HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jun 7, 2023, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinWarrick View Post
Dude it doesn’t take years and years for a simple project to start. There’s projects that have literally lapped this thing.. it’s pretty obvious
Actually many projects, especially in Portland due to its extremely stringent approval processes... do take years to get started.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2023, 3:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
When you have no information to add, add nothing. You're just guessing and complaining.
2oh1 I'm with you! Trollers gonna troll. On the flipside, either A) the troll has been exposed, or B) this young'n is going to be embarrassed if they ever look back on these posts. What's funny to me is, there's no acknowledgement from said poster (or troller) about their lack of contribution. Almost complete ignorance of their uncontributing comments. Sigh. I was a hoping for a ban for this seat-sniffer, but hopes are just that. Hopes.

On another note, I recall (but can't confirm) that the owner of Vibrant Cities claimed they'd never build in build in Portland again, after their current projects, due to the difficult permitting process, but I'm not sure it was them. Could've been Ethos. Either way, 111 units not being built on a parking lot is a sad end, if that's the case.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2023, 8:25 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxsg34 View Post
2oh1 I'm with you! Trollers gonna troll. On the flipside, either A) the troll has been exposed, or B) this young'n is going to be embarrassed if they ever look back on these posts. What's funny to me is, there's no acknowledgement from said poster (or troller) about their lack of contribution. Almost complete ignorance of their uncontributing comments. Sigh. I was a hoping for a ban for this seat-sniffer, but hopes are just that. Hopes.

On another note, I recall (but can't confirm) that the owner of Vibrant Cities claimed they'd never build in build in Portland again, after their current projects, due to the difficult permitting process, but I'm not sure it was them. Could've been Ethos. Either way, 111 units not being built on a parking lot is a sad end, if that's the case.

Just like I predicted with the riverplace tower this thing is cancelled and what do you know I was right

Old Posted Jun 8, 2023, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Just like I predicted with the riverplace tower this thing is cancelled and what do you know I was right
A couple things, we don't know the status of this project. It's a shaky time with interest rates, inflation, and other micro and macro economic issues. You have no additional information on this project than any other forumer that doesn't work in the industry. Perhaps even less, actually, some of us hobbiest actually dig around the internet, portlandmaps, and other circles to find out infomation about development in Portland.

If someone predicts every proposal is going to be cancelled, they'll eventually be right in some cases. Development is complicated and sometimes floating a proposal is just that. Other times it takes years to line up financing among other issues. If I predicted every restaurant that opens will close within five years, I'd be 80% correct, even though I know nothing about the specific restaurant or pretty much anything about operating a restaurant.

You aren't providing insider information on your "predictions" and negative posts. It's trolling behavior and we've been through this before. Trolling behavior leads to limited posting abilities amongst other options I'm loathe to have to utilize.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2023, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Tell me about it.
For the record, I was meaning to be in alignment with 2oh1 here…

Old Posted Jun 9, 2023, 3:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworivers View Post
For the record, I was meaning to be in alignment with 2oh1 here…
I know

Old Posted Jun 9, 2023, 7:01 AM
9-7-2oh1-!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
You aren't providing insider information on your "predictions" and negative posts. It's trolling behavior and we've been through this before. Trolling behavior leads to limited posting abilities amongst other options I'm loathe to have to utilize.
Message not received. Here's proof:

Quote:
I know
Enough already.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 4:46 PM

Sorry if this is too off-topic, but using the ignore list has made this forum much less annoying when a troll is active.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petcarpdx View Post
Sorry if this is too off-topic, but using the ignore list has made this forum much less annoying when a troll is active.
Brilliant, thank you!

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 6:23 PM

Great find! Much appreciated.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 7:46 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

Thank you! I should have done that ages ago.

EDIT: eh, it's better, but it still shows the posts are there. I was hoping it filtered them out entirely.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 9:09 PM
BANNED

So childish lol

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 8:42 PM

Quote:
So childish lol
Are you the kettle or pot, in this scenario?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2023, 6:52 PM

Update from last week:

Quote:
CITY COUNCIL FINAL FINDINGS OF APPEAL DENIAL OF APPEAL OF THE DESIGN REVIEW DECISION: City Council approves a Design Review for a new 23-story mixed use building consisting of hotel/hospitality and residential uses in the Pearl District Sub-District of the Central City Plan District. Included are café/lounge and lobby space at the ground level, 160 hotel rooms on levels 2-11, 111 one-bedroom and studio units on levels 12- 23, shared amenity and event/lounge spaces are located on the mezzanine and the 22nd floor. Two loading spaces are located off of NW 12th Avenue. Exterior materials include concrete panel at the base and metal panel at the middle and top of the tower.Approval per Exhibits H-279 - H-341

Old Posted Sep 19, 2023, 10:32 PM

That headline is some bureaucratic poetry. This doesn't mean it is going to get built though, right?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2023, 11:52 PM

I’m not sure why this is updated in Portland Maps, but there hasn’t been any recent council activity.

Given the current hotel market in Portland and the difficulty in attracting financing I’d be surprised if this one moves forward.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Sep 20, 2023, 12:43 AM

It's odd.
I checked last week and it said the permit had expired

Old Posted Sep 20, 2023, 2:34 AM

Under the permit details, it notes the LUBA land use review was completed 9/14/23

Old Posted Sep 21, 2023, 6:33 PM

Quote:
High-profile tower project in Portland paused

After facing numerous appeals, the team developing the 23-story Hyatt Place and Allison Residences has placed the project on hold.

The project, a collaboration between Seattle multifamily developer Vibrant Cities and hotelier The Sunray Companies of Madison, Mississippi, was intended for a quarter-block property at 350 N.W. 12th Ave. now used as a parking lot. The building was designed by Otak Inc. to feature 12 floors of apartments (113 units) atop an 11-story hotel with 160 rooms.

The decision to pause development of the 250-foot-tall tower, Vibrant Cities CEO James Wong stated in an email, was because Portland “still needs to recover from the aftermath of (the COVID-19 pandemic) and protests,” and financing is more challenging now – in part because of higher interest rates.

When approved in 2019, the Bureau of Development Services estimated the project value at $66 million. Due to inflation, that cost has since risen by approximately 20 percent.

The proposal for the Hyatt Place and Allison Residences drew opposition in the Pearl District during the land use approval process. The building would be the first to reach the 250-foot maximum height allowed in the area under the Central City 2035 plan, which aims to increase density in the downtown core.

Pearl Neighbors for Integrity in Design (PNID) took its opposition of the plans to the Oregon Land Use Board of Appeals (LUBA) on grounds that the building’s height would be out of scale with the surrounding neighborhood, which mainly has low-rise buildings. However, the group ultimately withdrew its appeal to LUBA, leading to its dismissal in May 2021 and concluding a two-year land use battle.
...continues at the DJC.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Sep 22, 2023, 6:13 AM

They’re still using protests as an excuse in 2023?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland