HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 12:20 AM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Let me get your assertion correct:

The Jets hired PLD's dad to the Moose coaching staff three seasons ago with the ultimate goal of attracting PLD to the city. I guess with that logic they also drafted Adam Lowry way back just to eventually attract his dad as a coach.

That is some serious forward thinking on the Jet's part. If the Jets brass is capable of this sort of chess versus the other teams checkers - they must be purposely losing out in the playoffs just to make sure no other team will discover their genius.
So far the plan to draft Keith Tkachuk so that they'd be able to sign Brady and Matthew hasn't paid off, but the Jets are playing the long game. They're already pencilling in Bobby Hull's great great grandson for the 2049-50 season.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 2:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeLocker View Post
I'd argue petry is the better choice. Dubois makes sense if you think hiring his dad is gonna anchor him to the city. If you go by the evidence where he's clearly a whiner you can't rely on him for anything.

Petry is a high cost but seems like the guy who could make the jets truly competitive.
Jets are 4-1 right now and leading Edmonton 1-0 in the first period right now I guess we aren't competitive enough though?

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 4:03 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Let me get your assertion correct:

The Jets hired PLD's dad to the Moose coaching staff three seasons ago with the ultimate goal of attracting PLD to the city. I guess with that logic they also drafted Adam Lowry way back just to eventually attract his dad as a coach.

That is some serious forward thinking on the Jet's part. If the Jets brass is capable of this sort of chess versus the other teams checkers - they must be purposely losing out in the playoffs just to make sure no other team will discover their genius.
I heard it was November 2020 my bad.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 4:04 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Do you think it would be wise for the Jets to take on a 35 year old Weber who still has 6 years left on a nearly 8 million dollar cap hit? Petry would help the Jets, but he's 33, and even a 22 year old Petry is not worth Dubois. Montreal would need to offer far more.
Sure more than either or, sure. Not sure what the habs can offer but the jets need defense.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 4:07 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Jets are 4-1 right now and leading Edmonton 1-0 in the first period right now I guess we aren't competitive enough though?
I meant specifically for a Stanley cup, this could be there year, if they could get a blue line.

The Jets by your own logic have proven they don't need more offense, everyone and their dog will tell you this teams biggest flaw is a lack of defense. Weber, Petry etc could go a long way to getting them a cup.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 4:38 AM
Community Guy

Buzzer beater!

Once again sloppy defence, ugly overall play, but we somehow managed to get 2pts.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 4:41 AM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Buzzer beater!

Once again sloppy defence, ugly overall play, but we somehow managed to get 2pts.
And by we you mean McDavid, yes?

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 4:44 AM
BANNED

What the hell is wrong with the Tkachuk brothers? Like seriously, you can just see there's something straight up sadistic about these two. There's having no empathy/being hyper aggressive, and there's having a very clear desire to inflict pain onto others. I watched the Jets-Sens games praying Stanley would clean his clock. Now I"ve heard the other bastard just got away with kneeing a goalie in the head.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 1:32 PM

Tough break for the Jets. I wasn't expecting all that much playing less than 24 hours after the last game, against a formidable foe and with the backup starting in goal. But to have it hinge on a bogus video review call and Brossoit probably letting in one more than Hellebuyck likely would have was hard to swallow... might have been easier to take a clean 5-2 loss. Oh well, time for the boys to get some rest before the rematch.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 3:58 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Tough break for the Jets. I wasn't expecting all that much playing less than 24 hours after the last game, against a formidable foe and with the backup starting in goal. But to have it hinge on a bogus video review call and Brossoit probably letting in one more than Hellebuyck likely would have was hard to swallow... might have been easier to take a clean 5-2 loss. Oh well, time for the boys to get some rest before the rematch.
IT sucks because the oilers are clearly the jets main concern with getting into the playoffs. As long as the oilers are loosing games, jets-flames-leafs-habs all have the confidence they are getting in.

Regardless you can't blame the Alberni nor Bucko, they can't make up for poor defense.

Last edited by LakeLocker; Jan 25, 2021 at 4:11 PM.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2021, 6:18 AM

Hey we can beat someone in hockey!

Vancouver 7
Ottawa 1

Old Posted Jan 26, 2021, 2:29 PM
Community Guy

Fixed that one for yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
Hey we can beat someone* in hockey!

Vancouver 7
Ottawa 1

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 3:49 AM

Jets win 6-4 vs Edmonton I love this bubble hockey with the high scoring its like the 80's.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 3:55 AM
Community Guy

Right!

Far more entertaining, but a bit repetitive I gotta say.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 3:57 AM
Starring as himself

It was like an 80s Smythe Division game, that's for sure. High-octane and entertaining.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 4:01 AM

Its weird but Ehlers has been a beast this year since Laine left his speed seems to be more purposeful and refined than in years past if that makes sense?

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 5:10 AM

If anyone was watching Toronto-Calgary, Jake Muzzin hilariously flipped the puck at Tkachuk after the buzzer. Ostensibly it was vengeance for his fall (or attack) on Campbell. Naturally that set Tkachuk off, but he couldn't get any punches on Muzzin and instead took it out on the Flames bench, bottles, tunnel, and surely half the change room. If it were anyone else there would be an uproar but I don't think Muzzin lost many fans tonight Funny how this seems so just when normally if would be the cheapest of shots.

Like was mentioned earlier, Tkachuk is a sadist. Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say; some icing on top of a great mini-series for the Leafs.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/t...in-flips-puck/

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 2:18 PM

The games have been very good so far. I really hope the NHL does two things:

1. Drop the silly blackout restrictions, especially if you subscribe to NHL Gamecentre Live.
2. Stager the game start times. For example if there are 6 games that start at 7ET make half of them start at 7:20ET, or a couple earlier.

I was watching the Pens/Bruins game last night and when it went into intermission, I flipped over to another game, but they were all in intermission as well. How am I supposed to see all of the product that way? The playoff bubble was awesome because we got to see games all day long. What is wrong with a 5 or 6pm start time? No one is racing home from work to get themselves ready to go to the rink in time for the game.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 2:32 PM
Community Guy

Agreed... 630 post news hour.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 3:46 PM

I get TV yadda yadda but these 9 pm starts in Winnipeg are nuts.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada