HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 1:38 PM
Chicago

The Shops at Big Deahl - 1475 N Kingsbury

March 21, 2023

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 1:40 PM
Chicago

741 N Wells

March 21, 2023

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 8:02 PM
Rust Belt Motherland

A few cool videos in the West Loop by Devodare_Chicago

Video Link

225 N Elizabeth

Video Link

210 N Aberdeen

Video Link

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 2:46 AM
Illustrator

360 N Green

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 1:17 AM

1300 W lake in my 3d model:

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 2:38 AM

Even now - Without all of these buildings built, the West Loop feels so different than it did a couple years ago. I was on Randolph today, and it just felt different with so many new buildings up. Seeing these model pics is even crazier.

Good work!

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 1:15 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarri4 View Post
1300 W lake in my 3d model:

Outside of like two other cities in America, this could double as the downtown for any major city in the country. Amazing.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 5:57 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
Outside of like two other cities in America, this could double as the downtown for any major city in the country. Amazing.
Totally... but the giant sucking sound in the Central Loop is proof that we don't really have enough office demand to support two CBDs. Hopefully Lightfoot's new residential rehab projects announced today will move the Loop into a new mixed-use phase. I'm still hesitant about moving all this office from a high transit accessible area to a medium transit area, though. Seems like a good way to shift commuters into cars.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Seems like a good way to shift commuters into cars.
In the near future, likely. But hopefully sparks demand and political will for a circle line or an Ashland (or Western or even Damen) subway.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Totally... but the giant sucking sound in the Central Loop is proof that we don't really have enough office demand to support two CBDs. Hopefully Lightfoot's new residential rehab projects announced today will move the Loop into a new mixed-use phase. I'm still hesitant about moving all this office from a high transit accessible area to a medium transit area, though. Seems like a good way to shift commuters into cars.
There is some future flexibility to route the brown line (r turn piece needed at wells/lake if they can squeeze it in) or the orange onto the Fulton market tracks. Plus the hypothetical metra stop. Add an Elizabeth stop and this place would be very well served.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Ya hit the nail on the head.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 12:55 AM
you know where I'll be

Quote:

For sure...I've beaten that drum into the ground seemingly forever.....but, the office market - or lack thereof - is taking care of this problem for us. That new Fulton Market skyline (the vast part that hasn't been built yet)....it's going to be overwhelmingly residential. As it should be. We see that already in the proposed and planned/under construction projects certainly (compare program/property type composition to just a few years ago)....but a good number of the projects currently proposed/planned as office will also assuredly be switching to residential in the not terribly-distant future.
Thankfully we had that rezoning.

Now, if we can only do something about the mandated fultonized designs....

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 1:41 AM

741 N Wells "The Leo"

20230327_134837 by ajdrewster, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 2:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty Joe View Post
In the near future, likely. But hopefully sparks demand and political will for a circle line or an Ashland (or Western or even Damen) subway.
I'd love to see all of them, but I'm not countin' on it. Since the end of WWII and the building of the 2 subway lines Downtown (and the incumbent re-routings) all we've added since then was the Blue Line extension to O'Hare in 1984 and the Orange Line in 1993. (The Yellow Line was basically just a purchase by the CTA of the defunct CNS&M RR and the Pink Line was just a re-routing of the old Douglas Branch of the Green Line.) Oh, and then there's the miles of lines that have been abandoned (from Cottage Grove to Stony Island on the Green Line, etc.). As for the Red Line extension beyond 95th, I'll believe it when I see it. The only way we'll get a real expansion of the system is if the feds fully fund it and give it the priority that it gave the Interstate Highway System. Fat chance for that as long as there's one R in the Senate to filibuster it.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 5:43 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koodoo25 View Post

https://chicago.urbanize.city/post/u...ss-360-n-green

Urbanize tours progress at 360 N. Green

The 399-foot tall office tower recently topped out

Urbanize recently toured the construction site of 360 N. Green. Located at the north end of Fulton Market, the 25-story office tower is being developed by Sterling Bay. With Gensler on board as the architect, the building rises with two thin bars of office space between a central core, creating smaller floor plates ideal for professional services firms.

With Sterling Bay leading the tour, we began by taking the skip up to the 19th floor, which will be one of the floors occupied by Boston Consulting Group. Before beginning construction, Sterling Bay secured a lease for 250,000 square feet in the building from Boston Consulting Group, who will occupy floors 15 through 24.

more pics in link

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 10:05 PM
you know where I'll be

I can't fathom how difficult it must be to get any type of office loan right now - certainly for new construction (even if well-leased) but for any existing buildings.

Intense speculation not needed over why One Fulton Market hasn't gotten off the ground yet (and that's only what - maybe 30% office or so?) Absolutely gargantuan task, not sure that it can be accomplished just now. Not that it's easy for hotels, residential or anything else at present. The largest banks were already not too interested, and everything that's happened recently with smaller banks.....forget about it.

Very much wonder about the project that Harrison Street is supposedly going to anchor. Even with a very solid anchor lease (if that was actually signed) it will assuredly be a steep challenge to finance at this time. Perhaps a saving grace is that Harrison Street itself as a tenant does not specialize in office! Kudos to the developer in advance if they can actually get a loan package across the finish line.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2023, 2:41 AM
Illustrator

210 N Aberdeen (Arthur on Aberdeen)

---------

160 N Morgan

---------

150 E Ontario
Paying our dearest friend Lucien Lagrange another visit...
I think they're up one floor from a couple weeks ago

Old Posted Apr 3, 2023, 4:46 AM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

From yesterday:
741 N Wells?

Big Deahl and environs:

Anyone know what this crane is for?

Various West Loop things (or...360 N Green and friends?)

Old Posted Apr 3, 2023, 5:14 PM

April 2023 Plan Commission

314-332 N. Clark St./315-333 N. LaSalle Dr./
101-131 W. Carroll Ave.
(Near North Side, 42nd Ward)

A proposed technical amendment to Planned Development no. 1342 submitted by 322 North Clark LLC, for the property generally located at 314-332 N. Clark St., 315-333 N. LaSalle; 101-131 W. Carroll Ave. The amendment to the planned development would allow dwelling units as a permitted use as well as identify street grade development and public access.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2023, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
From yesterday:

Anyone know what this crane is for?

The crane in question is for a double-decker distribution warehouse. See article:

https://blockclubchicago.org/2022/04...-goose-island/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations