HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Sep 28, 2008, 8:35 PM

For projects like Govenor's Brook I've created a thread were small projects can be mentioned, General Updates and News.

I've added a new term onto the list. If you ever see AOR it means as-of-right or pretty much old development agreements that can still be built. Right now it applies to International Place and the Trinity site.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2008, 7:31 PM

October 7, 2008

Updates:

5784 Charles Street; Added,
Theatre Lofts; Added,
19 Portland Street; Added,
Southview Condos; Added,
HSIA Upgrades; Added,
Trillium; now listed as "demolition"

Old Posted Oct 20, 2008, 2:50 AM

Has anybody else noticed the little "boom" coming to the north-end? It has easily outnumbered the south and west ends in number of approved and u/c buildings. They aren't really tall but they certainly are nice.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2008, 5:13 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Yes. I expect that in a few years there will be way more going on between Cogswell and North St. The best case is that Gottingen and Agricola will become real commercial streets and the overall character of that end of the city will be more like Morris/Hollis/Barrington is today.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Yes. I expect that in a few years there will be way more going on between Cogswell and North St. The best case is that Gottingen and Agricola will become real commercial streets and the overall character of that end of the city will be more like Morris/Hollis/Barrington is today.
As an aside... I've always found it weird that the "North End" is everything from Cogswell to Seaview Park. I'd say Cogswell to Almon is Central... Almon to Seaview is North. But whatever.

The worklofts on Agricola look like a great building. But the two new apartment buildings in my area (Hydrostone) are pretty ugly. That said, the new building slated for where Speedy Auto Glass used to be (across from the Hydrostone Market) looks great! It is great to see all this construction.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2008, 1:04 AM

I mainly go by the municipal districts roughly for this thread but it is strange at times. For example right now i have Armoury Square listed as downtown but Armoury Villa is in the north-end.

I suppose I could add a new district, "HALIFAX - CENTRAL" for projects near the Commons or along Robie Street that aren't really in any district.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2008, 11:13 PM

I think you're subdividing too much...

Old Posted Oct 23, 2008, 2:35 AM

You're probably right. I'm still experimenting with the boundaries so some might change. I might combine some in Dartmouth and maybe get rid of halifax-central since there isn't too many projects in it.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2008, 3:37 AM

After some consideration I have decided to get rid of halifax - central and in place of it create a "buffer zone". Basically if any projects show up there i will post a question here asking what district it should be in. For example here are the some right now;

-Trinity Site,
-Armoury Villa,
-Armoury Square,
-Spice,
-LSRC,
-5784 Charles St
-5505 Falkland

Old Posted Nov 4, 2008, 5:32 PM

Since I had surgery recently and have been home-ridden i've been just searching the internet and it turns out this thread has been spotted by others.

To whoever is using this list thank you! It is nice to know this is coming in handy elsewhares. This is a public list and is just a hobby of mine so I can;t gurantee its accuracy, just so everyone knows.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2008, 10:59 PM

Just like to say thank you to Haliguy for all the updates today!

There are too many changes over the past month for me to list here so I'll just let you guys have a look on your own.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2008, 5:53 PM
we built this city

I think a couple of projects should be moved to the complete category... 5800 South and Spice are basically done, Hydrostone Place and Southview as well.

It will just give us a better visual of what is u/c and gauge the impact of this economic downturn a bit better.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2008, 2:07 AM

I'm mainly going by the exterior so yes i will move some over. Its just hard to know when to move them.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2008, 4:28 PM

I just drove by Spice and (not surprisingly) it is still far from complete. Exterior cladding remains undone in places and I suspect parts of the interior are unfinished as well judging from what is visible through some of the windows. Let this one go and see how long it actually takes to complete for real. It is already the slowest development I have ever seen.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2008, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
I just drove by Spice and (not surprisingly) it is still far from complete. Exterior cladding remains undone in places and I suspect parts of the interior are unfinished as well judging from what is visible through some of the windows. Let this one go and see how long it actually takes to complete for real. It is already the slowest development I have ever seen.
Have to agree with you there, very slow.

I see 5800 South is stating on the billboard on site that they are opening feb 2009, so that one is just about there.

Hopefully get a chance to add some new ones to the thread soon...

Old Posted Dec 7, 2008, 5:18 PM

I was by the Spice yesterday and seeing that it still had a ways to go I didn't move it over yet. It is starting to look good though.

I moved 5800 South and Park Place V over because they are both done on the outside and both will be open to live in very soon.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 3:26 AM

Could I ask a favor of someone?

I tried the projects map link i have in the first post earlier today and it said my collection wasn't available anymore. Could someone check the link to make it sure its not just my computer or internet having problems with it? Please and thank you.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 5:01 AM

Doesn't work for me either. I get "This collection is no longer available. It may have been deleted by the author."

Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 5:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire75 View Post
Doesn't work for me either. I get "This collection is no longer available. It may have been deleted by the author."
Okay thanks Spitfire

I got the same message earlier I'll play with it tomorrow and see if I can get it to work again.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 1:06 AM

I was just browsing through the list at the first post... and it struck me. All the good residential buildings going up are condos, not many apartments...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth