HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

1 Journal Square South Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Jersey City (New York City) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 6:08 PM

I actually hope there are some 250-450 ft proposals around this area soon. There is already one 550fter up with ~650', 700', ~725' , ~800' and ~900' towers on the way. Need to build in reverse and connect the skyline down to meet the older mid-rises.

Last edited by Fardeb; Aug 30, 2016 at 6:19 PM.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 4:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fardeb View Post
I actually hope there are some 250-450 ft proposals around this area soon. There is already one 550fter up with ~650', 700', ~725' , ~800' and ~900' towers on the way. Need to build in reverse and connect the skyline down to meet the older mid-rises.
I'm not sure about directly on the Square but between Summit Avenue and Baldwin Avenue at the site of the old Mueller pasta factories they are demolishing those buildings and developing a complex highlighted by two 25 story, 325 ft. towers so that will be a positive development in that direction.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 5:23 PM

Some new details today released about midrises. One is a 20 floor building planned for John F. Kennedy Blvd and another is 15 floors in the same area. There is also an amendment to the Journal Square plan to up the height and density limitations yet again!.

The 42 floor building at 501 Summit street is at least 3 years away as they plan to keep the site as a parking lot, unfortunately.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 8:12 PM

20 floor tower planned for 2973 Kennedy Blvd

14 floor tower planned for 91 Newkirk St.

Minimum of 12+ floor and 42+ floor tower planned here:

The midrises come to Journal Square.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2016, 5:46 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: JC_Heights

Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 7:28 PM

There are many permits and other routine approvals that must first be obtained before we start to see any real construction here. They still have a long way to go, and I'm guessing the earliest will be a Spring 17 construction date. The good news is they are moving at a decent pace to obtain all the required permits.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 7:51 PM

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300355316.html

Quote:
ERSEY CITY, N.J., Nov. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Building and Land Technology (BLT) announced that The Hague, the sixth and final apartment building within The Beacon luxury apartment complex in Jersey City, has fully leased up within six months of its introduction. With this milestone achieved, The Beacon apartment complex is now stabilized in its entirety following a massive historic preservation and renovation effort, and is now home to nearly 2,000 residents in its 1,155 rental units.
This bodes very well for Journal Square since it's in a much better location but similar prices as the Beacon. Six month to rent stabilization is very fast. Industry standard is 3-4 years.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 12:25 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Current Site:

Credit: JC_Heights

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 3:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
There are many permits and other routine approvals that must first be obtained before we start to see any real construction here. They still have a long way to go, and I'm guessing the earliest will be a Spring 17 construction date. The good news is they are moving at a decent pace to obtain all the required permits.
BREAKING NEWS

An application for one of the last permits needed to be obtained before construction can commence has very recently been submitted. (horrible sentence but whatever

I have 942 ft for the taller tower and 730 ft for the smaller one. This is an increase of 50 ft and 30 ft, respectively. This increase means 1 Journal Square will top out 99 Hudson as Jersey City's tallest tower!

Construction usually begins around 90 days after application, so we may very well see groundbreaking in the early Spring.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 4:37 AM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS

An application for one of the last permits needed to be obtained before construction can commence has very recently been submitted. (horrible sentence but whatever
Haha! It sounds like when I use google to translate German sentences.

Good news.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 8:08 PM

Some OJS-related activities on the plaza announced for Jan 15th
http://i.imgur.com/rQioD6d.jpg

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 8:52 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS

I have 942 ft for the taller tower and 730 ft for the smaller one. This is an increase of 50 ft and 30 ft, respectively. This increase means 1 Journal Square will top out 99 Hudson as Jersey City's tallest tower!

Construction usually begins around 90 days after application, so we may very well see groundbreaking in the early Spring.
How events turn for the better. Wow, so Journal Square will boast the tallest for JC. Lol, now all we need is for Queens to boast the future tallest. (Which btw I strongly believe will happen, just watch!)

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 8:54 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
How about the floors? Do we have floor data so the title could be changed. Can't be much a difference. + 3/4 floors.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_resident View Post
Some OJS-related activities on the plaza announced for Jan 15th
http://i.imgur.com/rQioD6d.jpg
EXCELLENT PIC!! FURTHER CONFIRMATION THAT CONSTRUCTION WILL START EARLY IN THE NEAR YEAR.

I'm hoping for a mild winter so we see this one break ground at the earliest opportunity.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 10:25 PM

http://www.thenewjournalsquare.com/2...aring-for-1js/

Quote:
The site that used to house a hotel, a trolley terminal and many memories has sat vacant for some time now. After a few false starts it now seems that change is just around the corner. The site of the much anticipated 1 Journal Square is due to start construction in the first quarter of 2017. In preparation of that construction there will be some changes, please see the notice below.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 10:31 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
How about the floors? Do we have floor data so the title could be changed. Can't be much a difference. + 3/4 floors.
If I had to guess...

Quote:
And unanimously approved :-)

Further good news is that they're not using the full density allowance and could come back and add additional floors to either tower if the market demands it.
The developer added a few floors to each tower and are now taking full advantage of the allowable development rights. I would not be surprised if the taller tower ends up in the low 80s. Think 10 ft per floor so 5/3.

Again, speculation on my part but the pieces of the puzzle are there.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 7:16 PM

The actions taken by Kushner suggests he may be planning to build both towers at the same time...

Anyone know for sure? I guess it makes sense if the share the same base?

Old Posted Dec 28, 2016, 4:36 AM

If I'm not mistaken I believe at the most recent approval for the two tower One Journal Square project wasn't it said that both would be built together? I certainly hope so, and fingers crossed 30 Journal Square won't be that far behind.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 3:53 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
The actions taken by Kushner suggests he may be planning to build both towers at the same time...
That would be ideal versus the phase style / % of sales SOP for projects like URL and Journal Squared. Both those projects, once they reach a certain % of sales, will continue to the next phase. Such as the case with URL, which is a 3 tower development.

This will be a big deal for the region. Given its location, it will be the focal point for many coming in from the West. Also quite a complement to Newark from certain angles.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 7:28 PM
Greetings from New Jersey

Taken on 12/28/16

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction