HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vblack View Post
Exponential Economist Meets Finite Physicist

Thoughts from the growth can continue indefinitely folks?
I think I can speak for a majority of the Denver forum folks here when I say we wish to move back to discussing Denver development projects..... There's a whole City Discussions sub-forum where folks can go crazy on this topic.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
I think I can speak for a majority of the Denver forum folks here when I say we wish to move back to discussing Denver development projects..... There's a whole City Discussions sub-forum where folks can go crazy on this topic.
Fair enough. I'll change the post.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 1:49 PM

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 3:33 PM

16-story apartment complex proposed for Golden Triangle lot

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Dweller View Post
Golden Triangle is becoming super vertical. I would've preferred this to happen in a more transit connected area but maybe improvements to RTD's bus services can help this area.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
Golden Triangle is becoming super vertical. I would've preferred this to happen in a more transit connected area but maybe improvements to RTD's bus services can help this area.
I agree. I think between potential BRT along Speer and Broadway, the area would be served pretty well. Yeah, it's great to see this level of infill going in there at this level.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
What's the height restriction? I wish there were a few slender towers, and not as many land barges.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
What's the height restriction? I wish there were a few slender towers, and not as many land barges.
The latest draft of the neighborhood plan contemplates point towers up to 300 feet. The current zoning allows for +/-175 feet.

https://www.denvergov.org/content/de...nd_Design.html

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post

Platte Fifteen is being developed by Legend Partners who will be a joint venture partner along with Austin, Texas-based Endeavor Real Estate Group on the Gates District at Broadway Station.
That's not correct. Platte Fifteen is Goff Capital/Crescent Real Estate. Legend is the broker on the retail space. Endeavor is not involved.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 5:55 PM

Regarding Golden Triangle, I think the neighborhood could highly benefit from a protected bike lane on Bannock or Delaware. I'm not sure that there is quite enough room but that would frankly be the fastest way to commute in and out of the CBD. Plus, Bannock is becoming a very dense residential corridor with recently completed projects such as Parq on Speer and the three or four other comparably-sized projects in the pipeline.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
The latest draft of the neighborhood plan contemplates point towers up to 300 feet. The current zoning allows for +/-175 feet.

Where did you see that? All I saw was that they wanted to preserve the current max of 16-18 stories, but start measuring height for the whole district from Broadway instead of from each parcel.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Dweller View Post

I like the two towers.

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...nt-towers.html

If everything currently planned for Golden Triangle actually gets built, that's some serious urban density. The triangle could definitely use more in terms of bars, restaurants, retail. Hopefully that will come too!

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Where did you see that? All I saw was that they wanted to preserve the current max of 16-18 stories, but start measuring height for the whole district from Broadway instead of from each parcel.
Look at the PowerPoint and meeting summary for advisory committee meeting #3.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 9:41 PM

Quote:
I like the two towers.

If everything currently planned for Golden Triangle actually gets built, that's some serious urban density. The triangle could definitely use more in terms of bars, restaurants, retail. Hopefully that will come too!
Those renderings beat Civic Lofts. I'm fairly confident that some of these projects will materialize. The developers have a decent track record and the sky-high and frankly ridiculous rents currently being charged in GT will help these pencil out.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 11:52 PM

Speaking of the GT, would anyone happen to know anything about what is or isn't going to happen with the proposed 15-story building at 990 Bannock? Last I heard, the city was going to suspend the licenses of the contractor and the demolition company after this demolition accident. I drive by there most mornings so I've been watching the site for any signs of activity, but it became a lifeless gravel lot as soon as the "demolition" was cleaned up, and it's been that way ever since. Does the developer have to find a new contractor in a situation such as this? Do they just wait out the suspension?

Weird stuff man.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:

I missed the "community open house" but took the online survey (which asks local residents for input on what future GT development should look like) a couple days later. Looks like the survey is still up and running should any of y'all feel inclined to chime in.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 12:53 AM

^ Man this one does sound weird-wonder if the investigation is still ongoing??

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 1:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
Speaking of the GT, would anyone happen to know anything about what is or isn't going to happen with the proposed 15-story building at 990 Bannock? Last I heard, the city was going to suspend the licenses of the contractor and the demolition company after this demolition accident. I drive by there most mornings so I've been watching the site for any signs of activity, but it became a lifeless gravel lot as soon as the "demolition" was cleaned up, and it's been that way ever since. Does the developer have to find a new contractor in a situation such as this? Do they just wait out the suspension?

Weird stuff man.
The first building by LMC is on the Acoma side. The second building planned for the Bannock side is still in the planning stage. It is planned in the 2021-2022 time frame. In the meantime, the Bannock lot will be used for construction staging.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 1:17 AM

Quote:
I like the two towers.

I like the two towers too. Man, it's so much better than the massive land-barges being built in other parts of the hood. It should all be zoned for point-towers such as this as far as I'm concerned.

As for the serious urban density, I find it strange that despite the fact that all this new development is coming in, street parking is still a piece of cake in that neighborhood. I hate the idea of punishing people for owning cars in a city in which cars are by far the fastest and most practical way to get around (as you all have heard me scream from the rooftops many times and I'm sorry for that), but I have to wonder if all the development coming into this neighborhood with 1.5-ish underground (and/or podium) parking spots for each unit are providing too much parking. These developments are marketed to rich folks who want to park their Mercedes in a garage as opposed to parking on the dirty street with the commoners, so of course parking is part of what makes their projects feasible and helps to secure their financing, but still...

I live in Cap Hill about 5 blocks over (on Pennsylvania) where parking past 7pm is a hellish nightmare. I have recently implemented a 20-minute rule on looking for a space. If I've been driving around the neighborhood for 20 minutes and have yet to find a spot, I give up and cruise on down to the GT and park in the first random, open spot I find, then walk home from there. It's always easy to find a spot down there despite the towers everywhere. Why? So strange.

Last edited by Sam Hill; Oct 17, 2019 at 4:13 AM.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 1:22 AM

Quote:
The first building by LMC is on the Acoma side. The second building planned for the Bannock side is still in the planning stage. It is planned in the 2021-2022 time frame. In the meantime, the Bannock lot will be used for construction staging.
Interesting. Thanks for the info, RDS. You're a fountain of knowledge.

I'll have to start watching the Acoma side...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West