regulations. The existing street elevation along 300 West (between the new mid‐block street and entrance to the hotel port cochere) varies between 4272.96 at the south end and 4276.30 at the north end. The hotel ground level elevation has been set at 4278 to maximize accessibility and engagement with the new mid‐block street. The grade changes and complex relationship between the existing and new mid‐block street required the design of the 300 West frontage to be reevaluated subsequently to the Planning Commission approval.
And it turns out SLC will have at least one rooftop dining and drinking experience soon! I still hope to see something higher and closer to Main Street eventually. This one seems to have a mostly northwestern-facing orientation too, so the views of downtown and the Wasatch won't be dominant.

Quote:
The current design maintains a rooftop bar along 300 West that will contribute to street and skyline activation in accordance with the city design standards and approved design. The refined building massing creates a distinct rooftop element articulated with recessed glazing, expressed columns and a continuous architectural roofline. The roofline terminates at the northwest corner of the building with a long and dramatic cantilever that, along with the glass volume below, announces the entrance to the
development. The distinct roofline will be illuminated with continuous, linear fixtures to maintain its presence and distinct expression on the night skyline while the wood clad soffit will diffuse the lighting
and create a floating effect.

In addition to the rooftop bar, that will activate the northwest corner and create a strong connection with the Vivint Smart Home Arena, the current design will provide street and skyline activation at the opposite southeast corner of the hotel. An outdoor pool deck, with views of the downtown skyline and mountains, will create additional active uses along the future extension of the mid‐block street. In addition to enhancing and connecting the second project phase, the pool deck will be visible and create a strong connection with 200 South.

https://i.imgur.com/Q8Nreo7h.png

June 15th - Construction Updates, Phase I

Photos By Scott Harding

August 5th - Construction Updates, Phase I

Photos By Layrasm

September - Construction Updates, Phase I

Photo From Twitter @LloydColezone, photo taken from the top floor of Vivint Arena

September 26th - Construction Updates, Phase I

The West Quarter Phase 1 - Two 11-floor buildings, with 242 residential units and 272 hotel guest rooms with ground floor retail. - under construction

Photos By Blah_Amazing

December 30th

Photos By Atlas

Last edited by delts145; Jun 4, 2022 at 1:30 AM.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 1:48 PM

The West Quarter - Phase II Takes On New and Exciting Design Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
Sounds like Phase 2 for The West Quarter, may be moving faster than originally thought.

From the original plan, I think they were looking to have RWP clearing out in early 2022. With it happening around May 2021, this could mean that the overall timing has sped up.

I do think it would be nice to have 3+ major projects undergoing excavation at the same time. It is this that probably lead to the speed up of Phase 2. This will allow the current workers to shift from Phase 1 to Phase 2.

I do wonder how many towers we will see continue above the Phase 2 podium. Will we see all 3 towers, just the Residential and Hotel, or just the Residential. Pre-Covid, the plan was for the Residential and the Hotel to go up immediately and the Commercial tower to be added once demand was there. Does anyone know if this is still the plan or if we may see all 3 towers rise simultaneously?

Quote:
Very exciting to see West Quarter Phase II going forward. Walking from Main Street along 200 S, Block 67 feels so impenetrable right now. It's really going to be a nice urban gateway to the Vivint Arena when it's done, not to mention it may have a massive impact on the skyline. Right now, SLC doesn't have any towers that are more than a block or so from Main Street...

New renderings for West Quarter’s Phase 2 show impressive architectural and mixed-use ambition - Luke Garrott Reports - Full Article @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/new...-use-ambition/

Quote:
Luke Garrott - One of the worst holes in Downtown’s urban fabric will be getting filled by the second phase of the West Quarter project, whose Phase 1, along with the Salt Palace convention center hotel a block away, is sprouting a downtown skyline west of Main Street.

New renderings of the structures are out, and they are dramatic.

The 4.36 acres of Phase 2 of the West Quarter will front on 200 South, currently a dead zone of surface parking for the Royal Wood office complex at 230 West 200 South.

The project will offer 846 new residential dwellings in three buildings, the tallest of which will be 28 stories.

It also includes a 16-story office building (408,000 sf), as well as over 50,000 sf of ground-floor retail space. A 161-room hotel will be included in the 14-story residential building.

Parking will be provided in two structures, totaling 1535 stalls...Here are the new images, courtesy of Legend Partners, the project’s leasing agent.

https://www.crexi.com/lease/properti...west-100-south - Updated Phase II, As seen from the Southeast looking Northwest toward the Great Salt Lake

Updated Phase II, As seen looking toward the Northeast from the corner of 200 South and 300 West

As a comparison, here is a view of the original rendering plans

Updated from the same angle

Construction site pre-demolition of the upcoming portion of Phase II of the West Quarter.

Photo By Atlas

January 4, 2022

Quote:

And so it begins!!!!!!
Footing and foundation commercial building permit filed for Block C (aka Residential 100 (the building along 200 South directly east to the existing ‘Jackson Apartments’)).

The description says it’s for a 16-floor tower, which looks to be taller then the more recent renderings show (about 13-14 floors), so the overall design may still be in flux. Unless, of course, they are counting floors underground (which may be possible). Hopefully, that will be revealed soon.

Hopefully, this means we are going to start to see more filings for this project as well as the finalized details for it (including construction start and finish timelines).

Last edited by delts145; Feb 8, 2022 at 3:18 PM.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 1:35 AM

Downtown Update - The Patrinely Project @ 650 Main, Phase I - Including updated and additional renderings

Tony Semarad for the Salt Lake Tribune - July 15th - https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/07/...on-starts-new/ - Developers broke ground Tuesday on a 10-story office and retail project in downtown Salt Lake City, called 650 Main. The Phase I glass-clad tower at the southwest corner of Main Street and 600 South will add 332,100 square feet of high-end offices — with large floor plans, 10-foot-high ceilings and copious views — to Utah’s downtown business core, with its first phases set to be completed in early 2022. The project’s backers have a second round of construction upcoming, with an office building of similar size envisioned on adjacent land at 645 W. Temple. The Utah Transit Authority announced in April it will add a new TRAX station nearby, paid for by Salt Lake City, its redevelopment agency and the developers. The new tower has been designed by HOK, a worldwide firm headquartered in St. Louis, and its builders will reportedly aim for what’s known as LEED Gold, a high standard of energy efficiency. In addition to a spacious lobby with seating areas and about 4,600 square feet of space for retail outlets, the new tower will offer tenants an indoor fitness center with locker rooms, bike storage, a private courtyard, conference facilities and both indoor and outdoor restaurant dining. The tower is one of a half-dozen new high-rise projects proposed or under construction in Utah’s downtown core. Work on 650 Main, which has been under discussion for several years, is getting underway in spite of the pandemic after its primary backers — Houston-based developer Patrinely Group and USAA Real Estate, with home offices in San Antonio — announced in March they’d landed a major tenant for the new building.

(Rendering courtesy of Patrinely Group) Developers broke ground Tuesday on Phase I of 650 Main, a 10-story office and retail development located at the corner of Main Street and 600 South in downtown Salt Lake City.

June 9, 2020

March 11, 2020 - Enerbank Inks First Deal With 650 South Main

EnerBank USA is the first tenant to sign for space at 650 Main, a planned 10-story, 326,000-square-foot, Class A office building in downtown Salt Lake City. The bank will occupy 88,900 square feet on the top three floors, starting in early 2022.

Patrinely Group’s Dennis Tarro, along with Aaron Jones, Todd McLachlan and Roman Bernardoof with NKF represented the landlord, a partnership between Patrinely Group and USAA Real Estate. “This location will provide employees more convenient access to public transportation, while offering them excellent amenities and a productive working environment to give our customers the best service possible,” said EnerBank’s Charlie Knadler.

Construction on 650 Main will begin in spring. The property will be designed for LEED Gold certification, with floor plate sizes ranging from 40,000 square feet on the lower floors, to 29,500 square feet on the upper floors. HOK is the designer.

650 South Main

For companies focused on being truly competitive in today’s economy, workspaces have evolved to meet the demands of how the best and brightest collaborate in the workplace. 650 Main, a 10-story, 320,000-square-foot class A office building, is designed to meet these needs, providing dynamic workspaces that can benefit employee recruitment, foster innovation, and support healthy lifestyles. Building features start with oversized light-filled floorplates, tall ceiling heights, comprehensive onsite amenities, and outdoor tenant spaces. But they go on to include uniquely convenient accessibility, ample parking, onsite restaurants, and a location steps away from TRAX Salt Lake City’s light rail system. All this in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, a city consistently recognized as one of the best in the nation for healthy lifestyles and quality of life. The result is a modern workplace that is connected to it all. 650 Main – a modern office building designed for how the next generation will work.

650 Main offers a desirable downtown location, with numerous hotels, dining, and entertainment spots nearby. Accessibility need not be sacrificed, with a three-minute drive to/from Interstate 80, a 10-minute drive to the airport, and direct accessibility to the TRAX light rail system right outside the front door. Whether it is the morning commute, a business lunch, or an evening workout, 650 Main’s location provides a world of convenient options for employees and visitors.

Rendering of the Patrinely Group Office Project looking from 600 South and Main Street. Image courtesy Salt Lake City planning documents.

September 10, 2020

This used to be a parking lot. 650 S Main site. Photo by Luke Garrott.

650 S Main site, center. 6th and Main, right center. Photo by Luke Garrott.

Photos By Luke Garrott Of - https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...uction-update/

January 19, 2021
Construction site on the left, The 650 Main Project

(Francisco Kjolseth | The Salt Lake Tribune)

February 24th

Photo By Taylor Anderson of BuildingSaltLake.com

Updated & Additional Renderings

Night View from the Northeast at the intersection of 600 South and Main Street

Aerial View of both phases of the project.

Night View from the southeastern corner of the building on Main Street

Day View from the southeastern corner of the building on Main Street

Active Courtyard

Social Courtyard

Courtyard Layout

Indoor/Outdoor Fitness Center

Lobby - Sitting Area

Lobby - Front Desk

High-Tech Conference Center

Ground Level Floor Plan

Building Section

March 22nd

Photo By Atlas

April 28th

Photo By Atlas

May 20th

Photo By Blah_Amazing

August 2nd

Photo By Luke Garrott of BuildingSaltLake.com

The new 600 South TRAX station under construction alongside the new/650 Main Project.

August 21st

Photos By RC14

September 16th

Photo By Reeder113

September 26th

Photo By Blah_Amazing

January 13, 2022

Photos By Taboubak, https://www.reddit.com/r/Development...nley_tower_is/

Last edited by delts145; Aug 26, 2022 at 12:30 PM.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 1:53 PM

Downtown Update - The '6th and Main' Project

6th & Main is a mixed-use development sitting at the gateway intersection of 600 South and Main Street in downtown Salt Lake City. It consists of 175 units and 10,100 sf of retail within an 8-story type III over type I structure.
Residential amenities include a street level lounge, co-working business center, fitness center, pool, spa, and an indoor/outdoor roof terrace with sweeping views of Downtown Salt Lake City and beyond.

MVE Architects - https://www.mve-architects.com/wp-co..._6th-Main3.jpg

July 28th

Photo By RC14

September 10th

Same aerials as previous post of the Patrinely Project. The 6th and Main Project pictured to the right of Patrinely.

650 S Main and 6th and Main, bottom, Downtown, center. Photo by Luke Garrott.

Photos By Luke Garrott Of - https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...uction-update/

October 30th

Photo By ThePalmerHouse

January 19th

Red Crane on the right, 6th and Main Project

(Francisco Kjolseth | The Salt Lake Tribune)

May 20th

Photo By Blah_Amazing

May 29th

Photo SLC PopPunk

August 2nd

August 7th

Construction of 600 Main on the left, new 600 S. TRAX Station at the center, and 650 Main on the right.

Photo By RC14

August 21st

Photo By RC14

September 16th

Photo By Reeder113

New Renderings

Quote:
Found a listing for 600 S Main with some new interior and exterior renderings.

This one is an update the 650 Main rendering:

January 13, 2022

Photos By Taboubak, https://www.reddit.com/r/Development...nley_tower_is/

Last edited by delts145; Jan 24, 2023 at 1:34 AM.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 3:43 PM

Downtown Upate - The Brix Project

https://i.imgur.com/Vo8g8MWh.jpg

Quote:
Staff Report PDF: http://www.slcdocs.com/Planning/Plan...20-%20Brix.pdf

The BRIX’s design review is next Wednesday and they have an updated design and details.

Address: 241 West 400 South

The Basics: 11 floors, 115 ft tall, 144 residential units, 126 parking stalls, and a mid-block pedestrian access along the west side of the project.

Project Vision (from developer):
Quote:
BRIX is a planned multi-family mixed-use building on the south side of 400 South between 200 & 300 West. Envisioned as a clean, modern mid-rise structure in the urban core of Salt Lake City, Brix will be a new hub for living in the city center, with quick access to downtown, freeways, parks, and public transit. The project’s site is 0.673 acres and is in the D2 Downtown Support District Zoning District. A 1,600 SF commercial space fronting 400 S will be reserved for a local gym with the intent to be open to both the public for memberships and also incorporated into the tenant amenity package.

The project will consist of studios, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments, with a cluster of luxury suites on the top level providing panoramic views of the surrounding city. Access to the integrated parking garage will be tucked along the private street called Pleasant Court. Varying building masses interplay to create a clean, vibrant street presence. Active rooftop terraces on level 03 and amenity spaces on level 02 elevate the resident experience and provide an active face to 400 South both day and night. With a focus on healthy living and outdoor spaces, the project will contain a mid-block walkway along with a large amenity terrace for tenants on level 03, balconies for many units facing north and west, and private outdoor patios on levels 03 and 11.

A mid-block walkway is being designed along the western edge of the building to promote public interaction with the project, activate an otherwise dead-end alley, and realize the Broadway District goal of creating a safe pedestrian friendly network of mid-block connections.

UNIT MIX - 144 Total Units
Offering a variety of unit types and sizes is a driving priority in the project matrix / proforma to create diversity of tenants. We have found these are the unit types everyone is looking for:
- (59) Studios Apartments - 500 - 600 s.f. ea
- (50) 1-Bedroom Apartments - 700 - 800 s.f. ea
- (26) 2 Bedroom Apartments - 1,000 - 1,250 s.f. ea
- (9) Loft / Suite Apartments - 1,300 - 1,800 s.f. ea

Renderings:

Proposed Building Materials, Project Context, Project Site, and Site Plan:

Proposed Building Materials

Project Context

Project Site

Site Plan

Floor Plans:

Project Elevations

Original BRIX Design (1.0)

Other BRIX Design (1.5)

(This one is my personal favorite)

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 12:01 AM

Downtown Update, L.D.S. Church Office Building Plaza Redo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockies View Post
I think the landscaping is going to look awesome. So green

March 24, 2021

Courtesy of Jacob Oscarson Demolition of the Church Office Building plaza

May 6th

Courtesy of Michael Provard, Fountain completely removed from Church Office Building plaza

August 10th

Courtesy of Intellectual Reserve, Inc. Hardscaping of the L.D.S. Church Office Building Plaza

November

Courtesy of Intellectual Reserve, Inc. Crews waterproof the Church Office Building plaza

Courtesy of Jacob Oscarson Concrete repair and waterproofing mostly finished on the plaza’s eastern half; geofoam and dirt being added

Courtesy of Intellectual Reserve, Inc. An overhead view of the Church Office Building plaza where a flag display is being installed

Courtesy of Intellectual Reserve, Inc. Concrete footings and flag pole inserts are installed for the Church Office Building plaza

December 1st

Geofoam blocks are placed as spacers for the world flag display under construction on the Church Office Building plaza

Courtesy of Intellectual Reserve, Inc.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 11:10 AM

Update - The Twenty One's Project - Under Construction

Salt Lake City, UT
Mixed Use
109 units
21,000 SF retail
Under Construction

Twenty Ones is in the Salt Lake City Club Neighborhood. It will be comprised of two high-end mixed-use buildings. On the north of the site will be the apartment building and on the south along 2100 South will be the retail building with residential above. This project will have 22,000 SF of retail that will host the best of local shops, restaurants, and services, as well as 109 units with amazing amenities. The project intends to create a sorely needed community gathering area attracting nearby residents, quality businesses, and destination seekers together in a safe, beautiful, architecturally inviting atmosphere for decades to come.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 12:17 PM

Moved Forward

Last edited by delts145; Feb 9, 2023 at 5:11 PM.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 12:32 PM

Southern Metro - Updates, PEG Companies Phase 1 of Freedom Commons - Downtown Provo

By Genelle Pugmire for the Daily Herald - https://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...d1e65822a.html

...Beginning this week, PEG Companies has begun construction on Phase 1 of the Freedom Commons project that includes a large parking terrace, and upscale mixed-use retail and office spaces. It will house the headquarters for PEG.

According to Matt Hansen, vice president of development for PEG and the project manager for Freedom Commons, the first phase actually started with the building of the Hyatt Hotel on 100 North and Freedom Boulevard. It also will include the eight-story parking terrace with 654 parking stalls, and an office building...

...Freedom Commons Phase I will encompass a six-story Class-A office building, street-front restaurant and retail space with plug-in access for food trucks, festival lighting, a large courtyard, more than 650 covered parking stalls and more, according to the developers.

Freedom Commons will have a sleek urban-green design, an exclusive gym available to those who work there, and stylish areas to collaborate outdoors, according to PEG.

Freedom Commons is being developed and designed to provide a good work-life balance, to promote healthy professional relationships and encourage creative thinking. At its core it is bringing the modern-day office to Provo, according to Hansen.

“With employment, housing, dining, entertainment and public transportation in close proximity, downtown Provo is the most walkable location in Utah County,” Hansen said.

“Our company has been located here for years, so we’ve been able to experience this firsthand – it’s great to walk to lunch rather than having to get in your car every time you want to do anything outside of the office. This new development will help build on the energy that has been created downtown and provide a new option for companies that want to be part of the growth that continues to push farther south into the valley,” Hansen added...

Freedom Commons is under construction in Downtown Provo -

Office Features

• 2 Class A Office Buildings Totaling Over 280,000 Square Feet
• 6 Stories With Approximately 20,000 – 22,000 Square Feet per story
• $27.50 Per Square Foot / Full Service
• Innovative Fitness Center with Showers and Lockers
• Ample Structured / Covered Parking
Retail Features
• 1,375 SF – 5,746 SF Available
• Premium Streetscape Amenities Including Outdoor Dining Space Opportunity
• Quick Access to Bus Rapid Transit System
• Central Downtown Provo Location See Less

August 19, 2021

Topping out celebration, Courtesy PEG Companies

October 27, 2021

Photos By Mountain Skyline

January 16, 2022

Photo By Mountain Skyline

PHASE I COMPLETED

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/N-14...o-UT/20710305/

Last edited by delts145; Oct 5, 2022 at 9:25 PM.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 12:40 PM

Updates - Southern Metro
[/CENTER]

Southern Metro - Mill Race At The Downtown Provo Station - Groundbreaking Ceremony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek1978 View Post
So, I just met a neighbor of ours, (we've moved from Spanish Fork to Eagle Mountain) and he's an engineer. I can't remember the name of the company he works for, but they build commercial buildings and apartments. He said that as
soon he's done with the project he's working on in Park City, he'll be working on Mill Race in Provo.

That got me all excited that it's obviously moving forward.

By The Firm of "ARCHITECTURAL RESOURCES" - Established in 1991 A / r is an award winning architectural practice with offices in Buffalo and New York City.

MILL RACE AT PROVO STATION - PROVO, UTAH - 442 UNITS | 100K SQFT OFFICE - DEVELOPMENT/CONSTRUCTION

Mill Race at Provo Station is an exciting new project that will change the skyline of Provo. Commuters will love the easy access to the Front Runner station with a walking bridge over 600 South. Residents and business tenants alike will enjoy a
top notch amenities package. The local artist community will participate in creating art to beautify the site and honor the creative process happening at Mill Race and in the surrounding community.

Mill Race at Provo Station is Inspired by the iconic mountain ranges and canyons that surround the city, Mill Race mimics the experience of exploration through a series of urban courtyards encouraging play and inquiry for all ages and
walks of life.

Mill Race at Provo Station is located on the former lumberyard/ mill run that transported and processed timber from the surrounding mountains. Elevated bridges cut through each portion of the project paying homage to the site's history.
This has been reinterpreted into a way of connecting the different living spaces and amenities that is fun and dynamic for residents.

When completed, the project will include three 5-story multi-family housing buildings, a 10-story condo tower, as well as a 12 story office tower, with ample amenity space for both residents and the surrounding community.
The focus of Mill Race is to infuse play and curiosity through access to natural recreational elements while still being situated in a growing urban environment.

Additional Renderings Released - Courtesy Architectural Resources of Buffalo/New York City -

https://www.archres.com/wp-content/u...Provo-New2.jpg

October 27th

January 16, 2022

Last edited by delts145; May 10, 2022 at 3:22 PM.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 11:35 PM

Updates - Southern Metro - New City Hall, Downtown Provo

Courtesy Provo City

Courtesy Provo City

August 25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Skyline View Post
Foundation work is underway.

January 6, 2021

Courtesy Provo City

March 19th

Courtesy Provo City

August 19th

The new city hall will share its block with the Covey Center for the Arts and a planned mixeduse project. The five-story building will house 300- plus city workers and a police station.
Image courtesy of Layton Construction

https://www.enr.com/ext/resources/Is...jpg?1629402173

October 13th

Photos By Dixon Holmes @ Provo City Developments https://www.facebook.com/groups/1817935178467880/media

October 27th

January 16, 2022

Old Posted Jan 22, 2022, 1:27 PM

Southern Metro - Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine - Downtown South, Provo

The Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine is a state-of-the-art teaching and learning facility under construction in Provo, Utah. As a new educational facility in the region, it will provide critical medical curriculum for students in the Intermountain West. The building facilitates group-based learning and interdisciplinary conversations among faculty and students. Home to the newest in advanced technology, the College will change the way students learn by utilizing ‘Virtual and Augmented Reality’ software. A priority for the student life environment, the building features study pods on each floor, halo lab, simulation lab, anatomy lab, study spaces and student lounge, library, collaborative learning spaces, and faculty and administrative offices.

...“The development of this Medical Education Research Campus will have a profound and positive economic impact on Utah County and the entire state and region,” said Dr. Richard P. Nielsen, founding president/CEO of both the proposed Noorda-COM and RMUoHP. “We are honored to be the first recipients of this funding in the State of Utah and believe it is a testament to our past success and our future promise to all Utahns.”

Upon completion, the development is planned to contain 400,000 square feet of medical education and research space including the proposed Noorda-COM and the affiliated campus of RMUoHP, a combined Noorda-COM and RMUoHP student union, and surgical/research space; 685,000 square feet of multi-family housing consisting of 685 units; and 234,000 square feet of parking structures consisting of 780 stalls.

Noorda-COM (proposed) has been approved to now accept medical student applications for its inaugural class to begin in August 2021. “This bond issuance and our ability to create infrastructure on the campus is important to recruiting students and building awareness with the communities of Utah,” said Dr. John Dougherty, founding dean of Noorda-COM (proposed). “The medical school’s goal is to attract the highest caliber students, including those local students who want to stay in Utah for their medical education.”...https://wasatcheducational.com/tag/n...thic-medicine/

October 27th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Skyline View Post
Crews started raising steel the beginning of last week. Sorry for the cellphone photos

January 16, 2022

Old Posted Jan 22, 2022, 6:01 PM

Southern Metro Update - University Lifestyle Center - West End Remake, Under Construction

Currently for 2022 Woodbury Corps. ever-expanding University Place Center is adding a five-story parking structure providing 273 parking stalls, with a four-story 70,000 square-foot office building included on top of the parking structure.

Woodbury has also demolished a previous anchor store (Macy’s) which was 207,537 square feet and is now rebuilding a 195,000 square-foot Dillard's anchor.

The parking structure will have an architectural skin on the exterior to ensure a seamless facade for the office structure on top.

“Eighteen to 22% of the Orem city’s total sales tax collection comes from University Place businesses. That amounts to $5.4 million to $6.6 million each year,” said Steven Downs, deputy city manager.

In 2014, when malls around the country were failing and big box anchor stores folding, the Woodbury Corp., managers, and developers of University Place, stepped out of the box and redesigned the mall into a campus of retail shopping, Class A business spaces, housing, and entertainment.

“What is happening at University Place is becoming a ‘poster child’ for malls around the country...

Currently under construction and pictured on the right is the new Dillard's department store. To the left, a new mid-rise office tower is also under construction.

This rendering shows the five-story parking terrace with four stories of Class A office space on top now under construction at University Place.

Last edited by delts145; Nov 29, 2022 at 6:35 PM.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2022, 4:18 PM

Southern Metro, Thanksgiving Station - Lehi

“You are wanting to put the City of Highland [19,000/2021 estimate residents] on this area.” “We’re going to have to go ‘up’ and not ‘out’ in Utah.
This is addressing the future realities coming at us,” replied Ricks. Bybee added, “This is big, this is game-changing, this is world-class..."

Developers are transforming the area surrounding the Lehi FrontRunner Station into a vibrant S.M.A.R.T. Community (Sustainable, Mixed-use, Attractive, Realistic, Transit-oriented) called Thanksgiving Station.
Thanksgiving Station will feature healthy restaurants, a high-end neighborhood grocer, a mix of housing options, connectivity to multiple trail networks, and world-class active amenities. Great things don't happen overnight.
The Developers have a 20-year construction plan with a Phase planned every 2 years

Exerpts from The Lehi Free Press - ...“This is a world-class transit-oriented development (TOD)” said Ricks. “The more we look at TODs all around the Country, none of them have all the pieces that Lehi has.”

Ricks continued by laying out the objective they are trying to accomplish with the future project, using the acronym “S.M.A.R.T” to create a development that is sustainable, mixed-use, attractive, realistic, and transit-oriented...

...The area plan includes 5,837 residential units with a variety of housing products, including a 14-story high-rise with up to 150 units per acre. The residential units will include a mix of owned condo units and rented apartments.

Along with the dense residential buildings, the project includes additional office buildings, several parking garages, retail, including an Apple Store, entertainment opportunities like an indoor climbing gym, a grocery store, a walking trail network, and 77 acres of public open space.

Regarding the plan, Ricks said they hope to build, “…a very urban environment that is walkable, pedestrian-friendly with wide sidewalks, lots of trees and benches. All the things you want to make a friendly, walkable, and inviting area.”

Ricks mentioned the need for a grocery store in the area. He said the group hopes to attract a high-end grocer like Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods. “A neighborhood grocer is a key component and a lynchpin to a successful T.O.D.,” said Ricks.

The future development would begin phase one on the soccer field adjacent to the Lehi FrontRunner Station with a parking garage wrapped with apartments. It would continue with a similar product that would also include first floor retail with apartments above located on the corner of Ashton and Executive Blvd.

The largest casualty of the long-term plan is the Thanksgiving Point Golf Course which would be redeveloped into residential homes and public green space.

“If you’re a golfer it’s great. If you live there and look out on it, it’s great, but for most people, it’s not accessible, so we think there is a trade-off with dedicated open green space for the community,” said Washburn. Washburn also noted that this new plan is necessary for the long-term viability of Thanksgiving Point...

Old Posted Jan 23, 2022, 4:21 PM

Southern Metro - Rescuing An Historic Icon - Lehi Roller Mills

November 9, 2021 - Nicole Kunze for the Lehi Free Press - https://lehifreepress.com/2021/11/09...resh-branding/

... Brailsford bought the Lehi Roller Mill from third generation owner Sherman Robinson in 2012. The Lehi, Utah landmark was in bankruptcy after the 2008 housing bubble almost destroyed the business. “This is three acres of prime commercial property. This mill probably wouldn’t be here if other interested buyers had their way. I didn’t want that to happen,” remembered Brailsford. Robinson continued to work at the mill until he retired on December 31, 2020. He passed away five months later in May 2021.

“Even through bankruptcy we kept all the employees. We never laid anyone off,” Brailsford said. The family made millions of dollars in improvements to the mill, one of the last operating small mills in the United States, starting with packaging equipment and a new filtration system to keep from dusting the Lehi High School football field with flour. Included in the improvements was repainting the entire outside of the mill at a cost of close to $250,000.

...“It’s such an awesome business. We love the feel of it and the history attached to it. It’s been phenomenal,” said Steve Brailsford, President of KEB Enterprises and Ken’s son. “Lehi Mills is a landmark...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations