HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted May 18, 2020, 12:52 PM
Shoehorn Freeway ca 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
Another problem with using Glenmore would be the cost to upgrade certain sections to true freeway standards so the speed limit could be 100 or 110. That along with the dangerous goods issue is probably why the current plan is to use 901. As far as I'm concerned they would still need to upgrade the existing road so there's a more direct route into the "middle" of Calgary. My preference would be to divert the #1 into Glenmore. As you said dangerous goods could use 201 to avoid the causeway. The southerly route could be signed as 101 and used for people who want to bypass the city when going west or east. For shippers it would be a lot faster than having to come where the existing #1 intersects the 201 and then having to go half way around the city.

If any of the above gets done in my lifetime I'll be way too old to care. Would be nice if they started now just to create jobs and improve the transportation network in the region.
And the darned Medicine Hat Bypass and Crowsnest Freeway

On va prolonger l'Autoroute 417 jusqu'à Renfrew à bientôt, tout en remplaçant l'intersection du Chemin Calabogie à un échangeur d'abord!

Old Posted May 18, 2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
Another problem with using Glenmore would be the cost to upgrade certain sections to true freeway standards so the speed limit could be 100 or 110. That along with the dangerous goods issue is probably why the current plan is to use 901. As far as I'm concerned they would still need to upgrade the existing road so there's a more direct route into the "middle" of Calgary. My preference would be to divert the #1 into Glenmore. As you said dangerous goods could use 201 to avoid the causeway. The southerly route could be signed as 101 and used for people who want to bypass the city when going west or east. For shippers it would be a lot faster than having to come where the existing #1 intersects the 201 and then having to go half way around the city.

If any of the above gets done in my lifetime I'll be way too old to care. Would be nice if they started now just to create jobs and improve the transportation network in the region.
Upgrading to 100 km/h probably won't happen, but 80 km/h would still be a significant improvement to 50 km/h with signals every 2 blocks. It would be comparable with Whitemud Dr, Circle Dr, and a free flow Yellowhead Tr.

Old Posted May 27, 2020, 5:23 PM
Shoehorn Freeway ca 2017

Repost from waterloowarrior: https://news.ontario.ca/mto/en/2020/...o-renfrew.html

M.T.O.'s extending Highway 417 (TCH Upper Ottawa Valley Route) from Arnprior (64 km from Ottawa) to the town of Renfrew (86 km from Ottawa).
Stage 1 (to be commenced): Interchange at Calabogie Road (Renfrew County Roads 508 & 54)
Stage 2 (down the road): 3 interchanges by Renfrew and twinning

On va prolonger l'Autoroute 417 jusqu'à Renfrew à bientôt, tout en remplaçant l'intersection du Chemin Calabogie à un échangeur d'abord!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada