HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Dallas has multiple iconic and statement skyscrapers and I'd gladly trade in any supertall proposal for multiple blocks of redevelopment downtown.
Ab-so-lutely.
There is no tangible need for a supertall in Dallas right now. All a supertall would be good for is looking pretty at a distance, but I think our skyline is plenty pretty as is. Hitting zero surface lots inside the downtown loop is the bigger milestone to reach than any new supertall would be and there is a lot of work to go on that front.

I think all of the horizontal growth in uptown/turtle creek has had a greater impact on the skyline than one or two supertalls would have had alternatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yackemflaber69 View Post
Maybe Dallas skyscrapers doesn't get the attention it deserves because they don't build the taller skyline altering towers that Austin and Houston to a lesser extent does. They're more interested in infill, which isn't a bad thing imo. Hopefully one day those larger skyline altering towers start getting built. Moving to Dallas in July, can't wait to see the skyline grow.
Always glad to get a new neighbor! I hope you like it here!

Last edited by IcedCowboyCoffee; Apr 17, 2024 at 7:43 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations