HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering

Old Posted Aug 7, 2009, 2:49 AM

Help with degree options.

I was wondering if I could get some opinions...

I am currently work in airfield management in the Air Force. The good thing about the job is that I get exposure to all sorts of different fields from construction management, to engineering, to business management. While I was deployed I got to work on some pretty big projects from conception, to projects that had just started the actual work. Now that I have experienced this, I would like to expand my knowledge and pursue a degree in a related field.

I could go to Embry Riddle for an aviation/airport degree, but the coursework available to me, I'm afraid won't get me down the road I'm looking for. I have also looked into Construction Management degrees, but I think I would like to be involved in the earlier stages. About the only option, to my knowledge, in the engineering field (Civil Engineering) is through Old Dominion University since I am limited to online degrees, or evening classes in Southern Mississippi.

What I would like to do is design airports. My main interest is in the runway, taxiways, and parking ramps. From the layout to the pavement design and everything in between...

Long story short... any suggestions on what route to take?
Sorry for the too-long story, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering