HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Ping An International Finance Centre in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Shenzhen Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 29, 2009, 10:47 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

SHENZHEN | Ping An International Finance Centre | 1,929 FT / 588 M | 115 FLOORS

I remember clearly making a thread for this tower. Where did it go???

Quote:
Originally Posted by luci203 View Post
I guess 2 faces are gold and blue glass, 2 faces are brown stone facade.

Now where's that spire vs roof smiley.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2009, 12:18 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

I'm sorry, but this tower is hideous!

Old Posted Mar 30, 2009, 12:47 AM

^^^ I have the exact opposite opinion. I find the design quite classy and its proportions very attractive. Actually, it might be my favorite proposal in recent years.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2009, 1:01 AM

It is very classy. Manages to look very slick, despite the purported brown stone facade. Hope it turns out very similar to these renders.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2009, 3:47 AM
Desert Dweller

Classy! A 21st Century version of a plain 1970's box! Looks great.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2009, 3:48 AM

I love this tower. It looks like a New York style skyscraper, which would have looked amazing in the New York skyline if the same design was proposed for the new WTC.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2009, 5:20 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
I love this tower. It looks like a New York style skyscraper,
Not to start a city vs. city, but I believe you mean a "Chicago Style" skyscraper since most of the designs this is referencing came from Chicago and the Second Bauhaus.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2009, 7:58 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 View Post
Not to start a city vs. city, but I believe you mean a "Chicago Style" skyscraper since most of the designs this is referencing came from Chicago and the Second Bauhaus.
huh?
what the hell is second bauhaus?

...huh?

Old Posted Mar 30, 2009, 6:21 PM

Could do without the gold, but it still fits. The second tower looks like American Commerce Center.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2009, 11:42 AM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Soil Testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannSZ View Post
This afternoon I went on the PingAng construction site and I have taken those pictures. I have counted 10 coring machine on the site.

All pictures are there:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yleberr...582442/detail/

Old Posted Apr 28, 2009, 3:38 PM

^^^
What, may I ask, is that?

Old Posted Apr 28, 2009, 4:35 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrat View Post
^^^
What, may I ask, is that?
These appear to be borring samples.

These samples will be analyzed in order to assist with the structural design and construction.

-sb

Old Posted Apr 28, 2009, 7:23 PM
Ascension

They look like poop.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2009, 8:12 PM

Actually they look a little like ice cream.

As for the tower, I kinda like it.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2009, 5:26 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Another possible proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
Possible new final design, by Foster. 588m, 118 floors.

文字介绍
平安国际金融中心
深圳繁荣与持续发展的见证,建筑形体的力量与平衡,足以代表城市个性的地标建筑。简洁现代、庄重恒久。面向未来的绿色建筑。彰显业主在中国保险业的领导地位。
建筑理念源于平安大厦设计的基本要点和要求,同时直接回应周边环境和地段情况。此高层建筑将成为中国深圳的新地标,将成为冲破天际线的里程碑。建筑地上高度达到588m。该建筑地上地下共计127个楼层,最高的楼层为118层,高出地面550m。
平安国际金融中心位于深圳市福田中心区地块益田路与福华路交汇处西南角。地块西侧与低密度购物公园cocopark相邻,东南与深圳会展中心相望。规划中建筑定位为国际标准高端办公商业综合体。大厦的高度是深圳普通高楼的三倍。这意味着站在其上瞭望, 视野会极为开阔。大厦形体的出发点是希望让更多的用户享受宽阔的视野。在高出周围大楼的层数上大厦的形体作了拓宽。
系统的结构是一个有效的斜肋系统。斜肋在比例上逐渐递进,迎合了底座上较小的角度和较短构件及高层上更大角度和更长构件不断变化的力的要求。
通过光滑、多表面的对比以及复杂立面自身具有的自遮蔽效应一年中可以少吸收太阳光左右。凹陷部分形成了空气凉爽的区域使得大厦上部更多楼层可以享受到自然通风。多立面形状粗糙的表面进一步降低了涡激振动使结构更为有效。
建筑物中包含万的国际标准优质办公空间。办公室地面的设计可适应各种市场需求。建筑的锥式形式产生了多种不同的地板尺寸。三个空中大堂被定义为直达梯和穿梭梯间的转换空间。每天数量众多的使用者穿梭经过因此它们也是极为重要的楼层。
空中花园为平安国际金融中心各组成部分提供了一个引人注目的中心。建筑物的整体形式提供了的公共空间。这些空间构成了空中花园位于塔楼的顶部及较宽阔的部位。通过室内沿边的梯形剪切块形式可将光线充分引入楼面深处,并有助于降低总体能耗。同时这样的边庭
有助于提高塔楼室内外的识别性,使更多在塔楼中的工作人员能够直接欣赏到整个深圳优美的景观。挑空空间增强了各楼层间部门的连通性而这在一般设计中是常被忽视。这种设计有助于加强员工之间的交流并在员工之间形成亲密的团队意识。
瞭望平台设计为供公司贵宾娱乐的设施供客户专用。从各层均有360度的视角考虑到现场的方位和高度,这将无与伦比。邀请客人到这些设施中将是很值得并具有吸引力的。双倍高度的了望甲板接待楼层位于第111层。该层将提供接待、休息及会议室设施。

Google translator:

Introduction text
Safe international financial center
Shenzhen prosperity and sustainable development of the witness, building physical strength and balance that are representative of the city landmark personality. Simple modern, serious long-lasting. Green Building for the future. Owners in China highlight the insurance industry leader.
Architectural concept of peace from the basic elements of building design and requirements, as well as a direct response to the situation of the surrounding environment and the lot. This high-rise building will become the new landmark of Shenzhen, China will become a milestone in breaking the skyline. Building on the ground to achieve a high degree of 588m. The ground floor of the building a total of 127 on the ground floor, the highest level of the floor for the 118, the ground above the 550m.
Safe international financial center is located in the central area of Shenzhen Futian block Yitian Road and the southwest corner Fuhua Road. Land on the west side and low-density cocopark adjacent to the park, the South East and across the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center. Planning the construction of international standards as a high-end commercial office complex. Building height is the ordinary high-rise three times in Shenzhen. This means that the look-out stood his vision would be very open. Building form the starting point is to allow more users to enjoy a wide field of vision. In the higher-rise buildings on the surrounding buildings were made to broaden the body.
The structure of the system is an effective system of oblique rib. Oblique rib progressive in proportion to meet the base point of view and shorter smaller components and high-level perspective on the greater and longer power component of the ever-changing requirements.
Through the smooth surface of the contrast as well as more complex facade with its own self-shadowing effect for one year can be less absorption of sunlight around. Depression formed part of the cool air of the upper part of the region makes the building more floors will be able to enjoy natural ventilation. Tatsutaro rough shape of the surface to further reduce the vortex-induced vibration of the structure more effective.
The building contains 10,000 international standards of quality office space. Office of the ground designed to adapt to a variety of market demand. Cone form of architecture have had a number of different floor sizes. Three air lobby is defined as direct staircase staircase and conversion of the space shuttle. Large number of users a day after the shuttle is therefore extremely important floor.
Hanging Gardens of safe international financial center for the various components provide a high-profile centers. The overall form of the building of the public space. These constitute the Hanging Gardens of space at the top of the tower and more spacious location. Border through the interior of the trapezoidal form of cut pieces can be fully light the depths of the introduction of the floor and help reduce overall energy consumption. At the same time, while this Court
Help to improve the identification of indoor and outdoor towers, and so that more work in the tower can directly enjoy the beautiful landscape of the entire Shenzhen. Pick of the empty floor space to enhance the connectivity between the departments in the general design which is often overlooked. This design helps to strengthen the exchanges between staff and between staff awareness of the closest team.
Observation platform for the company's facilities entertainment for VIP customer. Floors are 360 degrees from the perspective of the scene, taking into account the position and height, which will unparalleled. Invite guests to these facilities will be very worthwhile and attractive. Double height reception floor observation deck at the first layer 111. The layer will provide reception facilities for rest and meeting rooms.

Source: 建筑创作 Magazine (Archicreation).
Posted by syh101 at skyscrapers.cn.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2009, 8:36 PM

That skybridge is sick. What building/complex is it?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2009, 4:22 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

I really dislike both designs. Cheap and boring imo. The tower on the right of this picture is pretty though.

Also, please credit the picture source ardecila or your port will be deleted.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2009, 4:46 AM
low life in a tall place

I think that Foster proposal, if built, would turn out really spectacular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecom View Post
That skybridge is sick. What building/complex is it?
Information Shuniu Building / 信息枢杻大厦

The one to the right in the original photo is the Futian Shangri-La.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2009, 1:26 AM

man china is insane with their skyscrapers, and the western world is hardly aware of it

Old Posted Jul 2, 2009, 10:42 AM
Desert Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeHundred View Post
They look like poop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
Another possible proposal

Now THIS looks like poop, I hope this isn't the final design, it's so, been there done that.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive