HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #7381  
Old Posted May 15, 2020, 9:18 PM
Patrick S Patrick S is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller5 View Post
NY Times among others are reporting a Taiwanese company will be building a $12 billion chip plant in AZ. 1500 jobs. Any chance it's in Tucson? Probably Goodyear or some other terrible west valley spot but I can hope.
According to KGUN "The factory will be in Phoenix. Locations are being evaluated currently."

https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-new...or-new-factory
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7382  
Old Posted May 16, 2020, 9:32 PM
Azstar Azstar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 111
[QUOTE]According to KGUN "The factory will be in Phoenix. Locations are being evaluated currently."[/UNQUOTE]

Of course it will be.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7383  
Old Posted May 18, 2020, 6:31 PM
crzyabe's Avatar
crzyabe crzyabe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 220
The renovation and construction on the Flash TV development (6th Ave, south of 5 Points) is well underway. 50ish apartments in total with some street level retail.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7384  
Old Posted May 19, 2020, 4:21 PM
Ted Lyons Ted Lyons is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 881
Farhang & Medcoff is looking to renovate 100 S. Church, the old Visit Tucson building on the corner of Church and Broadway. Being a La Placita remnant, there's only so much they can do with it architecturally but it looks like a good project that'll get rid of an eyesore.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7385  
Old Posted May 20, 2020, 1:24 AM
Ted Lyons Ted Lyons is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 881
So, UA halted most construction projects but, as far as I know, existing contracts could be fulfilled. Thus, we have renderings for the Applied Research Building and, wait for this one, the Grand Challenges Building.





This looks amazing.

EDIT: Found a video for the Grand Challenges building.

https://youtu.be/v70brKPUrI0

Would prefer more variation in the overall massing (just looks like a box from afar) but still impressive up close.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7386  
Old Posted May 21, 2020, 8:47 PM
kaneui kaneui is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
So, UA halted most construction projects but, as far as I know, existing contracts could be fulfilled. Thus, we have renderings for the Applied Research Building and, wait for this one, the Grand Challenges Building.


EDIT: Found a video for the Grand Challenges building.

https://youtu.be/v70brKPUrI0

Would prefer more variation in the overall massing (just looks like a box from afar) but still impressive up close.
Although we now have some renderings, UA has removed construction schedule timelines for their three projects scheduled to break ground this year (although I have left them in my Google map listings), underscoring the financial uncertainty the university is facing for the immediate future.

On another note, my Google map for Tucson Development Projects has just surpassed 30k views in a little over a year, so it looks like there's plenty of interest in tracking development news, even as we head into what looks like a slowdown in local development.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7387  
Old Posted May 22, 2020, 5:23 PM
crzyabe's Avatar
crzyabe crzyabe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneui View Post
On another note, my Google map for Tucson Development Projects has just surpassed 30k views in a little over a year, so it looks like there's plenty of interest in tracking development news, even as we head into what looks like a slowdown in local development.
29k of those are me
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7388  
Old Posted May 23, 2020, 4:57 AM
andrewsaturn's Avatar
andrewsaturn andrewsaturn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 204
Was surprised to see the corner of Broadway and Rosemont razed already. I know there was talks awhile back about a market going in there. Here is the link:

http://tiboaz.biz/2018/08/02/broadwa...major-changes/

[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7389  
Old Posted May 23, 2020, 10:43 PM
Patrick S Patrick S is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 536
[QUOTE=andrewsaturn;8930377]Was surprised to see the corner of Broadway and Rosemont razed already. I know there was talks awhile back about a market going in there. Here is the link:

http://tiboaz.biz/2018/08/02/broadwa...major-changes/

The link you provide notes that the market has been changed to a micro-hospital which is what I last remember hearing about.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7390  
Old Posted May 27, 2020, 6:23 PM
Ted Lyons Ted Lyons is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 881
Watched most of the Rio Nuevo meeting yesterday. As we know, 75 E Broadway is moving forward. Based on my calculations, it should be 19 or 20 floors. Marcel Dabdoub reported that they've secured 80% of their financing and the other 20% should be secured this week with paperwork finalized over the next month.

The Bautista is also moving forward and Rio Nuevo financed their portion this month.

Finally, although not on the agenda, it was reported that 1 S Church is moving forward as well and they'll be in front of City Council, I believe requesting GPLET abatement, on June 9th.

There was some other business but these were the bigger projects that came up.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7391  
Old Posted May 27, 2020, 7:28 PM
kmiller5 kmiller5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
Watched most of the Rio Nuevo meeting yesterday. As we know, 75 E Broadway is moving forward. Based on my calculations, it should be 19 or 20 floors. Marcel Dabdoub reported that they've secured 80% of their financing and the other 20% should be secured this week with paperwork finalized over the next month.

The Bautista is also moving forward and Rio Nuevo financed their portion this month.

Finally, although not on the agenda, it was reported that 1 S Church is moving forward as well and they'll be in front of City Council, I believe requesting GPLET abatement, on June 9th.

There was some other business but these were the bigger projects that came up.

That's great news! Was there an update on construction timelines for the Bautista or 75 E. Broadway? The last I had heard was this summer for the Bautista but I can't find any project documents on PRO.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7392  
Old Posted May 27, 2020, 7:50 PM
Ted Lyons Ted Lyons is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller5 View Post
That's great news! Was there an update on construction timelines for the Bautista or 75 E. Broadway? The last I had heard was this summer for the Bautista but I can't find any project documents on PRO.
Not really much discussion of Bautista other than the statement that it was financed. For 75 E Broadway, the only schedule info mentioned was related to the fact that all the existing agreements will have to be revised. No hard timelines, though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7393  
Old Posted May 27, 2020, 10:54 PM
crzyabe's Avatar
crzyabe crzyabe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 220
I heard a rumor that Raytheon is looking for a downtown Tucson presence in the next few years. Could mean 100s of people. I wonder if it is enough to fill the commercial portion of 75 E Broadway? Another option could be 101 Linda over in the Mercado. Months ago, the developer claimed they had a tenant closing to signing for that building.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7394  
Old Posted May 28, 2020, 5:11 AM
andrewsaturn's Avatar
andrewsaturn andrewsaturn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 204
Reid Park Zoo

It appears Reid Park is starting its phase one of a 10 year master renovation plan that includes expanding its footprint into a portion of the park area. It is bittersweet to see this move forward as the park will lose one of its two ponds.
https://reidparkzoo.org/future/

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

The first phase will have an "Asia" themed area expected to be completed in 2022.

[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7395  
Old Posted May 28, 2020, 5:12 AM
andrewsaturn's Avatar
andrewsaturn andrewsaturn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
Watched most of the Rio Nuevo meeting yesterday. As we know, 75 E Broadway is moving forward. Based on my calculations, it should be 19 or 20 floors. Marcel Dabdoub reported that they've secured 80% of their financing and the other 20% should be secured this week with paperwork finalized over the next month.

The Bautista is also moving forward and Rio Nuevo financed their portion this month.

Finally, although not on the agenda, it was reported that 1 S Church is moving forward as well and they'll be in front of City Council, I believe requesting GPLET abatement, on June 9th.

There was some other business but these were the bigger projects that came up.
Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7396  
Old Posted May 28, 2020, 6:00 PM
Dadedos Dadedos is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 4
Was there ever any update of the Speedway-Campbell Gateway project? Or was that shelved?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7397  
Old Posted Jun 1, 2020, 6:53 PM
andrewsaturn's Avatar
andrewsaturn andrewsaturn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadedos View Post
Was there ever any update of the Speedway-Campbell Gateway project? Or was that shelved?
Couldnt find any updates online but the rezoning was approved back in 2018 to construct the 20 story building.

https://www.kold.com/story/38463667/...roval-near-ua/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7398  
Old Posted Yesterday, 10:00 PM
Patrick S Patrick S is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 536
Luxury Casitas Proposed for Tucson

Proposal on Catalina Hwy just north of Tanque Verde.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:08 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.