HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 25, 2020, 9:05 PM

^^^ That is a beautiful sight!

Old Posted Sep 25, 2020, 9:10 PM

Is the hole the whole block long? It'll be interesting to see if they just fill in the western end if they aren't presently going to build the apartment. Maybe they'll talk to Carl D. and find out about the wonderful benefits of having your very own CC hole, someplace to show clients, have parties, all sorts of possibilities. So far these people have been very impressive and bullish on Philly. Does anyone how their Market St. apartments are filling up?

Like other have said, I want them to build the red building, and I would like to see them add about 12/15 floors to it. A building that good deserves to be seen.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2020, 9:50 PM

I went on their websites for the Girard and the Ludlow and it looks like they have a little more than 100 units available between the two if they're actually even listing everything available (each floor plan is maxing at "5" available a lot of them say 5). That sounds like a lot to me, but I'm not sure what the average vacancy rate is. The Girard in particular is plagued with tons of bad reviews because it looks like they've only had one working elevator for two years and residents seem annoyed with the people staying at ROOST

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
Is the hole the whole block long? It'll be interesting to see if they just fill in the western end if they aren't presently going to build the apartment. Maybe they'll talk to Carl D. and find out about the wonderful benefits of having your very own CC hole, someplace to show clients, have parties, all sorts of possibilities. So far these people have been very impressive and bullish on Philly. Does anyone how their Market St. apartments are filling up?

Like other have said, I want them to build the red building, and I would like to see them add about 12/15 floors to it. A building that good deserves to be seen.
The hole does indeed extend all the way to 12th.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2020, 12:32 PM

The site shares a garage. They'll likely complete that and put the 'green space' above.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 2:32 AM

Jefferson University plans a pricey Philadelphia outpatient tower, but isn’t saying much on financing

Read article here:
https://www.inquirer.com/business/he...-20201023.html

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 10:29 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Jefferson University plans a pricey Philadelphia outpatient tower, but isn’t saying much on financing

Read article here:
https://www.inquirer.com/business/he...-20201023.html
When is the neighboring apartment tower expected to start? I hope it starts before this building is complete.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 11:55 PM

If you look on the previous page, the apartment tower is on hold and they're building a park in its place.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 5:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
If you look on the previous page, the apartment tower is on hold and they're building a park in its place.
i liked the design for the smaller apt building much more than the taller tower... but oh well, a park aint the end of the world, and still leaves development of that lot, a future possibility

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 1:46 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawnyJawnson View Post
i liked the design for the smaller apt building much more than the taller tower... but oh well, a park aint the end of the world, and still leaves development of that lot, a future possibility
We all know what's going to happen-- the park will be there for a few years and when it comes time for the apartment tower, people will crow "NOOOOO!!! You're taking our precious park away!!! You MONSTERS!!!!"

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 2:13 PM

^^Haha yep... exactly what I was going to say.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post
We all know what's going to happen-- the park will be there for a few years and when it comes time for the apartment tower, people will crow "NOOOOO!!! You're taking our precious park away!!! You MONSTERS!!!!"
If someone paints a mural in that park, this second tower is doomed.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
If someone paints a mural in that park, this second tower is doomed.
I've been thinking about this lately. If the 12th Street Project gets hung up because of the Mural, it's going to dissuade building owners from partnering with Mural Arts in the future. The art itself becomes a financial risk.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuy View Post
I've been thinking about this lately. If the 12th Street Project gets hung up because of the Mural, it's going to dissuade building owners from partnering with Mural Arts in the future. The art itself becomes a financial risk.
That is a great point. It will effectively end the program on any properties of value.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 4:38 PM

While I always love to see a tower go up, a park might not be the worst thing... This area could use a nice big outdoor space, I think. With good programming I think it would be very active a draw in a lot of people.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
While I always love to see a tower go up, a park might not be the worst thing... This area could use a nice big outdoor space, I think. With good programming I think it would be very active a draw in a lot of people.
Right? I'd hang there if they had food trucks, a beer garden and bands.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
How many parks does CC need? I'd rather have the tower. But I don't live or work in the area; it seems like City Hall and Love park aren't that far away.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
How many parks does CC need? I'd rather have the tower. But I don't live or work in the area; it seems like City Hall and Love park aren't that far away.
Gotta agree with you. Center City is packed with parks and green space. I mean... within 4-5 blocks in either direction of this location is Dilworth Plaza, and Washington Square. Really would prefer a tower in this location rather a park.

See? Just build the damn apartment tower. The debate over keeping a park in this location is already starting, and the park isn't even there yet!! LOL

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Gotta agree with you. Center City is packed with parks and green space. I mean... within 4-5 blocks in either direction of this location is Dilworth Plaza, and Washington Square. Really would prefer a tower in this location rather a park.

See? Just build the damn apartment tower. The debate over keeping a park in this location is already starting, and the park isn't even there yet!! LOL
Ok. Ok. I was just trying to make the best of it.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2020, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Ok. Ok. I was just trying to make the best of it.
To bolster your point, sure a building is better but I'm not sure if we have a park that immediately butts up against substantial pre-war office buildings like this park would.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive