HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 6:07 PM
DENNAB

How safe is Miami?

Inspired by the "How safe is NY" thread I thought I'd inquire about Miami since I may be traveling there soon.

This is not meant to offend any locals, I've just heard bad / mixed things (which of course can be said about a lot of places) and want a second opinion.

Thanks!

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 6:19 PM
cities|transit|croissants

The most dangerous thing about it is the cars. You will be fine.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Inspired by the "How safe is NY" thread I thought I'd inquire about Miami since I may be traveling there soon.

This is not meant to offend any locals, I've just heard bad / mixed things (which of course can be said about a lot of places) and want a second opinion.

Thanks!
The dangerous areas are areas you would avoid anyways and have no business being in. Pretty much you may have some beggars ask you for things (money, cigs, food, etc.) and you will deal with psychotic drivers.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 7:51 PM
Dryer lint inspector

I always felt pretty safe there, even walked from all the way from Brickell to the Wynwood area.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 8:16 PM

Too many bad hombres, believe me. They're not sending their best. Especially up the coast, around Palm Beach.

IMO the only noticeable difference relative to anywhere else in the U.S. is the frequently poor/reckless driving. If you have a car rental, be sure it covers minor damage. Don't park tight in garages. Expect some dumbassery on the highways.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 8:40 PM

Be liberal with sunscreen, the sun is probably the most dangerous thing.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 8:41 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Miami is very....aggressive. Not just the driving, but the people are the same way...I hate speaking in generalities about a place because I do love the city and greater Miami a lot, especially Ft Lauderdale. But every experience I've had in Miami proper where I've encountered that type of aggressiveness was wholly unwarranted, or was a missed cue about a perceived slight, and has gone from 0 to 60 in a millisecond. It's very bizarre...I blame the Sun.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 9:11 PM
The Vomit Bag.

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 10:26 PM

^I always ask that of my dentists. Not all of them know what I'm talking about. My previous dentist was named Nixon, so I flashed him the "Not a crook" peace sign.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 11:04 PM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

I would go before GTA VI comes out, though it sees the drivers there are already practicing for the game

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
Miami is very....aggressive. Not just the driving, but the people are the same way...I hate speaking in generalities about a place because I do love the city and greater Miami a lot, especially Ft Lauderdale. But every experience I've had in Miami proper where I've encountered that type of aggressiveness was wholly unwarranted, or was a missed cue about a perceived slight, and has gone from 0 to 60 in a millisecond. It's very bizarre...I blame the Sun.
this has been my experience as well - absolute rage out of nowhere, everyone's on edge. it's a beautiful place but miamians are loco.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
I blame the coke.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions