HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Dec 16, 2010, 11:36 AM

Hi folks, hope its ok to post this here, may be helpful with rendering questions etc.. Kerkythea Tutorials Some basics and understanding materials. There is a lot more on other rendering packages too including tips and tricks. Now to check this great forum out, loads here! (If I put this in the wrong place please move it to where it should be thnx)

Old Posted Dec 16, 2010, 8:34 PM
Closed account

Welcome new forumer! Thnaks for the link. I'll use it for referance.

Glad to have you with us! Enjoy the forums!

Old Posted Dec 17, 2010, 1:17 AM
Total Egghead

Thanks for the input. I can't wait to try out the tutorials.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 1:51 AM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
Ok, I'm having a bit of an issue with sketchup when trying to draw complex rectangles. when I try to draw several smaller "separate" rectangles, they tend to form one massive one -- I select one "smaller" rectangle but instead of that smaller rectangle being selected, the larger "whole" one is. Plus, there are times when I go to draw a rectangle within a rectangle, and the whole rectangle disappears.

Anyone know why that is? I can't seem to be able to make this problem go away... It's as if all the rules involved (calculus, trigonometry, etc) just go out the window with this!

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 3:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy1983 View Post
Ok, I'm having a bit of an issue with sketchup when trying to draw complex rectangles. when I try to draw several smaller "separate" rectangles, they tend to form one massive one -- I select one "smaller" rectangle but instead of that smaller rectangle being selected, the larger "whole" one is. Plus, there are times when I go to draw a rectangle within a rectangle, and the whole rectangle disappears.

Anyone know why that is? I can't seem to be able to make this problem go away... It's as if all the rules involved (calculus, trigonometry, etc) just go out the window with this!
I consistently get these problems and they're a pain in the...

Unfortunately, there is no fix to prevent this. Once the problem occurs though, you have to delete the white (not the lines) then make a diagonal line connecting the corners of your smaller box. Delete that line. Then make a diagonal line connecting the inner corner of your new box with the farthest corner of your larger box. Then delete that line. This works for me.

If you don't understand or need pictures to help you through the process, let me know.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 6:11 PM

Does Kerkythea work with Windows 8 at all?

Old Posted Aug 4, 2013, 6:12 PM

Apparently Kerkythea doesn't run on Win 8 anymore... But the developers made a new render engine named Thea Render, which can be bought.

Anyway, here's a download link from a user in SSC. The only problem is that it's in russian

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3918692

Old Posted Aug 14, 2013, 12:43 AM
recession proof

I'm currently using the demo version and have been very impressed! I'm a noob to rendering but have experimented with Kerkythea on Windows 7. It's true I can't get it to work in Windows 8 either.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2013, 11:49 AM

So on Windows 8 you can't even launch Kerkythea or at what point does the problem come up? Because I installed KT on Win 8 in the meantime, just made 2 renders, and it seems to work well (at least so far)...?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup