HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Nov 21, 2021, 5:25 PM
recession proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
Dang. At the risk of prying; you've got some serious health issues that make that... tolerable? Or is it more a moral/philosophical thing? I respect either.
A mix of both: family history of severe GI problems including colon cancer, crohn's, celiac disease, ulcerative colitis and ibs, and heart disease and diabetes. I've got other life long health problems that require vigilant monitoring of my diet - ignored in my youth.

I do occasionally eat sugar, but only if I bake the desert myself: if a recipe calls for 1 cup sugar I use 1/4 cup sugar.

There's no reason to go full keto - I eat basically a gluten free low acid/low fat Mediterranean diet. Fast food, or dare I say no restaurant in Canada, meets my requirements.

re: Tim Hortons: with its large scale operations, it really should develop several gluten free affordable donuts and a coffee alternative like Dandy Blend.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2021, 12:25 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Tim Biebs - discuss.........

Old Posted Nov 29, 2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Bieber Bites would have been my choice.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2021, 12:50 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

+1

I’m waiting for Molson to chime in on this one.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2021, 3:34 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Bieber Bites?

Ball Biebs?

Old Posted Nov 29, 2021, 3:41 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Bieberettes????

Old Posted Nov 29, 2021, 4:17 PM

Quote:
I fully expect this turn of events to completely revitalize Tim Hortons.

This is genius-level marketing on the order of New Coke, ValuJet and the Burger King "King".

Old Posted Nov 29, 2021, 4:20 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewave46 View Post
I fully expect this turn of events to completely revitalize Tim Hortons.

This is genius-level marketing on the order of New Coke, ValuJet and the Burger King "King".
I think the marketing manager in charge of this campaign got his degree by mailing in a coupon on the back of a Fruit Loops box.........

Old Posted Nov 29, 2021, 4:36 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
"Sandwiches are beautiful. Sandwiches are fine. I like sandwiches. I eat them all the time. I eat them for my supper. I eat them for my lunch. If I had a hundred sandwiches, I'd eat them all at once." - FP

While I don't find Subway or Tims to be the heights of gourmet, being able to be satisfied with even the common things of life is it's own path to bliss.

Or... I'm not a picky eater.
As a parent of a toddler that song haunts my dreams.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2021, 4:40 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Sheet View Post
Any guesses on his first name ?

I bet he says 'frick' a lot and when he swears in front of ladies he says 'pardon my french'.

I'm guessing not a craft beer kind of guy.

Agreed with Molson about Dean or Doug. Also possibly Keith.

How did this convo not spark the same ire as it did in the BA thread?

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 2:25 PM
The Vomit Bag.

rrrrrrrrrroooooooolllllllllll down your cellphone security to lose
Tim Hortons app tracked too much personal information without adequate consent, investigation finds

Quote:
According to a presentation to investors shared in May, the restaurant chain's app has four million active users.
3rd party collected geolocation data

Tim Hortons was using a third-party service provider, Radar, to collect geolocation data of users. In August 2020, Tim Hortons stopped collecting location data.

However, the investigation found that there was a lack of contractual protections for users' personal information while being processed by Radar. The report describes the language in the contractual clauses to be "vague and permissive," which could have allowed Radar to use the personal information collected in aggregated or de-identified form for its own business.

"While we accept that Radar did not engage in a use or disclosure for its own purposes, the contractual language in this case would not appear to constitute adequate protection, by Tim Hortons, of Users' personal information," the report said.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 2:27 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
pairing of Rims and Bieber. Two shits for the price of one.

I hear that Nickelback and Tims are teaming up, and they have rebranded one of their donuts as the "Honey Kroeger"

Look at this Photograph!

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Last edited by MolsonExport; Jun 2, 2022 at 4:54 PM.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 3:51 PM

I for one am shocked - shocked! - that 3G Capital, known for its pride in treating its customers well and investing in their beloved brands to improve their quality, could ever design an app that would rob their loyal Canadian customers of any monetizable scrap of personal data without their consent.

Aghast and completely blindsided, I am.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 5:35 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
rrrrrrrrrroooooooolllllllllll down your cellphone security to lose
Tim Hortons app tracked too much personal information without adequate consent, investigation finds
They should just put tracking devices in the cups which will inevitably end up nestled in the floorboard or bed of a pickup truck.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 5:37 PM
Fake News

Quote:

I hear that Nickelback and Tims are teaming up, and they have rebranded one of their donuts as the "Honey Kroeger"

Look at this Photograph!

Get a nickel back with every purchase of a Honey Kroeger. Just prepare for a BM onctueux afterward if combined with a triple triple.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 5:40 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
They should just put tracking devices in the cups which will inevitably end up nestled in the floorboard or bed of a pickup truck.
nope. they are tossed out indiscriminately onto the side of the road while driving their monster prickup trucks. Especially when visiting provincial parks. Freedumb to litter where they please. They could put them into the doh-nuts themselves (said truckdriving litterbug morons will certainly chow down on Kroeger's asshole Honey Kroegers)

Last edited by MolsonExport; Jun 2, 2022 at 6:04 PM.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 5:42 PM
Fake News

Quote:
nope. they are tossed out indiscriminately onto the side of the road while driving their monster prickup trucks. Especially when visiting provincial parks. Freedumb to litter where they please.
True. Their other favourite dumping site ironically seems to be the Tim's drive thru itself. The garbage bins are always overflowing with used coffee cups. Like they only remember to toss them out while waiting for the next fix.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 6:30 PM

O-Tac’s “5 cents off everything!” / “Get a nickel back with every purchase” is a pretty clever way of teaming up with Nickelback for a marketing campaign

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 2:29 PM
The Vomit Bag.

How delightful. At least we now know what the mystery meat is made of.

Tim Hortons soup product recalled due to insect contamination

Quote:
Tim Hortons says it told stores in southwestern Ontario and Alberta to throw out the affected soup
good call

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 2:39 PM

Quote:

Look at this Photograph!

The ideal way to partner with Chad Kroeger for a special-branded product would be for Tim Hortons to introduce an Asian Soup to their menu:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada