HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 12, 2004, 3:07 AM

NICE! I wonder what all those cranes in Uptown will look like a year from now......Sweet!

Old Posted May 12, 2004, 3:07 AM

NICE! I wonder what all those cranes in Uptown will look like a year from now......Sweet!

Old Posted May 16, 2004, 6:43 PM
Meh

Hey just wanted to mention that I had the chance to FINALLY see Dallas at night. I know it's pathetic but I've been through Dallas several times but never have been through at night even though I've seen Fort Worth on a few occassions at night. We were coming back from Denton last weekend. I must say Dallas has one of the best looking skylines day or night, of course, but it's so unusual at night. I also saw Fort Worth earlier that day. Construction moving right along with the old Bank One Tower and of course Pier 1 Place.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 16, 2004, 6:43 PM
Meh

Hey just wanted to mention that I had the chance to FINALLY see Dallas at night. I know it's pathetic but I've been through Dallas several times but never have been through at night even though I've seen Fort Worth on a few occassions at night. We were coming back from Denton last weekend. I must say Dallas has one of the best looking skylines day or night, of course, but it's so unusual at night. I also saw Fort Worth earlier that day. Construction moving right along with the old Bank One Tower and of course Pier 1 Place.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 23, 2004, 11:30 PM
bloodandpopcorn

Some construction updates, thanks to psukhu from DallasMetropolis.

Apologies in advance... these are HUGE images.

The big hole for The W Hotel and Residences @ Victory

The beginning of the Hotel ZaZa residences. I hope it looks nicer from the outside than the hotel does...

Apartments/Retail in the West End (another phase of this is due to start pretty soon, also human-scale, but slightly more impressive visually, IMO)

The Prado at Ashton Place

And last, my personal favorite, the Mondrian!

Old Posted May 23, 2004, 11:30 PM
bloodandpopcorn

Some construction updates, thanks to psukhu from DallasMetropolis.

Apologies in advance... these are HUGE images.

The big hole for The W Hotel and Residences @ Victory

The beginning of the Hotel ZaZa residences. I hope it looks nicer from the outside than the hotel does...

Apartments/Retail in the West End (another phase of this is due to start pretty soon, also human-scale, but slightly more impressive visually, IMO)

The Prado at Ashton Place

And last, my personal favorite, the Mondrian!

Old Posted Jul 14, 2004, 10:59 PM

Project Pegasus.

Wow for the I-30 Canyon!!!!!!!!

Including 2 Deck Parks

Old Posted Jul 14, 2004, 10:59 PM

Project Pegasus.

Wow for the I-30 Canyon!!!!!!!!

Including 2 Deck Parks

Old Posted Jul 15, 2004, 3:59 AM

Modrian(Formerly the Waverly)

Old Posted Jul 15, 2004, 3:59 AM

Modrian(Formerly the Waverly)

Old Posted Jul 15, 2004, 4:15 AM

Merryvale(West End) To go up diagonally SW from 1001 Ross. Right next to the West End LRT stop

Old Posted Jul 15, 2004, 4:15 AM

Merryvale(West End) To go up diagonally SW from 1001 Ross. Right next to the West End LRT stop

Old Posted Jul 15, 2004, 4:21 AM

Rendering at the Ritz-Carlton site

Old Posted Jul 15, 2004, 4:21 AM

Rendering at the Ritz-Carlton site

Old Posted Jul 15, 2004, 4:27 AM

Gables Uptown Park u/c on Cedar Springs

Old Posted Jul 15, 2004, 4:27 AM

Gables Uptown Park u/c on Cedar Springs

Old Posted Jul 15, 2004, 5:26 PM

nice!, So good to see all the projects going on....

Old Posted Jul 15, 2004, 5:26 PM

nice!, So good to see all the projects going on....

Old Posted Jul 16, 2004, 9:40 AM

new announcement

Quote:
Turtle Creek in line for another luxury high-rise
Developers plan estate-like setting for 60-unit building

11:41 PM CDT on Thursday, July 15, 2004
By STEVE BROWN / The Dallas Morning News

A Turtle Creek high-rise is the latest contender in the race to provide deluxe Dallas living spaces.

The Cresta Bella condo tower will have 22 floors of luxury residences priced from about $1 million to more than $10 million each.

The classically styled building will have a three-acre park, a spa and room service from the neighboring Mansion on Turtle Creek hotel.

"We wanted to design something with the look and the feel of a grand European resort," said developer Larry Meyer. "We think we have identified the right niche."

Mr. Meyer has built two residential towers, the Plaza Turtle Creek buildings at Gillespie and Hood streets. Cresta Bella will be at Hood and Brown streets.

Cresta Bella will hold only about 60 units in a building designed by Robert Boyd Architects and Wilson Fuqua & Associates Architects. Mr. Boyd worked on The Mansion's restaurant, and Mr. Fuqua is billed as a historic preservationist and architectural historian.

Building details will include a two-story, mahogany-paneled lobby, private elevators to the residences and a lower-level health club.

The tower will have about four condo units per floor, and the penthouses will have 22-foot ceilings.

The wooded grounds surrounding the building will be landscaped to resemble a European estate, with fountains, waterfalls, gardens, swimming pools and a dog park.

These frills are a must to attract buyers moving from large homes in affluent neighborhoods, sales agents say.

And the Cresta Bella isn't shy about appealing to wealthy buyers. Advertisements for the high-rise promise that "your neighbors are few and privileged."

While the luxury condo field is crowded in Dallas, with several buildings on the drawing board, real estate analyst Mike Puls predicts that the Cresta Bella project will be a hit.

"Larry Meyer knows his market, and this should sell well," Mr. Puls said. "There are a lot of guys talking about condos, but there isn't that much really high-end on the market."

He said both the planned Ritz-Carlton and W Hotel condo projects, where starting prices are lower than at Cresta Bella, have done well in preliminary sales.

Mr. Meyer, who finances his own projects, recently began presales and is meeting with potential buyers. "It will take us 6 to 12 months to start this building and 18 to 24 months to build it," he said.

E-mail stevebrown@dallasnews.com

Cresta Bella IS Plaza III. For reference, the Mansion on Turtle Creek and Residences would be on the lower right, just off the map.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2004, 9:40 AM

new announcement

Quote:
Turtle Creek in line for another luxury high-rise
Developers plan estate-like setting for 60-unit building

11:41 PM CDT on Thursday, July 15, 2004
By STEVE BROWN / The Dallas Morning News

A Turtle Creek high-rise is the latest contender in the race to provide deluxe Dallas living spaces.

The Cresta Bella condo tower will have 22 floors of luxury residences priced from about $1 million to more than $10 million each.

The classically styled building will have a three-acre park, a spa and room service from the neighboring Mansion on Turtle Creek hotel.

"We wanted to design something with the look and the feel of a grand European resort," said developer Larry Meyer. "We think we have identified the right niche."

Mr. Meyer has built two residential towers, the Plaza Turtle Creek buildings at Gillespie and Hood streets. Cresta Bella will be at Hood and Brown streets.

Cresta Bella will hold only about 60 units in a building designed by Robert Boyd Architects and Wilson Fuqua & Associates Architects. Mr. Boyd worked on The Mansion's restaurant, and Mr. Fuqua is billed as a historic preservationist and architectural historian.

Building details will include a two-story, mahogany-paneled lobby, private elevators to the residences and a lower-level health club.

The tower will have about four condo units per floor, and the penthouses will have 22-foot ceilings.

The wooded grounds surrounding the building will be landscaped to resemble a European estate, with fountains, waterfalls, gardens, swimming pools and a dog park.

These frills are a must to attract buyers moving from large homes in affluent neighborhoods, sales agents say.

And the Cresta Bella isn't shy about appealing to wealthy buyers. Advertisements for the high-rise promise that "your neighbors are few and privileged."

While the luxury condo field is crowded in Dallas, with several buildings on the drawing board, real estate analyst Mike Puls predicts that the Cresta Bella project will be a hit.

"Larry Meyer knows his market, and this should sell well," Mr. Puls said. "There are a lot of guys talking about condos, but there isn't that much really high-end on the market."

He said both the planned Ritz-Carlton and W Hotel condo projects, where starting prices are lower than at Cresta Bella, have done well in preliminary sales.

Mr. Meyer, who finances his own projects, recently began presales and is meeting with potential buyers. "It will take us 6 to 12 months to start this building and 18 to 24 months to build it," he said.

E-mail stevebrown@dallasnews.com

Cresta Bella IS Plaza III. For reference, the Mansion on Turtle Creek and Residences would be on the lower right, just off the map.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations