HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 1:10 AM

Quebec is the hardest hit because the construction industry was stopped completely in April. That's more than 200,000 workers.

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 1:19 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaterMontréal View Post
Quebec is the hardest hit because the construction industry was stopped completely in April. That's more than 200,000 workers.
Hopefully this means if the construction sites start up again employment will jump.

It's unclear to me how much of this is just temporary shutdown unemployment in Canada and how much is with us to stay for a longer period, maybe 1-3 years.

Old Posted May 10, 2020, 1:22 PM

Construction along with accommodation & food services seem to be the worst hit industries right across the entire nation.

Agriculture and utilities, the things people can't live without and considered an essential, are least hit. Government jobs, the people expected to have implemented policy in a timely manner, are not affected by CoVid19 out break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Mtl View Post
A couple of douchebags set two communication towers on fire and you equal that to the whole population of the province? How idiotic is that?
Four cell towers in Quebec set on fire, but who's counting.

Chadilllaccc - you need your doctor to up your prescription to keep you more balanced

Last edited by SaskScraper; May 13, 2020 at 2:31 PM. Reason: nope

Old Posted May 10, 2020, 4:11 PM
Winnipeg

At least during this time, the last thing that should be done is to compare which province is “better”.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 2:13 PM

Statistics Canada reports an annualized rate of inflation in April of -0.2% (-0.7% on a seasonally-adjusted monthly basis), the lowest since 2009. Excluding energy costs (down almost 40%), the Consumer Price Index rose 1.6% in April. The prices of food, cleaning products, and paper products all rose significantly.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/dail...-eng.htm?HPA=1

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 6:20 PM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskScraper View Post
Chadilllaccc - you need your doctor to up your prescription to keep you more balanced
You’ve always been a blight on this forum and at best an embarrassment to your province on here, but there is nothing more pathetic than picking on someone for their mental health concerns. Not even Rousseau or MolsonExport have sunk that low. Absolutely pitiful, especially since you are only grasping at straws picking on my mental health because I called you out for being a regionalist prick Seems like you may need some help more than I, or at least some personal growth, as I have accomplished. Good luck, biscuit.

'My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.' — Jack Layton

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada