HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 11:45 PM
LADevelopmentMap.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton Robinson View Post
... also the Ktown department of mental health project on Vermont has started to get some height to it.. I think they are around the 15th floor give or take a floor drove past it today. Good times for LA highrise development...
Yeah that thing is visible past Western. I'm going to do a Koreatown update walk soon

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 8:50 PM

Thank you VERY MUCH HK, WESTCOASTSUPERTALL.. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR UPDATES, TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST I LOOK, ALMOST DAILY, TO SEE IF YOU HAVE POSTED ANYTHING NEW. I LOVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY!!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING QUALITY EVERY TIME!!! K TOWN HAS QUITE A FEW 6-8 FLOOR DEVELOPMENT RIGHT NOW AND A FEW 20 PLUS FLOOR HIGHRISES UC. I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO SEE A FEW 30+ FLOORS BREAK GROUND. I ALWAYS LOVE KTOWNS DENSITY SAVE FOR TRAFFIC SO IM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE UPDATE!! SPEAKING OF UPDATES ANYONE HAVE ANY PHOTOS OF DT LONG BEACH? SHORELINE GATEWAY SHOULD BE ABOVE GROUND BY NOW RIGHT? I THINK LB HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE SG TOWER WHICH IN MY OPINION HAS A BEAUTIFUL DESIGN IF THEY STICK TO RENDERING!!! ANYWAY IF ANYONE IS DOWN IN LB CAN YOU PLEASE POST SOME UPDATES? I AM IN INGLEWOOD AND DONT GET THERE MUCH.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 8:57 PM

Oh... For anyone interested they recently broke ground on a new residential 5 or 6 floor development in Downtown Inglewood on the corner of Florence and La Brea right across from the new Crenshaw line station for DT Inglewood. I don't know how to post pics on this forum or I would post some and some of the stadium which has made quite a bit of progress. Inglewood has changed SO MUCH in the last 10 years! ALMOST unbelievably...

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastSupertall View Post
Century Plaza Towers

Wow they're up to 18+ floors now! Thanks for the picture.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 12:01 AM
LADevelopmentMap.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton Robinson View Post
Thank you VERY MUCH HK, WESTCOASTSUPERTALL.. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR UPDATES, TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST I LOOK, ALMOST DAILY, TO SEE IF YOU HAVE POSTED ANYTHING NEW. I LOVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY!!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING QUALITY EVERY TIME!!! K TOWN HAS QUITE A FEW 6-8 FLOOR DEVELOPMENT RIGHT NOW AND A FEW 20 PLUS FLOOR HIGHRISES UC. I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO SEE A FEW 30+ FLOORS BREAK GROUND. I ALWAYS LOVE KTOWNS DENSITY SAVE FOR TRAFFIC SO IM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE UPDATE!! SPEAKING OF UPDATES ANYONE HAVE ANY PHOTOS OF DT LONG BEACH? SHORELINE GATEWAY SHOULD BE ABOVE GROUND BY NOW RIGHT? I THINK LB HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE SG TOWER WHICH IN MY OPINION HAS A BEAUTIFUL DESIGN IF THEY STICK TO RENDERING!!! ANYWAY IF ANYONE IS DOWN IN LB CAN YOU PLEASE POST SOME UPDATES? I AM IN INGLEWOOD AND DONT GET THERE MUCH.
Well thank you C.R.! I'll be making a Long Beach trip in the next few weeks. The next extravaganza will most likely be Koreatown

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 7:56 PM

Netflix on Vine - Vine Street side today:

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 9:52 PM

You're Quite Welcome, However one must give credit where its do HK WCS.. I AM VERY HAPPY to have the KTown Extravaganza to look forward to and an LB Surprise on the horizon. I am beginning to SERIOUSLY love Hollywood, also a place that should have been given loving attention from the highrise developers over the years, but is FINALLY getting some interesting development. I believe that they need to watch how many 7 floor wood frames they allow and start mandating some SERIOUS thought and diversity in any new projects proposed, for after all were talking Hollywood Ca here and LA for that matter!!! ANYWAY I don't want to get negative so I will say THANK YOU very much also to everyone who contributes to these forums and to everyone else who posts photos you are all AWESOME!!!

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 10:20 PM

It's very exciting in Hollywood right now. It's so different than what it was just a few years ago.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
It's very exciting in Hollywood right now. It's so different than what it was just a few years ago.
We bought our property about three decades ago, close to Sunset & Labrea, when the neighborhood was marginal at best (Hollywood, that is. Our building is classic streamline moderne). The amenities and walkability just keep improving. While it ain't perfect, I love it, warts and all. I feel the same for LA as a whole.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 11:26 PM

Yea, I hike at Runyon once-twice a week, so I walk through Sunset/La Brea often.
I would like to see those two three big strip malls bite the dust soon .

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
I would like to see those two three big strip malls bite the dust soon .
You'd think that corner (Sunset/Labrea) is prime for redevelopment. Those 80's strip malls days are hopefully over, especially with the prospect of a subway stop at SaMo/Labrea down the road (I'll be dead, but one can dream). Ground floor retail with residential above, I really don't care what incarnation they take, anything is better than the crap currently squatting on those properties.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2019, 8:28 AM
LADevelopmentMap.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitfiend View Post
You'd think that corner (Sunset/Labrea) is prime for redevelopment. Those 80's strip malls days are hopefully over, especially with the prospect of a subway stop at SaMo/Labrea down the road (I'll be dead, but one can dream). Ground floor retail with residential above, I really don't care what incarnation they take, anything is better than the crap currently squatting on those properties.
I can't imagine what international tourists think of that intersection. Koreatown update coming tomorrow

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 6:20 AM
LADevelopmentMap.com

Bi-monthly Century Plaza post

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 4:38 PM

Is the glass looking good? I'm guessing they aren't using the cheap stuff.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 7:21 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Yes, it looks really nice in person, and the metal cladding around the windows is nice as well. These are shaping up to turn out very nicely.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 9:30 PM
LADevelopmentMap.com

Yeah nothing about any of it seems cheap. This is going to be a premier address

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastSupertall View Post
Yeah nothing about any of it seems cheap. This is going to be a premier address
Agreed. The whole project is high quality.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 10:40 PM
LADevelopmentMap.com

Gloomy Monday afternoon on the Miraculous Mile

La Jolla / Wilshire aka "Wilshire Skyline", 16 stories

Museum Square Phase 2, 21 stories

AC Marriott (the paint already looks 30 years old)

Oscar Museum (how long does it take to build a concrete sphere?)

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 3:46 AM

Seeing the almost finished academy museum, I feel a lot of its success as a public space is going to be heavily dependent on landscape architecture. Like Piano's Niarchos Culture Center, the building succeeds because of the spectacular grounds.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 11:09 PM

I really like the Century Plaza buildings. I had a friend post a funny on facebook today regarding an ongoing emergency at the Nakatomi Plaza with a report of shots being fired. Quite the legacy.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations