HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 1:31 PM

McGillivray twinning is a shit show. I gave them hell for it in my comments. Traffic lights everywhere. At least make the portion from 101 to the connection with Bishop/William Clement free flow. They're proposing stop lights on every connection, besides the crappy diamond they put in lieu of a systems interchange.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 4:40 PM

Is it the lights in the business section you are most annoyed with? With increased traffic there, I am not surprised they are putting these in. It was likely something that came out of plans with developers and the RM in the area. The RM would have to have requested these lights as MTI does not unilaterally install lights unless traffic counts warrant them.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 7:02 PM

No, I've given up hope there. I think the connection between Perimeter and the beltway should be freeway. So from 100 to Bishop/William Clement should be freeway, or at least planned (ugh, i know..) that way.

And they're close with these options. Just need to bypass the small cluster of homes at the NE end of the new interchange and it'd be easy.

But proposing traffic signals throughout every piece of this highway planning exercise is ridiculous.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
McGillivray twinning is a shit show. I gave them hell for it in my comments. Traffic lights everywhere. At least make the portion from 101 to the connection with Bishop/William Clement free flow. They're proposing stop lights on every connection, besides the crappy diamond they put in lieu of a systems interchange.

I've only seen the portion of #3 between 100 and Bishop Grandin with no lights. Problem is the lights are plenty between Brady Road and the Bishop Grandin expansion.

We have to keep in mind that Oak Bluff is a decade away from having 5,000 people.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 8:31 PM

There's 1 or 2 uncontrolled stops in that region depending upon the option, and then traffic lights a plenty on the beltway for sure.

I'd take bets that option 2b short term will be selected and we'll have traffic lights for centuries. Actually, that would require the City to contribute money. It'll be option 1. uncontrolled intersections and traffic signals.

Boards are here:
https://www.gov.mb.ca/asset_library/...dy-phase-2.pdf

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
McGillivary has never been a limited access road.
Not talking about a freeway, but it's similar to Bishop Grandin in some ways. I'm glad it isn't a stroad however

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan