HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Old Posted Sep 28, 2019, 4:13 PM

Brampton developments

hi all.. noticed not much gets posted regarding the city of Brampton.. not a hotbed of excitement by any stretch development wise, (I should know, I live in the city) but nevertheless some decent developments are currently under construction in the downtown core.

Symphony Condos 23 stories U/C

Railroad St. Rental 27 and 25 stories U/C

Old Posted Oct 5, 2019, 8:32 PM

proposal for 253 queen st. e. currently a mess of a plaza. Could be Brampton's first skyscraper if built. Designed by Quadrangle.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2019, 8:33 PM

the proposal is a total of 3 towers..

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 11:28 AM

Downtown Brampton is in desperate need of re-development. Already started around 15 years ago with the Rose Theatre and then some condos and what not, but the pace has been surprisingly slow.

It would be nice if Main St. could be more charming.

I don't mind more condos in the rest of Brampton as Brampton feels too bland.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 2:38 PM

totally agree. i live in downtown brampton and the only thing charming about it is the farmers market. The dt struggles to hold onto businesses. Anytime anything remotely interesting opens, it tends to stay open for a year or two max. A few trendier restaurants and hip coffee shops/bakery would go a long way I think.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 6:21 PM

Atlas Medical centre 7 story proposal 241 Queen St. Brampton

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 6:23 PM
Midtowner since 2K

Hopefully Brampton will learn to densify like a proper city in a few years....someday. It feels like a humdrum...sad city to me, just with it's endless suburban expansion. I haven't been in Brampton proper for years, and even then, the last time I was there was for the VIA train station. I'll stop by sometime soon...

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 6:33 PM

Rose Garden Residences 23/25/27 storey) Not sure about the status of this one ..

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
Hopefully Brampton will learn to densify like a proper city in a few years....someday. It feels like a humdrum...sad city to me, just with it's endless suburban expansion. I haven't been in Brampton proper for years, and even then, the last time I was there was for the VIA train station. I'll stop by sometime soon...
I've lived here for the past 5 years and I completely agree with you.. It's a very blue collar kinda town that resists change compared to Mississauga.... there's an underlying potential though with some charming spots.. Pretty boring otherwise and way too much sprawl.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 6:47 PM

Centre of Innovation ... This is the type of development in the downtown core I really get excited for

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up8i4j7vHB0

Last edited by 905er; Oct 10, 2019 at 7:21 PM. Reason: error

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 2:24 PM

Rhythm Condos Mattamy. phase two (on the right)... Phase one looks like public housing.. and it's hideous.. hopefully phase two will be much improved.

this is what phase one looks like.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 10:41 PM

Shoppers World: Brampton's original mall is being torn down for a new neighbourhood. The Hurontario LRT should be able to get riders to Steeles so that's a plus.

Renders:

Old Posted Apr 22, 2020, 10:30 PM

The city approved a 20-storey mixed-use office development for this site in 2012 in principle, with the rule being that the development had to also a receive a zoning bylaw amendment in 18 months otherwise the approval would expire. The agreement renewed once and expired in 2017.

Staff recommends this development be approved in principle again, with the new zoning deadline being June 2019.

The building would be at most 20 storeys, with commercial/retail space, and above ground parking in a three-storey podium. The remaining floors should either be exclusively office uses or a combination of office and residential. If it’s the former, the building would only be 15 floors; if it is the latter, the building would be 20 storeys. The zoning bylaw amendment would specify what type of building it will be and how many parking spots are required.

Source: Bramptonist

Old Posted May 2, 2020, 4:31 AM

It's too bad they stopped the LRT. It probably would have helped the downtown, make it more of a true hub, more regional importance.

There is lack of vision and ambition compared to the rest of the 905. Brampton is bland not only compared to Mississauga, but also Oakville, Markham, Richmond Hill... It's just faceless sprawl, no distinctive corridors or neighbourhoods. Very little land preserved for future high density compared to other 905 municipalities. They didn't think much about the future.

For a small place like Pickering, maybe it's not surprising they haven't thought big. But for a big place like Brampton, maybe you expected a little more.

Old Posted May 25, 2020, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doady View Post
It's too bad they stopped the LRT. It probably would have helped the downtown, make it more of a true hub, more regional importance.

There is lack of vision and ambition compared to the rest of the 905. Brampton is bland not only compared to Mississauga, but also Oakville, Markham, Richmond Hill... It's just faceless sprawl, no distinctive corridors or neighbourhoods. Very little land preserved for future high density compared to other 905 municipalities. They didn't think much about the future.

For a small place like Pickering, maybe it's not surprising they haven't thought big. But for a big place like Brampton, maybe you expected a little more.
This is what Brampton residents vote for and want. Let them live with the consequences.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 4:16 PM

Rhythm condos.. phase 2 under construction. Thankfully it is MUCH improved over the first adjacent phase built 10 years ago.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2020, 2:56 PM

meh.. in a meh area. Hurontario/Steeles

Last edited by 905er; Oct 17, 2020 at 3:40 PM.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2021, 12:36 AM

80 Scott st. ... proposal would see an existing apartment buildling demolished to make way for this beast.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2021, 12:40 AM

also.. this ugo.. proposed 20 stories just north of the Brampton Courthouse on Main .. more density coming with the LRT through Mississauga reaching Steeles ave. in Brampton.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2021, 12:43 AM

Centre for Innovation (U/C) ...thats the best pic i can find

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario