HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 7:34 PM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

A full list of the 383 approved cannabis retailers in Alberta so far...

https://aglc.ca/cannabis/retail-cann...icensee-search

If you read though it most towns of 5000+ have at least 3 stores now. Also interesting to see who the "Big Fish" retailers are here... Spiritleaf, YSS, Nova, Fire + Flower are the biggest franchise brands so far. A rule of the Alberta market says you can only own up to 15% of the market of retailers at one time which is why you see like in the Hollywood Golden Age a Big 6 or 7 forming with a few small indies thrown in for good measure...

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 8:04 PM

^^^ We've got a SpiritLeaf here in Castlegar along with 6 others lol!

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
^^^ We've got a SpiritLeaf here in Castlegar along with 6 others lol!
And yet BC is supposed to spend the least on legal weed. I guess that just says the TRUE size of the market both legal and otherwise...

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 8:22 PM

A couple of interesting updates about the industry...
https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis...s-markets-2019

With 22% of legal sales but only 12% of the population and a plethora of retailers it's no surprise has a leg up here...
https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis...f-8fd703e4228b

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead2 View Post
And yet BC is supposed to spend the least on legal weed. I guess that just says the TRUE size of the market both legal and otherwise...
Ya even the locals here are a bit surprised at the shear amount of stores versus population. We're only one short of 1 per 1000 people lol!
Our city put no limit on the amount of stores able to open here compared to our neighbours which is part of it.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Ya even the locals here are a bit surprised at the shear amount of stores versus population. We're only one short of 1 per 1000 people lol!
Our city put no limit on the amount of stores able to open here compared to our neighbours which is part of it.
Nice. Drayton Valley where I am staying half the time is pretty pro-business and pro-cannabis. Only has 2 stores open so far with 1 more licensed and another planned (put up the sign before the business was approved is a very rural AB thing).

Current smoke of the day? Hexo Lagoon (16% THC) picked up at YSS Spruce Grove for $26.99 or 3.5g. Blueberry/Northern Lights cross Indica. Great painkiller (which is what I use it for mainly these days) and a creamy head high.

https://www.leafly.ca/products/details/hexo-lagoon

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 7:23 PM

So the "Pro-business" UCP has slammed the brakes on cannabis vapes angering many and baffling many more...

https://calgaryherald.com/cannabis/c...-and-retailers

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 8:21 PM

Quote:
So the "Pro-business" UCP has slammed the brakes on cannabis vapes angering many and baffling many more...

https://calgaryherald.com/cannabis/c...-and-retailers
Health Canada should ban, rather than advise against, all vape products containing cannabis derivatives until better data is available around vaping related lung injury. The AB government would potentially leave itself open to litigation if it were to allow sales in spite of CDC and Health Canada warnings.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Health Canada should ban, rather than advise against, all vape products containing cannabis derivatives until better data is available around vaping related lung injury. The AB government would potentially leave itself open to litigation if it were to allow sales in spite of CDC and Health Canada warnings.
Too late for that. Consumers are far ahead of any role Health Canada should have played in the rollout.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Too late for that. Consumers are far ahead of any role Health Canada should have played in the rollout.
So why are you complaining about the actions of the AB government?

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 8:38 PM

Because it's not going to stop an epidemic that has already killed 40+ people across North America and is just as ignorant about reality A LOT of you appear to be in general. Your anti-pot bias is well documented so feel free to IGNORE this thread, pops!

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
So why are you complaining about the actions of the AB government?
And for the record HEALTH CANADA is a federal department so thanks for trying to bait me...

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 8:50 PM

Isn't the vape issue a vitamin derivative in vape juice and nothing to do with weed?

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Isn't the vape issue a vitamin derivative in vape juice and nothing to do with weed?
Exactly. It's Vitamin E that was used as a cutting agent. It's good for you as long as it's taken internally. Used in your lungs? "Like honey" is how MD's described it. A legal system would have allowed better tracking of these products and of course this has nothing to do with legit business.

But then again legit business and the UCP have never been one and the same. The f*cking premier rigged his own leadership campaign so that goes to tell you the quality of the people in that party and apparently its defenders on here...

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Research to date implicates vitamin E acetate which is used to thicken the vape juice. The challenge is that both CBD and THC are hydrophobic. They can be emulsified by adding surfactants. The issue is twofold:
1) existing regulations around vape juice aren't strictly enforced. Unlike tobacco products, vape juice is often imported or produced by small suppliers. It is very difficult to police retailers so comprehensive enforcement would focus on suppliers, which is relatively easy for tobacco. Until regulators can catch up to vape juice supply chains, the consumer doesn't really know what they are ingesting.

2) not enough research has yet taken place on the effects of vape products, especially around the chemistry required to emulsify oil based substances

Old Posted Jan 3, 2020, 3:06 AM

Just looking at how vape smoke lingers in the air should be reason enough to be concerned. The last time I went to a night club I drove my co-workers and they vaped in my car, the air got so bad that I wished they were smoked regular cigarettes instead. Which was surprising because I usually don't mind the smoke.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2020, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itom 987 View Post
Just looking at how vape smoke lingers in the air should be reason enough to be concerned. The last time I went to a night club I drove my co-workers and they vaped in my car, the air got so bad that I wished they were smoked regular cigarettes instead. Which was surprising because I usually don't mind the smoke.
Tobacco smoke is still WAY worse. I've never smelled vape (nicotine or cannabis liquid or flower) smoke crawl up two flights of stairs and into my apartment. Tobacco? I'm still coughing up dark phlegm from my next door neighbour smoking in her apartment instead of going outside because it's too cold...

Old Posted Jan 11, 2020, 4:37 AM

Tobacco is a plant, vapes look like a burning chemistry set.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2020, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itom 987 View Post
Tobacco is a plant, vapes look like a burning chemistry set.
You do know about herbal vapes, no? If not, you really shouldn't be commenting on something you obviously know nothing about... #typical

Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 11:01 PM

This week's personal smoke, erp, herbal vape? Blueberry Seagal by Color Cannabis. Got it as a pre-milled 3.5g foil package for $25.99. Nice relaxing head high and a great pain relief option.
https://lift.co/cannabis/strains/col...ueberry-seagal

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada